Our outdoor hot tub required a new motor and Ajax Pump and Motor were recommended. The repair guy was prompt in coming to replace the motor and get the hot tub working. However, a day or two after he left, the hot tub stopped heating the water. So I asked him to come back and check it out.
A few days later, he showed up and replaced the heating element and stated we should give the hot tub at least another 24 hours before the water heated. We gave the hot tub 48hrs and the water only became luke warm. After speaking with him over the phone he said the issue could be the temperature gage, which would cost a few more hundred dollars to repair, but he wasn't sure.
At this point, I felt like he was giving me a song and dance as he didn't want to fully investigate what the real issue was, instead he was guessing.
The guy was very friendly and was prompt when coming to the home to check out the hot tub, but when it came to talking about why another element broke shortly after installing the motor, or what other issues it could be (instead of fixing what he guessed could be the issue) he was uninterested. He was more concerned with obtaining payment.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Be a little more customer service oriented and investigate and analyze what could be the issue instead of guessing and fixing the wrong elements.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- If something is broke on your hot tub, call a few service centres and get a quote from different repair guys. Don't go with the first guy you find online or in the phonebook.