Urban Barn

Damien from Halton Hills
Damien from Halton Hills
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Almost 5 Stars...

Spent $6000 @ UB Mississauga. $5000 for a dining room table and chairs. Quality stuff - really nice staff. I was told that the 3rd party delivery company was great by the salesperson and the items were in stock. It took 2 weeks to be delivered...

Got in touch with UB's customer service which paid lip service only "we promise to find a resolution" blah blah. They didn't even have the decency to send a follow up email - nice resolution!

I would recommend UB if you can bring the stuff home yourself and don't have to deal with the post-purchase customer service...

iveflipped in Cambridge
iveflipped in Cambridge
3 reviews Cambridge, ON

Stores are great products great BUT...

Products are great, the stores are great but the online ordering is awful! I ordered a bedroom set. It took forever for the order to be ready and a long time to get a time from delivery company that would work (doesn't seem like they have a lot of open options). The set when arrived did not look good or fit so I opted to return. They charge a 15% restocking fee which is insane and the process to return is a time consuming. 22 days after returning the product I still do not have my refund. It may be the last urban barn shopping for me

lexi in Aylmer
lexi in Aylmer
1 review Port Stanley, ON

Couch & Light

First of all the products are great... the downfall is the service. I will NEVER order again!! After waiting 6 weeks, never receiving a call, I finally called the warehouse to find it. After 2 days they found it, I paid a driver to pick it up, half was missing and took about a week to find the other half of my order... not to mention all items I bought were now on sale (a total of $450 in savings) and no one would match my price, even when I did not have it yet! I have debated returning everything but the process is so long and so frustrating I cannot be bothered. It is unfortunate because the products are nice, but not worth the time and hassle.

Private User reviews Saskatoon, SK

Products are beautiful store is gorgeous

I have been shopping over the last few months to decorate my cabin so over the winter months I have been purchasing items from the store I love the decor and the products my concern for the store is that their products and pricing is good quality a little higher prices but the service is more like you would expect from Walmart customer service really disappointing and would alter my shopping choices in future
Step it up people

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Disastrous Customer Service

Worst customer service!

I ordered a lamp online as a gift for Christmas. I ordered it in plenty of time to allow for delivery at this busy time of year. My only two options for delivery online were the white glove service for an extra $100 or pick up at the nearest warehouse. I opted for the warehouse as I did not need someone to come a set a lamp up in my house. I was never informed when the lamp arrived in the warehouse, I had to call because it said my item was on back order in my order history. I called and they said it had arrived and someone was going to contact me in 48 hours to schedule a pick up time. I NEVER GOT A CALL!!!!!!!! One week later I call AGAIN and they tell me the warehouse is closed the week of Christmas for inventory.

How can a company like Urban Barn close their warehouse the week of Christmas for inventory when so many people are waiting for gifts, especially when bigger items cannot be picked up at your local store.

I would never recommend Urban Barn, nor will I shop there again.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Manhattan Sofa

My husband and I recently purchased the Manhattan sofa. After much anticipation (12 weeks in total from time of purchase to delivery), I was disappointed to see that the sofa was delivered with an obvious rip on the arm of the sofa. I noticed it while the delivery men were bringing it into the house. We expected a higher level of quality and even purchased the upgraded fabric. We notified Urban Barn immediately upon delivery of the sofa about the damage (left voicemails, emails, etc.). Our phone calls were never returned so after a few days we followed up again until we were able to reach someone about the issue. We have been going back and forth with customer service regarding a solution for weeks. We would expect that this issue would be taken more seriously and attended to in a more timely manner, and we feel that a fair resolution would be for us to be supplied with a new (damage free) replacement product since the damage is completely at fault of the manufacturer.

Needless to say we still have a damaged sofa and have not been supplied with any reasonable resolution. Extremely disappointed with the level of customer service and quality of product from Urban Barn. I would expect that they would stand behind their products and warranties. Unfortunately I will not be shopping with them in the future, and would encourage people to consider other stores if you are in the market for a sofa.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Sofa

I bought a sofa and it was delivered as promised in 3 weeks, but when the delivery guys tried to install the legs, one of them couldn't be installed. Guys promised that someone will contact me the same day later and the sofa will be replaced. After a week of waiting and no one still contacted me I went back to the store. I showed a delivery paper with description of a problem and was told that it never happens, usually they are very good and etc. Then I got a call and asked to send them a picture. What picture? You cannot see the problem on a bottom of the sofa and it's inside. But I sent the picture of a bended sofa leg. After another 2 days I found out that the person who was helping me thought that the problem was with the leg, another girl in a store took care of that. Then I got a call that either they can fix the sofa or replace it. I said I don't mind it to be fixed. Again I was promised that someone will contact me in the next 2 days and it will be fixed. So now it has been almost 4 weeks since the sofa was delivered, but we still cannot sit on it.

mibirse in Vancouver
mibirse in Vancouver
1 review Ottawa, ON

The product is good, however, service terrible.

We bought a sofa, chair, bed and mattress. We agreed delivery date etc (moving into new home so very important we said!!). I decided to double check a few days before and was told oh your stuff will be at the warehouse by that day but "can't see it will make it to you by then but hey give the warehouse a call and maybe you can get them to".......really? I paid the delivery fee to the store and you've contracted the delivery carrier......to some it up they couldn't be bothered.....spoke to store manager and "customer service" (and I use the term loosely!)....same thing.

The chair was coming later which was fine but surprise surprise it got even worse with that!

We won't buy from them again. An email sent to customer service has gone unanswered so I guess they don't care if we do or not!!

Markus from Toronto
Markus from Toronto

McQueen leather sofa

After shopping at Urbarn barn for many years and purchasing most of our furniture and decor from the store I am appalled to report they do not stand by their products of poor quality and craftsmanship. After purchasing the McQueen sofa from them the leather started to peel, crack and tear away within 2 years of purchasing the sofa. We have no pets nor children and the poor quality of the product is evident. After reporting this to the Urbarn Barn at the Queen street location in Toronto we were told to submit pictures and they would review if this would be covered by the warranty which was still in effect. Within a view days they got back to us and said unfortunately this was due to normal wear and tear therefore this would not be covered. They offered us a 10% in store discount for a new sofa from them. Quite frankly this is insulting and they clearly do not stand by the products they sell. the sofa incident has left us extremely dissatisfied and we refuse to shop there again. Buyer beware, they are great to deal with until something with their product goes wrong.

More about Urban Barn

At Urban Barn, design and comfort live in perfect harmony. We have furniture and accents to bring sophistication and comfort to every room of your home. Our knowledgeable staff provide pressure-free, approachable service. If you love your home, you'll love our modern furniture store. . . it's a given.
Looking for Interior Design pros in Vancouver?