B W Doucette Roofing

Reviews for B W Doucette Roofing

Will
Will
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Got a hard to find roofing problem

We had several quotes ranging from $3000 to $7000 to fix a leaking roof. None of them would have actually fixed our problem. Greg (Doucette) came and actually investigated until he found out where the problem was and then fixed it at a lower cost than any of the other estimates. Absolutely first rate.

It is customers like you who have kept our business strong for fifty years.
Much appreciated.
Greg

Roof Replacement

Greg and his team have just completed the roof replacement on my house. I am delighted with the results. It looks great. The work was done in a timely and professional manner. Everything was clean and tidy after after each days work. I was communicated with regularly regarding scheduling and completing work. I have no hesitation in recommending Doucette Roofing to anybody who wants roofing work done at a reasonable price, in a timely manner plus the work was top notch.
Cheers Patrick Dunleavy

Chris Canonaco
Chris Canonaco
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Very Pleased!

B W Doucette Roofing is not just top notch professionals but are very reliable and dependable. Great communication and super friendly. My roof was efficiently done and in a short time. From beginning to end they did a great job. I appreciate you!

Thank you!

Baqar Kazmi in Mississauga
Baqar Kazmi in Mississauga

Roof completely reshingled

Doucette did our roof 16 years ago and now it was time to redo it. Greg came promptly to examine and evaluate. His suggestion was to strip it completely and reshingle. He gave us a fair estimate and showed the new state of the art shingles that will last 40 years. We accepted the offer and chose our color. After 2 weeks his team was in for the job as promised. They did a proper job of stripping and cleaning the roof. Layed the new shingles and replaced all roof vents. They covered the surrounding ground to collect debris. Work was completed in 2 days and they left the area very tidy and clean. Their work is guaranteed for 10 years. Very happy with the work done. Greg is easy to work with and is very helpful.

Bibi in Toronto
Bibi in Toronto

Roofing on a semi-detached house

I originally had my roof done by a small contractor who did a very bad job. I was referred to Greg Doucette after that and he was so knowledgeable about the whole topic that I gave him the job to replace the roof. They did a great job with my roof ! Their warranty that they give was very good and not only that their after service has been amazing. If you have any questions or need anything you basically get the same day or next day service. Greg is such a humble and friendly guy. As a single woman I always get shafted by contractors but in this case I know I was getting great service.. Do not hesitate to contact Doucette Roofing if you need to have your roof repaired or replaced. They are the best.
Greg you are a wonderful person and because of that you will always be successful.

Thank you for your confidence. We pride ourselves on our workmanship and service and are therefore thankful that it is appreciated.

Novak Aluminum
Novak Aluminum

Re roof house

Clean and efficient all shingles were hand nailed. The proper way great company to deal with. Will definitely use Doucette roofing again.

Very difficult this day and age to find a reputable roofer

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Kelly & Robert Copplestone in Richmond Hill
Kelly & Robert Copplestone in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

New Roof/Shingles

Our roof was in bad shape, way overdue to have the shingles redone. After getting 3 estimates done we found Doucette was the best price. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They did an excellent job on the roof and it looks great! They were very though in cleaning up. Even cleaned out the eavestroughs & replaced the roof vents. We are very pleased with the work that was done.

We would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to have their roof done.

It's always nice to know when a client is pleased with our work. Thank you!

Dunc from Toronto
Dunc from Toronto

Flat roof replacement, facia and soffit replacement

During a bad wind storm in November, a tree snapped and fell on my flat roof. I called a family member who is a roofer to come that night to help patch holes created so that we wouldn't have any water damage. After getting quotes from the insurance company, I was given a quote that was suspiciously too low and didn't give me a material breakdown.
I went back to the insurance company asking for a second quote at which point they sent B.W. Doucette. I felt comfortable as I was given a materials breakdown, and labour cost. I decided to go with B.W. Doucette as my insurance company recommended them and stood by them. Of course, since it was all covered by insurance, why not... it would cost insurance more money later on if there were any problems.

