So Green Canada (Landscape Design / Build)

107-4001 Don Mills Road Toronto ON M2H 3J8
Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
So Green Canada (Landscape Design / Build)

Best of 2015 winner 2 timesBest of 2015winner 2 times

Reviews for So Green Canada (Landscape Design / Build)

Private User reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Front yard, Backyard and porch

My husband and I interviewed several contractors over 2 years but decided to hire Gus. He was very pleasant to deal with and very easy to communicate with. His pricing was not cheaper than the others but he seemed very trustworthy and gave us lots of ideas. The project started and completed on time and the work was excellent. We are very happy with his work. Our front yard is envied by our neighbours and some took his contact info too. Even after a year when I contacted him, he was willing to bring me the armour stones I wanted for the front without hesitation. Would definitely recommend him to others

Hi Ramesh abd ruby
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your front and back yard project . It's highly appreciated
Yes , you guys worked hard as well with me to select material , texture and colors . And I believe your time spent on doing so paid back with a beautiful front and back yard .
And thank you for naming one of the trees in my daughter name . One day as she grows older I will take here to your house to check on it

Hope you enjoy your project which came in a great time where back yard is the only safe retreat due to the pandemic. Enjoy
Best ,Gus

Royston in Toronto
Royston in Toronto

Landscaping quote

I was looking to do a driveway with a permeable paver that hasn't been used much in Toronto, the Ecobloxx. Gus stepped up and did the research and met with the product rep to find out more about the Ecobloxx. He came to the house multiple times to go over the project and explain the pricing, even giving me helpful suggestions to improve the final product.

We didn't end up doing a driveway project as we are waiting until next year when our neighbor does their landscaping work as well. However I'm sure if I did hire Gus he would do a great job as described by the other reviews here. Out of the many landscapers we talked to, Gus seemed the most genuine and helpful.

Many thanks Roy
Best of luck and stay safe
Gus

Jonathan in Markham
Jonathan in Markham

Landscaping and sealing

Last fall, we hired Gus for somebody landscaping work and clean up. He and his crew did an excellent job. In addition, we also asked So Green to seal our front yard, walkways and backyard patio stones before the winter.

Hi Jonathan

Many thanks for writing a review about your experience with our company .
You hired us in 2018 to build , design the back yard , side and front and this year you have hired us to complete what we have started by cleaning and sealing all our hardscape work .
Definitely sealing the patio, sidewalk and front yard have popped out the colours of the selected Melville slabs and gave it more brighter look .
Hope you enjoy it for years to come , best of luck in 2020 .
Gus

Eilonwy Morgan in North York
Eilonwy Morgan in North York

Delighted with So Green Two times over

Gus and his team have done wonderful landscaping work in both our front and back gardens (two separate projects) at 361 Indian Grove, Toronto. Both were complete rebuilds: masonry, stonework, and plantings. We continue to receive compliments from neighbours and passers-by. Gus gives great attention to detail and quality workmanship. The two projects were completed within timeline and budget.

Hi Mrs Morgan , Ian

Many thanks for taking the time to review our work on both project . It was great working with both of you on both the front and back yard .
I hope that you enjoy them for years to come and I wish you and all of your family a great a prosperous , healthy new year. Cheers

Terri
Terri

Driveway

I had someone else put in the apparatus for a heated driveway. Gus did the stonework around my driveway and was also responsible for the asphalt. I told him there were different types of asphalt and he said to not worry. He subcontracted to someone else and within a year my driveway was crumbling. I called him to try to figure out a solution and he ignored me repeatedly.

Shawn in Toronto
Shawn in Toronto

Interlock Driveway and Flagstone Path

After a failed start with a previous contractor that could not get the job done, I put in a lot of research into finding a team that could execute and deliver well. Having an engineering degree, I really put the teams I interview through the paces to determine who would do a quality job for the right price. Gus came through with great communication and details of how he was going to do the job with the high quality I was looking for.

Once the team got working, they continue to impress. Coming in early and leaving late every day to get the job done. As with all jobs, unexpected items can come up, but the team did great to communicate, provide solutions and execute on the plan. The driveway and path look great and I'm sure it will last for many years to come.

