Hickory Dickory Decks

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Muktha T
Muktha T

My Gorgeous Deck

I made a decision to have a deck installed in 2019. I'm so done working with fly by night contractors and cowboy contractors who claim to be a jack of all trades and can do "anything for cheaper". I wanted a deck and I was going to work with deck experts - who do nothing but put up decks. I fortunately found Hickory Dickory Decks Mississauga Southwest and Rob. I had never added a deck onto a home and I am not living in my dream home so this process led to a lot of indecisiveness on my part - Rob patiently worked with me providing me options. I was my own project manager for this job, but Rob was fantastic in supporting me to be sure I took care of all the "things to do". I worked with a licensed interior decorator to finalize the deck and trim colours. The gorgeous colour of the deck just "pops" against the red brick of the home. I used a fantastic mason who installed a walkout and I had new sliding glass doors installed. I had electrical hookup and natural gas hookup for the barbecue (I only worked with licensed contractors). I've got a gorgeous dream deck all because I worked with decking experts at Hickory Dickory Decks Mississauga SW, but most importantly worked with Rob and Mitch. They have helped me to transform my backyard into an oasis and a home office for the spring and summer. You can see the meticulous craftsmanship in their work. I would only work with this team if I were to do another deck and I highly recommend Rob and Mitch. Thanks guys! Please come by in the summer with a coffee for me for my deck YETI!

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. You have a beautiful deck that I know you will enjoy with many of your friends and family for many years to come. I look forward to keeping in touch. Rob."

Cam
Cam
1 review Elora, ON

Conestogo Backyard Renovation

We knew our backyard needed some help, but we didn't have any ideas of what to do. When we contacted Hickory Dickory Decks, they came up with an amazing concept plan, and executed the work flawlessly. They impressed us with their professionalism and communication throughout the renovation and always did what they said they would do. It was nice to be able to have one contractor execute all of the work including the deck, the timber roof structure, the stone patio, plantings, and the concrete work. Our backyard couldn't have turned out better and we are very happy with the result.

Private User reviews , ON

Excellent Deck Rebuild

Chris and Ben did an excellent job replacing our deck. They were very knowledgeable about materials, which enabled us to make an informed decision with respect to the product we selected.

We are extremely pleased with our new deck. It looks beautiful.
Their work was meticulous. We can't say enough about the excellent quality of the job done.

We would highly recommend Chris and his team.

Thank you very much for the review. Ben and I know that you will enjoy your new deck for years to come. Enjoy life outdoors.

Chris

Brian Dow from Mississauga
Brian Dow from Mississauga

Second Project by HHD

In 2015 we had our deck replaced by HDD, they did a terrific job then under the guidance of Jeff so we decided to contact them regarding trellis and pergola work we required this year. Southwest Mississauga is now under the watchful eye of Bob R and his son. There is no doubt this was a challenging year for all contractors, we were one of the very lucky ones as we had contracted this job in Nov 2019 so were first up on the list. There we a number of delays as the kinks were worked out of the Covid lockdown requirements but communication with Bob was always open. Fred ( worked on our deck in 2015 ) Art and Adam did a masterful job, put in long days, were always friendly and cleanup was excellent. They always approached us with options/changes etc and tried as best possible to implement our requests. Thanks to all, another excellent result.

Thanks Brian,
It was a joy for all of us to come to work every day at your house. Looking forward to joining you at the Curling Club next year. Stay well and thanks again!
Bob

Jeff from Thornhill
Jeff from Thornhill

Cedar Deck & Pergola

From quote to completion, Steve and his crew were professional, flexible, and transparent. Despite lumber shortages due to the pandemic and quoting the job late in the season, Steve was available to discuss options & quote in person, coordinate a visit to a previous customer’s project, and ultimately complete a cedar deck and pergola build before winter. Communication was great throughout the project. We really appreciated that some design changes were easily accommodated as the structures took shape, and ultimately we’re very happy with the end result. I would not hesitate to recommend HDD.

Thanks Jeff for the review,

We were happy to create this project for you. I'm glad we could complete it before the winter so you could access the spa more easily.

