Canadian Roofing Company Ltd.

35 Minford Ave Toronto ON M1R 2B4
Canadian Roofing Company Ltd.

Best of 2020 winner 4 timesBest of 2020winner 4 times

Reviews for Canadian Roofing Company Ltd.

Justin F in Toronto
Justin F in Toronto

Very Satisfied with my new roof!

Darren was patient, respectful and kept me up to date right from the first meeting to determine a cost estimate which included pointing out areas of risk where costs could increase, through to the end when dealing with a small snag (more on that below).

For the roof, they stripped several layers of old shingles and put on new ones and re-sheathed a portion of the house that needed it. I won't go into great detail here since, similar to a lot of other reviews, they did an excellent job. Time will reveal how the roof will perform but initial impressions are good and given the detail put in to the installation I expect that the risk of encountering an issue should be low.

Now on to the snag - It's my opinion that an important factor that elevates one company from the rest is not necessarily how they execute the core roofing work (that should be the easy part), but how they handle unexpected issues and disputes that inevitably come up. A few days after the work was wrapped up, my neighbour pointed out to me that there was some minor damage to the parging layer on the side of his house that was not previously there, ironically, in the area where a sheet of plywood had been placed to protect his furnace/dryer vents. I called Darren to bring this up to him and to my relief, he did not argue and did not get defensive and pledged to come have a look and determine the best path forward to correct the problem. Within a week, the damaged section of parging had been patched up and as far as i can tell, my neighbour is satisfied.

So while i think it's still fair to say that the damage should not have happened in the first place (hence the 1 point deduction on the score here), I greatly appreciate that this issue was taken seriously and a repair was executed quickly. I would be happy to recommend this company to friends and family.

Celine
Celine

Replacing and regrading two flat roofs

Jason was a dream to work with. I can't say enough about the work that his team (Steve being the onsite foreman) did at my house. Jason took the time to explain everything about what the issue was, how they were going to solve it, why it mattered, and what I could expect. he answered every question I had and was always available if there was a problem.

I had two flat roofs that were leaking and creating problems and their team went above and beyond to find the issues, make sure everything was solved for, regrade to ensure no more water would pool, and then water test everything. The quality of work is unparalleled (MUCH better than any roofers I've used previously at other houses) and they stand behind everything they do. I cannot recommend them enough.

Ian D. in Scarborough
Ian D. in Scarborough

Roofing, siding and eaves

This is the second time I have used the Canadian Roofing Company. Last time was for a roof re-shingling.

This time I had the roof re-sheathed and re-shingled, new siding, eaves troughs, and downspouts. The jobs were done quickly, and very well. The site was thoroughly clean after (important as I have a pool and I don’t want guests stepping on sharp objects).

Jason and his team do an amazing job and I highly recommend them.

Niall
Niall

Replacing roof on house and garage

Great professional job all around. We recently had our roof on our 1916 Edwardian house and garage replaced by Canadian Roofing Company. A great job from start to finish. Darren came over, did a thorough visual inspection. He sat down with me, explained everything, and gave me the quote right there and then (I waited for a while to get the quote emailed to me by other companies). He was very clear in what I was paying for, and possible additional costs I might incur, depending on whether I had any damage to my plywood. The price was higher than some of the other places I reached out to but I don't mind paying a little more if the work is superior. The job took two days and the crew worked hard and diligently during very hot weather. Overnight the job site was kept very clean and when they were all finished they did a great job of cleaning up. Foreman Steve was a prince of a guy and I have since heard that he has been with the company for something like 15 years so clearly tons of experience. He was very respectful and professional and just had a lovely demeanour. Darren was also a pleasure to deal with, and an excellent communicator. Highly recommend this company.

