GreenSaver Performance Insulation Services

Reviews for GreenSaver Performance Insulation Services

Molty in North York
Molty in North York
2 reviews North York, ON

cellulose insulation of existing walls

Greensaver didn't do our blower door test. The firm that did recommended insulating the exterior wall of our brick veneer home with dense-packed cellulose, suggesting that the wall was likely not insulated.

The Greensaver estimator came to our home, drilled some exploratory 1/8" holes and probed with a stick to detect insulation. We were then given an estimate for the whole job, including spray foam insulation of the rim/band joist area in the basement.

It turns out that the walls were insulated in a haphazard manner, with some stud cavities being completely empty and others having either foamboard or batts in them- sometimes insulation above the mid-wall firestops and none below, etc. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have inspected every cavity myself prior to getting the estimate done, as this would have dropped the price substantially. Unless you're absolutely CERTAIN that the wall cavities are completely empty, probing every cavity BEFORE the estimate should be considered an essential part of this work.

Sylvain and Pete did a good job of protecting our furniture and other posessions from the dust, and cleaned up well before leaving. They clearly knew their trade very well and were able to detect problems and react to them appropriately.

They did a surprisingly good job of patching the holes they drilled in the walls. Repairing the patches took far less work than I expected- I had all the holes in finished wall areas sanded and painted to an acceptable finish in one evening.

I would probe all the wall cavities prior to getting the estimate, but I would have no hesitation to use Greensaver again.

Ixodid
Ixodid
6 reviews North York, ON

Insulate Attic & Soundproof Furnace Room

Greensaver was tasked to do two things at my home.
1) Add insulation to my attic
2) Soundproof the furnace roof

Greensaver prepared an estimate after Greg visited my home. He personally inspected the furnace room and prepared a quote for the soundproofing work ($250).

Weeks later when the workers came to do the job, they REFUSED to do the soundproofing work. I'm not 100% sure why but I think it was because this particular employee was a little large around the waist. Greg later reaffirmed that the employee should not have refused to do the work (no kidding!).

However, he refused to honour his original agreement of $250 to send different people back to do the work. He claims that there is a minimum charge of $500 to show up at a home. And because $250 < $500 he won't do the job.

Needless to say, this was:
- A job that his company SHOULD have done at the same time when they did the attic (for $2,800 I might add!)
- A job that was not done because of the actions of a Greensaver employee

Greensaver fails to see that this is a problem of their own creation and wants me to pay for the misbehavior of their prickly employees.

I do not agree.

Clearly, honouring their original commitment to me means nothing to Greensaver. All they care about is the mighty dollar. So, in keeping with this I would like to send a message to Greensaver the only way that they can understand.

Think about what kind of people would make this decision and whether you would trust them with your home. If you are persuaded to NOT CONTACT Greensaver please send an email to law9723@gmail.com with an estimate of the amount of work that you need done.

I hope to send $25,000 of business to the competition. Let's see what happens. Thanks.

Yuval in East York
Yuval in East York
2 reviews East York, ON

Eco audit and wall insulation

Green Saver performed an eco-audit of our 100-year old house. The service was great as they both identified the best improvements and the rebates available to dramatically reduce the cost. We then hired them to insulate our walls and they were good. My only concern is that the insulation made a huge mess. Part of that is the nature of the task, but I think they would have done a better job preventing and cleaning up the mess.

RMC - midtown Toronto
RMC - midtown Toronto
1 review North York, ON

Attic insulation, weatherstripping, pot-light draft-sealing

We got several quotes, and all of them had problems: some very expensive, others complained about the attic access, others not timely. Greensavers did a great - and honest - job with their assessment of how to make our house more energy efficient. Then they followed it up with great service when they actually did the job. They put dropsheets over our clothes, vacuumed any dirt, and were very concerned about doing the job right.

Would hire them again.

Ivy liberty village
Ivy liberty village

insulation in attic

Green savers helped us to insulate our attic. They took a very short time and did a great job. Before all our heat was exiting through the roof and we were freezing. Having a newborn we were concerned. Since then our heat stays in the house and we are warm.

Tim in Downtown
Tim in Downtown

Insulation and air sealing

I have a drafty and cold 2.5 storey house. Greensaver came in and opened up all the kneewalls on the third floor and properly insulated and air sealed them. They even found some new leaks (the closet was open to the ceiling) and sealed them up. Greensaver also blew insulation into the flat ceilings on the second floor and third floor. Insulation makes a lot of dust but the guys left the place spotless. They completed the job on time and on budget, and my house is now much warmer. With the government grants for insulation work and the savings in gas I think I will have paid it off by the end of the winter.

J in West End
J in West End

roof insulation

Greensaver blew cellulose insulation into my attic and flatroof. It has made a difference with our heating and cooling bills for sure. The sales person and auditor were very informed and pleasant to deal with. The two guys who did the work bickered and sniped a lot at each other but it was harmless and kind of funny. Full confidence in this company.

Jim in Markham
Jim in Markham

Attic insulation

Simon & Michael came in last Monday morning and added more cellulose fibres in the attic as recommended by our energy auditor. It only took about 3 hours to complete. I asked Michael if the attic needed additional baffles to soffit ventilators and also if it needed additional roof vents suggested by our energy auditor. He said it has adequate number of baffles and roof vents. I only ended up paying the added insulation. They clean up the area where they working on. Thank you guys.

Gigi
Gigi

Insulation

GreenSaver did a good job insulating our home. The only complaint is that it took a little longer than expected and some of the patching was sloppy. Overall though it was good.

Attic Insulation

Greensaver initially came to check out our attic as part of an energy audit. They told us we had an attic with a R-value of about 25 and that we would see some improvement in energy savings if we increased the insulation to R-50 and had some sealing work done at the same time. We had the work done and we can't believe the difference. Our 2nd floor is 2 degrees warmer than before so we can lower the temperature on our thermostat for the whole house! Greensaver's work went beyond other companies quotes who only wanted to blow in insulation - the spent a lot of time sealing all the leaks which is just as important. Also, they charged us $400 less than initially estimated! Thanks Greensaver!

More about GreenSaver Performance Insulation Services

From insulating existing attics, sloped/ flat roofs, walls, and crawlspaces to complete new custom home packages, GreenSaver offers comprehensive insulation services with industry-leading spray foam, hybrid insulation and cellulose products to meet your home’s needs. In addition, we have experienced experts who can resolve ice damming, attic moisture and condensation, and duct-work issues in your home. We are truly your one-stop-solution when it comes to your home insulation needs!

For 30 years GreenSaver has been providing residential and commercial insulation and energy efficiency services. Over the past 3 decades, we've performed well over 50,000 energy assessments for households and businesses to help conserve energy, lower their bills, and increase their comfort. As a key efficiency presence in Ontario, GreenSaver has enjoyed more than 30 years of active involvement and expertise in the energy conservation sector and building sciences.

Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always happy to assist you!

COVID-19: At Greensaver the health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 and ensuring all employees are following our COVID-19 safety protocols to keep you safe when we enter your home.