Window Well Covers

Rating: 5 out of 5

Window Well Covers reviews (35)

  • Review from Sandra Bryson
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 21 Dec 2013

    Window Well Covers

    Before Window Well Covers there were no feasible options for window well covers other than the clear plastic dome styles. Because I had no 2 window wells the same size (I have 4 window wells in total) I had to resort to custom order product and could not buy off the shelf at local big box store or do it yourself stores. The domes for two of my larger windows would cost over $60 each. These dome style covers only lasted 3-4 years due to breakage and damage as the plastic is not thick and gets brittle with age. Not to mention that cleaning the wells of weeds, or more recently a new home for some unknown animal, is not convenient unless you unscrew the cover from the wall which you don't want to do in case you damage the cover. Most of the plastic domes I had were at least on their 3rd replacement, so over the past 15 years, the cost has certainly added up. Despite the cost, the plastic domes were an eye sore to look at. I was SO excited to come across Window Well Covers when it was became time again this year to replace all 4 window domes. The owner George did an initial assessment and followed up with a very detailed quote including pictures. He came for a final measurement and installment was right on schedule. Not only will these custom made polycarbonate covers be a cost saving over time, they look amazing!! The convenience of being able to remove the lid so easily and clean in the window well is a bonus. Plus they should keep the animals out. What a great new innovative and practical product that also adds curb appeal. I would highly recommend George and Window Well Covers!!

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so sincerely for your kind feedback. George Window Well Covers

    Reply created 12 Mar 2018
  • Review from Donna Blaine
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 21 Sep 2013

    Basement window well covers

    I went on line to Home Stars to find a more durable and esthetically pleasing type of window well cover. I was so impressed by the information I received over the phone and in person. They are amazing. The installation took no time at all I did not to have to dig out plants or move anything to accommodate them. My neighbours have now had them installed.

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so sincerely for your kind feedback. George Window Well Covers

    Reply created 12 Mar 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 20 Sep 2013

    Window well covers

    My wife and I had some water in our window wells and were concerned that we would have a leak in the future - so really this was a preventative opportunity for us and we went to the local hardware store and to be honest the off the shelf options are not visually appealing and just look cheap - well i have to say this company is fabulous - Greg & George do A+ quality work and were on time and exceeded our expectations - if you are in the market for window well covers these are your guys - don't go anywhere else

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so sincerely for your kind feedback. George Window Well Covers

    Reply created 12 Mar 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 12 Jun 2013

    Four Basement Windows

    I wanted some high quality window well covers for my 4 basement windows. These were the only ones I found in the GTA that were of the quality I was looking for. George came over to measure and provide an estimate. He came back a few days later to install. The product looks great, and George was a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend looking at this company if you would like quality window well covers.

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so sincerely for your kind feedback. George Window Well Covers

    Reply created 12 Mar 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 19 Apr 2013

    Installation of 4 window well covers

    I looked everywhere for covers that weren't an eyesore. I considered the ones from the big box stores and aside from not fitting perfectly, they didn't allow for air circulation and had to be permanently installed. After a google search I found this company and called George. He came to the house very soon after, showed me my options, took measurements and photographs and then sent me some mock-up images showing what the finished product would look like on my windows. The covers were custom built for my window wells and a few weeks later George came by and installed them himself. They look great (or as great as you can expect window well covers to look)! The product is definitely more expensive than what you'd find at the big box stores but you get what you paid for. The great thing about them is that they can be easily slid off to be cleaned, they allow for air circulation and are very durable. You could step on one and it would return to its original shape. Great product and great company. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so sincerely for your kind feedback. George Window Well Covers

    Reply created 12 Mar 2018