Toronto ON M4G 2L1

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Marsha
Marsha

Build deck

My husband and I are very happy with the deck that Hickory Dickory Decks built for us. Geoff our salesman was very pleasant to work with and helped us make decisions on the design. Even though we changed the design many times, he never made us feel rushed and told us not to worry about how long it took to come to a decision.

The deck is extremely well constructed and we are very pleased with the workmanship. We did have some design issues during the build but Geoff resolved every issue to our complete satisfaction.

Hi Marsha,

I hope you are enjoying your 1st full year of your deck and are happy with the final design. It only took us a few years but we finally got it. Thanks for writing a review of Hickory Dickory Decks. Take care.

Carmelle in Mississauga
Carmelle in Mississauga

Deck with pergola

We have an amazing deck (with pergola) and are enjoying our 4th year with it. We had contacted 2-3 different companies for quotes and what made us choose Hickory Dickory Decks was Geoff Aucoin. He demonstrated much patience going over detail after detail; from the 1st question to the 50th, his helpfulness remained the same. The work was done with meticulous detail, and the workers were very nice to deal with. Once the project was nearly over, there was one detail that we didn’t like. There were no questions asked, no arguing – they simply re-did it to our satisfaction. We are also very grateful to the company for their “win $10,000 contest” as we were the 1st winners! We will happily show off our deck to anyone who is interested and will recommend Hickory Dickory Decks.

Hi Carmelle,

I can't believe it has been almost 3 years since your deck was installed. No doubt your still enjoying it and I will have to come back soon to look at installing the ShadeFX awning you were asking about. Thanks for the kind review. See you soon.

33case mississauga
33case mississauga

Build Deck

The project included complete removal of old deck;
pour footings for new footings;
build frame and decking.
Decking included 262 Ft Sq of 2X6 knotty cedar, and 288 Ft Sq northern composite plus cedar rail, trim and skirt.
The team helped us decide on shape,size and materials.
The installation was performed in a professional manner.
The Jeoff and tradesmen were always willing and able to intelligently answer our questions.
I highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks.

Hello Case,

Just wanted to thank-you for writing the review. I hope you and Nancy are enjoying the nice summer weather and your composite deck.

See you sometime this soon.

Flo in King
Flo in King
2 reviews King City, ON

Deck Design and Construction

Adam was professional and paid extra attention to detail. He listened to what we wanted and came up with a spectacular customized design. After initial consultation, he gave us a cost estimate, pricing with an itemized list. He took the time to email us different versions at different costs. He worked with our budget and recommended design ideas that would put our deck above the rest but also give the most bang for the buck. He came to our house a 2nd time to measure our yard with string and nails to show the exact dimensions of the deck so we could see how it would look in our yard and make adjustments if we wanted. He came to our house a 3rd time to drive us around our neighbourhood to look at 4 decks he built in our area so that we can decide between Cedar and Composite. They made sure we had all the information needed to make the decision. His team (Matthew and Devin) were exceptional craftsman and paid attention to the little details showing true pride in workmanship. Even during the building they would stop and ask us if we had any questions. Everyday they cleaned up after themselves and did not leave a mess in the yard. Adam and his team rock! I definitely recommend their services.

Hi Flo,

Thanks again for your business! I am glad you are happy with everything and have been enjoying the deck!

Tod in the Beaches
Tod in the Beaches

deck

I am very glad I chose Hickory Dickory decks. They started the job in the spring when they promised & finished on time. Very pleasant too. I would reccomend them highly.

Hey Tod,

Thanks for the review.

I went for a bike ride past your place and took a look and the deck looks great.

Sure I'll see you sometime this summer.

Cheers,

CG in Leaside
CG in Leaside
4 reviews East York, ON

Deck in backyard

From start to finish, our dealings with Geoff and Ibrahim were exceptional. Planning the design and agreeing on the final design was an enjoyable process. They listened to our questions and were patient in making the several changes to the design that we requested. Even once construction was underway we greatly appreciated that they continued to welcome our minor changes. Everything was done on time and as promised. We appreciate being kept abreast of the progress and that they exceeded our high expectations. The quality of work and attention to detail was exceptional. Every wood cut was done to perfection. Angles are perfect. The final product looks like a work of art and not simply a deck, including privacy glass surrounding the hot tub, the cedar privacy lattice, cedar rail, and benches made of composite. We are very happy with the composite used on the floor surfaces, and the contrast between composite and cedar is very nice.
Unquestionably, Ibrahim is an “artist with wood” and a master deck builder.

Hi Corey,

I just wanted to thank-you for your review and your business. You were a pleasure to work for and I know Ibrahim is very proud of your project. It has a lot of different elements and shows very well in our portfolio. I also appreciate you letting us show it from time to time. See you sometime this Summer. Take care.

Charlene in Scarborough
Charlene in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

New deck

Deck was completed on time. The work site was kept neat and clean-up was done on completion of work. Workmanship was very satisfactory and everything agreed on prior to job start was done. The design and layout of the deck has used the available space well. I recommend this firm for deck design and construction.

Hi Charlene,

Thanks for the nice review. I hope you and Mary are doing well. I know you were waiting to stain until this Spring so I'll have to drop by and take a look sometime. Have a great Spring/Summer!

Karl in Brampton
Karl in Brampton

deck

Installed new deckboards over existing deck with a synthetic material finish. The job was done in time and on time, cleaning up after was excellent. I would recommend this company to my friends and family.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It seems like you were happy with everything based on your write up but then gave a low score of 4/10..Please let us know the reason for the low score.

Hope you are enjoying the deck. Thanks again for your business!

Hickory Dickory Decks Management
www.decks.ca
1-800-263-4774

Roxanne in Toronto
Roxanne in Toronto

deck backyard

Very poor contruction! Bad material, suppose to be maintance free composite decking and last 25 years, 5years later all splitting. The contractor used screws that are raised not flushed WHAT A MESS!!!

Hello Roxanne,

I am the Mississauga territory manager for Hickory Dickory Decks (where your review was posted) and I am not familiar with your project or your issues. I'm not sure if you have already dealt directly with your contractor or the manufacturer but if you would like to contact the Hickory Dickory Decks Head Office at 1-800-263-4774 and report the issue we can investigate further.

Regards,

Jasmine from Glencarin
Jasmine from Glencarin
8 reviews North York, ON

Customer Service ANswers

I was hemming and hawing over my descion to buy from Hickory Dickory Decks, but their customer service really helped me out! They were there to answer all of my questions, and they really took the time to make sure I felt comfortable with the purchse first!

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for posting your review on Homestars. I am glad you appreciated the service and final product.

Take care!

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

With franchises in over 60 cities in Canada, we’ve designed and built over 25,000 beautiful composite decks and have worked hard to earn our reputation as the best in the deck business.

To us, every project we undertake is not just a deck – it’s a Hickory Dickory Deck. That means it’s constructed to the highest standards using the best materials. It means it’s built by professional carpenters and craftspeople who adhere to the Hickory Dickory Decks philosophy and are careful to represent our brand well, every day. That means that you – our valued customer – will receive the best deck money can buy, backed by our complete satisfaction guarantee.