We had our maintenance appointment for our furnace and AC on September 3, 2016. The technician who came is courteous and nice but he tagged our furnace for two violations (use of street elbow and front clearance to wall is less than 24 inches.
I have no issues with the tagging but would have appreciated if I will be given a quote for the work that needs to be done. I had to escalate to Enercare supervisor and call several times for a quote as again Enercare would like to charge me a $129 dollars for a quote. Another technician again came by to validate the violations but he is unable to give me a quote that day (Sep 9). A total waste of my time as I had to take a half day leave at work to be at home.
I was promised a quote but I did not receive one as of this writing (Sep 14). I did receive an Enercare HomeCare Report on Sep 10 telling me that my furnace is 17 years old. I told both technicians that it is was installed in 2010.
A few issues here:
1. Enercare will tag but will not give a quote/ charge for the quote - ineffiency.
2. Enercare technician is unable to do a quote during the time the tag was issued - downtime.
3. Enercare is initially charging to give a quote - poor customer service.
4. Several calls/escalation and no quote yet.
5. No report was given on the 12 point inspection - nothing at all (from first technician who did the maintenance for our furnace and AC).
6. Last but not the least. I also had my maintenance plan with Enercare in 2011 (same furnace). At that time a tag was also issued (which we addressed) but the recent two new violations was not identified at that time. I paid Enercare about $1,000 to fix that issue. Why were the two new tags not identified prior?
7. I also answered their survey week of Sep 12 and requested to be contacted - no response by phone or email as of this writing.
- Company Response
Hi there - I'm sorry to hear of this experience. If you require any further assistance please email me at email@example.com with more details. Thank you.