Doucette Roofing came on time, and finished what should have been a 3 day job in a day and a half. They replace all the flat roof but did not replace the soffit or facia due to weather timing. They are scheduled to replace the facia and soffit later in the spring but so far no leaks from the roof.

How do I know? I have interior walls removed due to the tree smashing in the roof, and structure needed to be inspected. I can see the flat roof directly and have inspected the space intermittently.

I would recommend them again as I felt confident with Doucette roofing. Not to mention that they stand behind their work for 5 year.

One other thing, during the cold month of January when the weather was a little better and there was still lots of snow in the ground, not a single piece of scrap was left behind. There were shavings of little bits of material that couldn't be removed from the snow but no nails, no metal, no crud left behind. Well done Doucette Roofing.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Take pictures of all your work as a reference and provide to home owner so as to prove no issues and also that the work was completed as expected. This will allow you to get negative reviews negated quickly.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Take pictures prior and post job. Insure that materials and labour are 50/50 approx. If you have little material and lots of labour... ask why.
mustang sally
mustang sally

roof

I hired Barry because he seemed very knowledgable, honest and experienced. And charming to boot. His crew seemed to do a good job, cleaned up well etc. All was well and good until 1½ years later when I heard animals in my roof. The wildlife people came and discovered the fascia boards (just below the roof that attach the eavestroughs) were completely rotten with huge holes in them. Aside from the animal problem this also explained the reason I had been getting damp and mold in my interior wall- water was getting in.
In my mind this would be part of the service the roofer would provide since it's the part that the roof sits on top of. In fact, the wildlife guy used to be a roofer and was surprised Doucette hadn't pointed this out.

So I called Doucette. He agreed to come and have a look, but not without a charmingly manipulative tact.
He denied that fascia boards are part a roofers job. Um. so who's job is it then - the plumber? I don't excactly go up there regularily to check how things are. I asked him why he or his crew didn't even point it out to me. He said they probably couldn't see it since they were on top of the roof. HUH? Isn't that like replacing the brakes in a car and not letting the owner know they need a new balljoint - since human eyes have peripheral vision...?

Charmer then proceeded to tell me how he got a speeding ticket because he drove so fast to get to my house. hmm...what am I supposed to do with that? Let's change the focus to his troubles instead of mine. Bad service compounded with a guilt trip.

The new roofer I hired (yes, roofers replace fascia boards) said he would've let me know there was a problem, and charged accordingly. This would've saved me the extra cost of hiring someone else to go up and do the job, plus the wildlife removal cost, plus the drywall repair cost from water getting in, and who knows if it affected my heating costs too.

I don't recommend this company.

When we replaced the roof on this home the soffit and fascia were intact.
In the 1 1/2 years since we did the roof *now 2 1/2 years as we just learned of this complaint* this homeowner suffered from raccoon/animal damage whereas raccoons removed a portion of aluminum to gain entry as so many do which is what keeps animal removal companies in business throughout the city.
When we were called regarding her problem we did address it immediately by making an appointment and going right away to check it.
Please be aware that when we go to a home to price for roofing or while working there we will address eaves, soffit, fascia if there is an issue at the time. However, we cannot forsee animal damage which exposed rotted wood fascia and to be sure we did not encounter any animals at the time of our installation as these animals can be extremely danagerous if disturbed.
I should think this wood took a very long time to rot and perhaps the people who installed the aluminum i.e. eaves etc. should have notified the homeowner of this decayed condition at "that time".
We are very happy that there does not seem to be any complaint regarding the roofing which is what we were contracted to do by this homeowner.

More about B W Doucette Roofing

Your Pickering Roofing Team for Over 45 Years Over the past 49 years, the Doucette family has enjoyed serving families and businesses in Pickering and surrounding areas. We are committed to exceptional service during every phase of the job, from the initial quote to the final clean-up. This commitment to ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Pickering?