Steve Hall

Andrei in Toronto
Andrei in Toronto

Deck replacement/expansion with composite decking

We contacted Rob about a new deck based on a recommendation from our neighbors. We could not be happier with both the process and the final result. The design phase was excellent, prior to the lockdown, we were able to have Rob walk us through their showroom, which is a large outdoor area where you can see many examples of materials, decks, etc. It was excellent in helping us get an idea of what is possible and what we liked. Rob was very diligent and fast with the design, and we were able to have Zoom meetings to go through changes and finalize. During the construction process, Rob and his crew were extremely professional, very neat, and got the job done much faster than I expected. The craftsmanship in our new deck is very noticeable, Rob and his crew are true masters of deck building, and we could not be happier. We are looking forward to seeing them again when we are ready to add a pergola or roof structure to the deck. I highly recommend these guys for any deck project!

Andrei, thank you for your honest feedback.
Mitch, James and I really appreciated the daily gourmet coffees. I look forward to dropping by in the summer to see the final transformation with the deck furnished and your family enjoying it to its fullest. I look forward to working with you on any future projects. Thank you for your business.
Cheers,
Rob Hendriks.

Rachid
Rachid
0 reviews Angus, ON

16 x 11 + 8 x 5 deck, Hickory Dickory Barrie

Excellent professional work by Arturo and his crew. We couldn't be happier with the end results. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone interested in a composite decking and not knowing where to start.

Dear Rachid,

Thank you for your nice words.

I am sure your family will enjoy years of fun in your new low maintenance deck!

Best wishes,

Arturo

brenda.nann1 in Toronto
brenda.nann1 in Toronto

Fantastic new backyard

We hadn’t done anything in our backyard since we moved in 5 years ago and finally decided to redesign it.
We are VERY happy with the work from Steve, Erik and team from Hickory Dickory Deck! We had a hard time choosing from the great colour options, but everything turned out fantastic. Love the quality of the product, services and final job. Thanks HDD.
Before and after pics below

Thanks Brenda for bringing us in to help with this project. It came out great & will complement the new spa beautifully!

Steve Hall

Ravi from Ajax
Ravi from Ajax
10 reviews Ajax, ON

14x14 Composite Deck, wow!

I had Adam and his crew come out to our home and rip out our existing 6x8 wood PT deck and replace with a full out composite 14x14 deck. Everything from decking, frame, stairs, rails, etc., are all composite . We also wrapped the 6x6 columns with PVC as well. The guys were great, started early and even worked on the weekends when needed. We opted to go with helical rather than concrete footings. Due to COVID-19 and TRCA, the job took well over 6+ months. But Adam and his team were great throughout the entire experience, communication and the work itself! Should mention the 6+ month delay had nothing to do with HDD/Adam. Will hire and would work with Adam again!

Thank You Ravi for your kind words! Working with you and your family to build a beautiful deck that will last many years for you was a pleasure for my team and I. The hurdles we overcame for the Conservation Approval and Building Permits (combined with Covid backlogs and delays) were a necessary course of action and I appreciate your patience throughout that process. Your deck turned out beautiful - truly one of our favourites for this season! My team and I wish you and your family all the best in the future and we thank you for your business!
Sincerely, Adam - Hickory Dickory Decks Durham

John Marsh in Toronto
John Marsh in Toronto

Deck rebuild

Wow. What to say. The company was recommended to us by friends and when Geoff came over to review our ideas, we were very impressed with his knowledge of the various products available for our rebuild. The quote was what we pretty much expected and the timing was great. He found ways to help us save some expenses as well. The lead on the site, Kozul (and I apologize in advance for misspelling his name) was courteous and extremely detail oriented. A great end result with no disruption to our WFH environment. I can't express how happy we are with the end result. Thanks Geoff and team.

Hi John,

Thank you for your review. You and your family were a pleasure to work for. I'm sure you will enjoy the beautiful PVC deck for a long time. Take care!

Geoff

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

With franchises in over 60 cities in Canada, we’ve designed and built over 25,000 beautiful composite decks and have worked hard to earn our reputation as the best in the deck business.

To us, every project we undertake is not just a deck – it’s a Hickory Dickory Deck. That means it’s constructed to the highest standards using the best materials. It means it’s built by professional carpenters and craftspeople who adhere to the Hickory Dickory Decks philosophy and are careful to represent our brand well, every day. That means that you – our valued customer – will receive the best deck money can buy, backed by our complete satisfaction guarantee.