Thanks Gus at team!

Many thanks Shawn it was a pleasure working with you .
your project turned out to be very nice hopefully you enjoyed for years to come have a great winter

CW from Toronto
CW from Toronto

New permeable paver driveway and re-build of front porch

Gus did a great job on a new permeable paver driveway plus re-building the front porch and entrance to our house. Excellent attention to detail and high quality of work. We have got many compliments from neighbours on the obvious quality and style of the completed project.
He was very clear about when he would start the job and how long it would take and Gus and his workers were very respectful of the neighbours while they were working here.
Gus has excellent skills and holds all his crew to high standards. The stonework was done with real artistry and the landscape lighting he recommended and installed is beautiful. We were very pleased with the final project and highly recommend Gus and So Green Canada.

Hi cam
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your second experience with so green in the front yard and driveway project this year
I am glad that the job turned out to your liking and your contribution along with Claire in selecting the type / Color of material natural and man made has definitely helped in making this project comes beautiful and matching the surrounding and the facade of your house
Hope you enjoy it for years to come and looking forward to hopefully dropping by soon when Claire finishes all the planting in and around the new landing / steps and raised plant bed
Best
Gus Amro

Roy from TO in North York
Roy from TO in North York

Dream Backyard - So Green is the BEST!

Gus and his team at So Green completely transformed our jungle of a downtown backyard into a gorgeous space to host all our friends and family!

We cannot thank Gus enough for his professional work, expedience and craftsmanship!

Thank you Gus, and So Green!!!

Many thanks Roy , and I am glad that the project from planing to execution went smooth and the end result is as you have envisioned and to your liking .
Hope you enjoy it for years to come . Have a great summer .

Front and Backyard Interlocking and Landscaping

Gus and his team had done a great job on our project. He is willing to spend time in putting together a great design that fits our budget. We had some malfunction coping lights after being installed for a few months and he assured us action will be taken to fix the issue. We are very pleased with his follow up service.

Hi Carmen, Clayton
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our services . I know you wanted to wait for two years to write a review about your experience and results , and until our two year warranty is finished on all of your hardscape work.
Last year one of the back yard trees *( red bud ) didn't make it and we sent a crew and had it replaced shortly after you emailed us that it's dead .
One of the coping light fixture has stopped working as you have advised this winter and I did promise that we will change it and replace it even if the warranty is expired or over .( we're hoping to do so shortly when the weather permits ) .
We will make every effort to hopefully try to keep our good customer satisfied with our services and work ,since we believe that a happy customer will bring us a repeat or a referral business and that is what we strive to do.
Many thanks and hope you enjoy your front and back yard for years to come .

Boris in Toronto
Boris in Toronto

Great design and execution

Very satisfied with the service. Gus has great ideas, both practical and good looking. Completed on time and budget. You’ll get many compliments. All of the paintings survived and thrived, even though we had some heavily shaded areas.

Hi Boris
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on a job that was completed around 7-8 years ago . It’s highly appreciated .
I wish you all the best of luck with your cottage project this year. I wish we're close to this area so that we can provide you again with our services .
Have a great spring start , best regards-Gus

More about So Green Canada (Landscape Design / Build)

Located in the heart of the city of toronto , So Green is creating one of a kind residential gardens with passion . So Green offers a complete residential landscape design + Build services in toronto and the GTA area.

With over 17+ years of landscape experience and a portfolio of award winning gardens , and a degree in horticulture and agriculture engineering we are dedicated and passionate about creating the elite garden for our clients.

PRODUCTS : Natural stone work ( Retaining walls , flagstone all types -dry and wet(mortar) laid ), planting , Sodding , custom wood work , Night lighting , walkways , driveway , steps , living green walls , green roofs , rainwater harvesting systems

OUR SERVICES : Landscape Design + Build

COMPANIES & BRANDS: Techo-Bloc , Unilock , permacon , Hanson ,oaks , Allan Block , Stone link , and all Natural stone products

SPECIALIZING : Water features ( spill system, water fall, streams , urban style water features) , front yard parking pads , walkway , steps , patio`s using man made stones or natural stones, Living Walls and Green roofs