Your Home Electricians

Formerly AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.
Electricians
251 Raleigh Avenue Toronto ON M1K 1A5

Electricians
Your Home Electricians

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 7 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 7 times

Reviews for Your Home Electricians

Chris in Ottawa
Chris in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Vlad was so thorough and professional

Vlad went through all of our concerns and making sure that everything is taken care of. Really happy with the service and care.

A
A
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Panel Upgrade to Breakers, Bath Fan Install

David and Nick (apprentice) came out to upgrade pur 100A glass fuse panel to a 100A breaker panel, as well as install a bathroom exhaust fan.

David and Nick were also the ones who came out to do the quote and so when I was given the option to have them do the work as well, I jumped on that opportunity.

The bathroom fan is SO quiet and despite running into trouble with the way our awkward bathroom door/wall is framed, they managed to make the end result of the new bathroom light and fan switch look fantastic and well-placed!

Both David and Nick were friendly, positive, and professional. They are an absolute joy to have in your home doing work both in terms of their personalities/courteousness and the quality of their work.

We would absolutely recommend AC Electrical to friends and family for electrical work (in fact, we already have), and plan to contact them again when we tackle larger projects with redoing our kitchen next year.

Electrical project

Our project was quoted and the work done in an hour in a professional fashion. It required some cutting of drywall which was promptly cleaned up. The technician was informative and friendly. Would definitely have the company again

Smoke Detector Replacement

I have four smoke detectors that are wired into my home's electrical system. I had the original ones installed by the builder replaced 10 years ago. A few weeks ago, they started "chirping" signaling they were at the end of their operating life. I contacted Your Home Electricians / AC Electrical. Nick, their Customer Service Rep quickly set up an appointment for me for a few days later, told me I would receive a profile of the electrician prior to his arrival within our arranged time window. The process unfolded exactly as described. Steven arrived on time with a fully loaded truck and swapped out the detectors. He was fast, efficient, professional and super friendly. I will DEFINITELY use them again for other electrical work and I highly recommend them. Great job, guys!!!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Electrical work

We had ceiling lights installed in our bedrooms as well as fans replaced in our bathrooms. They were professional and very pleasant to have in our house. Would highly recommend.

light switch installation and connecting a chandelier

Even though they were short staffed they were able to make it, completed the job quickly, with a minimum of fuss, and were even able to find a couple of things for me to look into in the future. highly recommended.

Doorbell Wiring and Installation

I did not have a wired doorbell on my house previously, so the job was to run doorbell wire, and install a smart doorbell.

Steve was great. He showed up on time, was polite, and knowledgeable. There were a few obstacles during the installation, which Steve was able to easily solve. He walked me through everything during the process.

The price he quoted was the same as the final price.

No complaints, very happy with the results!

Doug
Doug

Paid to receive a quote that was 50% higher than others

We're getting a service upgrade and EV charger installed at our house, and I've requested quotes from 6 different electricians. I spoke to Hellen over the phone and she explained that they incur a cost to send an electrician to collect info to generate the quote, so they charge a fee for quotes. I've worked in roles where we provided quotes for Engineering work and we considered it to be a cost of doing business, but I can understand her reasoning and she made their policy clear up front so that's fair. Hellen seemed to know her stuff and I saw the positive reviews, so I was willing to pay for a quote. However, I mentioned to her that I was hesitant to pay for a quote without knowing how competitive it might end up being. She assured me that their level of service and choice of components will be better than most so they won't be the absolute cheapest quote, but they're competitive.

When the electrician arrived, he thought he was quoting a job like a de-icing system or something like that. He was polite and pleasant, but wasn't overly knowledgeable about service upgrades or EV chargers. Most of the other electricians mentioned some tips, described their suggested approach, or otherwise provided more value during the quoting process than this person did - and this was the only quote that I had to pay for. Worse than that, the quote was high. I received quotes from 6 different electricians (all reputable ones on Homestars), and this one was 50% higher than the next highest quote!

diane in Toronto
diane in Toronto

Installation of bathroom fan. X2. And also reinstallation of de-icing cables

Vladimir came to install bathroom vent fan. Very professional and competent. Will return to do 2nd fan install but must first find a unit to fit size constraints. Also to return to re-install de-icing cables(weather not suitable to outside work today). Very pleasant experience with Vladamir. Returned to install 2nd fan and de-icing cables. As before very pleasant and very capable. I am very pleased with AC electric

Pot lights, power outlet

I had a hard time finding an electrician to complete the project because most of the people I found did not pick up the phone or where too busy to care for a small job. The overall experience with AC was great, the team was professional and completed the work during the same appointment. David and his crew were respectful and took the time to explain the complexities and the related costs.

More about Your Home Electricians

As, "Your Home Electricians™". We've been servicing GTA homes for over 25 years!

Enjoy peace of mind with our 309A certified electricians, upfront transparent pricing and three year warranty on all installations. We value your time and arrive when we say we will arrive, with a large, fully stocked, branded vehicle to assure most small jobs are completed in one visit.

We look forward to hearing from you, let us know how we can help!