Roof replacement

The raccoons did their dirty work to our roof, and our lower roof was completely worn out. Darren came over and gave a very thorough rundown of what his company would do, and why. It was a much different quote than two other companies I heard from. That quality assessment gave me a good feeling.
When his team arrived, the foreman, Steve, introduced himself and was a true leader the whole day. They explained everything they were going to do - and why. They took pictures to document everything they found, any changes they had to make, and the finished product.
A thorough job. My roof, they said, was not a difficult project. There was nothing crazy about it. But I was very happy with what they did and how they listened to what I was concerned about and we made good decisions together (like not replacing the skylight).
I would definitely recommend Darren, and Steve's on-site team.

New flat roofs, etc.

Had Cdn. Roofing Co. take out and install two new flat roofs, with considerable carpentry work needed at our residence in TO. Work was delayed because of pandemic, but is now done, and they did a good, clean, thorough job. Jason and crew were great to work with. Would recommend their work to anyone.

CB from Toronto
CB from Toronto

New roof

Jason was generous with his time, explaining all aspects of the job and answering my questions. Obviously very experienced. Old shingles removed and replaced with new architectural shingles, new animal-proof vents, ice shield, etc. Crew of 6. Fast, efficient, good cleanup. Competitive pricing. An excellent experience . Highly recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We appreciate your feedback and business! From all of us at Canadian Roofing Company Ltd.

Amanda in Toronto
Amanda in Toronto

Roof replacement, insulation & aluminum work

We hired Canadian Roofing Company to do a complete roof replacement, including all new plywood, shingles, aluminum work (gutters, soffits, etc.) and some insulation. Jason contacted me the next day after I submitted a quote request through homestars, and arranged a site visit soon after.

The quote we received was very fair, not the cheapest but not the most expensive. When I spoke to Jason to go over the quote, what stood out to me was his attention to detail, honesty and commitment to doing a thorough job. The roof was in terrible shape and there was also some animal damage - Jason explained the work that would need to be done very clearly.

We also needed to have some cedars cut back that were overhanging the roof and Jason was able to recommend an arborist who gave me a very fair price and completed the work very quickly.

The roof work was completed over several days and the aluminum work was an additional day or two. We are so pleased with the entire job Jason’s crew did from start to finish. Communication was excellent as was the clean up of the job site. Highly recommend!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! It was a pleasure working with you Amanda! From all of us at Canadian Roofing Company, we thank you for your business!

K & H in Toronto
K & H in Toronto

Roof replacement and aluminium work

We had leaks in our sloped and flat roof. After repairs failed to address the problem, we invited several roofers to visit and give us quotes. Although Jason's quote was not low, we were impressed with how knowledgeable he was about roofs in general, and about the century old roofs our area. Jason and his team were professional, personable, conscientious and courteous from start to finish. They explained things thoroughly, answered our questions and provided options. They redid our sloped roof and removed several layers of the flat roof down to the roof boards, installed new roof boards as needed, insulated, caulked and sealed various areas, installed drip edges, did aluminum work along the roof edges, and cleaned all the debris. They sent photographs throughout the process so that we knew exactly what they were doing. In the end, we had a comprehensive photo catalogue of the work they had completed. We are very satisfied with Canadian Roofing Company Ltd. and recommend them highly.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! We always look forward to hearing our customers feedback. All of us at Canadian Roofing Company Ltd. would like to thank you for your business! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Aluminum work

We had all the soffits and gutters replaced. The work was completed in less than two days. The crew was very professional and the roof looks great. Darren inspected the work several times. Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. From all of us at Canadian Roofing Company Ltd. we appreciate your business!

More about Canadian Roofing Company Ltd.

At Canadian Roofing Company Ltd., we take pride in upholding
the highest standard of quality & custom workmanship. We have been a family business for over 25 years and endeavor to keep our employees well trained in order to maintain our commitment to you of a job well done. We are a Toronto based business and as a result only service the outskirts of the GTA by appointment only and for these clients interested in an estimate, there is a fee of $150 + hst which is refundable upon booking with us. It would be our pleasure to provide you with a detailed estimate for the work you are interested in having done. In addition to this, our goal is to answer any questions you may have and to educate you on the entire process, from start to finish. We look forward to hearing from you.