All Weather Windows Renovations

ralph
ralph
1 review Edmonton, AB

Living room window

We had All Weather Windows install a Living room window last week and again Bill and Tammy did a great job. This is the third time we've had All Weather Windows install windows in our house and these two have installed each time. They are a great crew and do exceptional work. Cleanup was great and they went beyond our expectations in keeping our house and yard clean. Anyone getting windows installed by this company should request Bill and Tammy.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Bay window replacement

Im not usually one to write reviews, but feel like I need to share our experience with All Weather Windows. We started out with high hopes as a lot of the reviews online seemed positive. After deciding on what windows we wanted for our front living/dining room it was hard to get a hold of our salesman to actually place the order and put the down payment on the windows to start getting them produced (about a week of phone tag, this should have been foreshadowing for what was to happen). After a 5 month wait (which we knew going into it that they were backed up for installs), the installers finally came to put in 5 new bay windows in our front living room. After installing the first window, the installer noticed that 3 of the 5 windows were made improperly and had a different sill depth than specified. They took the bad windows back and remade them to the proper spec (which took another week). Mistakes happen, I get it, but the follow up after was atrocious. The salesman called after a week to notify us that the windows were corrected, and to reschedule the install, but when I called back I could not get a hold of him for a month delaying our renovation even further. Multiple calls, voicemails, emails, to no avail. All the while our contractor is waiting for the windows to get installed to finish our living room reno and putting everything further behind schedule. It finally took our contractor contacting All Weather himself and speaking to a manager to get our salesman to call back and apologize for the miscommunication, and get them back out to install the windows. No additional discount was offered for all the waiting and runaround on their end, almost 7 months later we finally have our windows in. Lets just hope they hold up or they honour their warranty if issues arise in the future. The product looks ok, but overall we were not impressed and the service has soured us on the whole experience. I would definitely recommend you go elsewhere.

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. I understand that you reached out via social media and our team has forwarded your concerns to our customer service manager for response. Best, Fay

Bernie123
Bernie123

Product

Window lasted 2 years and the sash is falling apart. I cannot open the window because it falls apart. I have called and left messages by phone and email - no response

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. This is definitely not the level of customer service that we strive to provide and thank you for alerting us to this issue. We want to help correct the situation, but we will need some more information. Please email us at reviews@aww.ca with your full name, address and contact information so we can investigate further. Thank you for providing your experience with us. Best, Fay

Anna in Prince George
Anna in Prince George
1 review Edmonton, AB

AVOID All Weather Windows at all costs

Placed a $13,000 order of windows from All Weather Windows and I won't be doing that again. There is a great lack of communication from management and overall TERRIBLY POOR customer service. If you need your windows on time for a renovation or project, All Weather Windows cannot be depended upon. Maybe you have to pay $100,000++ to be treated properly??

All Weather Windows recently replaced twelve windows for me in one of the rental properties that I property manage (six windows in each of my main floor suites of this property). I wanted to take some time to provide feedback on my experience.

To start I was in contact with Renovation Sales Consultant Peter. He was knowledgeable and responded to me quickly and efficiently. I made it clear to him that I needed six of these windows urgently. I am aware he couldn't guarantee anything, but he did say he put a rush order on those windows specifically. This was very important to me because this suite had scheduled renovations to occur starting May 2, 2022. These renovations could not take place until after the windows were installed.

Peter did not put me in contact with the department who would be handling my delivery and installation. One morning while I was at work I missed a phone call. When I had a chance to check my voicemail I discovered that delivery of six windows was taking place that day. Not only that - the delivery person said he would be at the duplex in half an hour. I was given absolutely zero notice or heads up regarding this delivery. Thankfully my tenants were home and able to accommodate the delivery, but it came as a surprise to them as well which is a great inconvenience. As a landlord you need to give your tenants adequate notice for repairs and maintenance; and All Weather Windows totally disregarded this fact.

Furthermore, I made it very clear when I placed the order that I needed one side of the duplex windows urgently, and it didn't matter when I got the windows on the other side. As mentioned previously, renovations occurring on one side are halted until we get the windows installed. This surprise delivery delivered to us the one side of the duplex windows that were NOT urgent.

Of course I was thankful that some of the windows had arrived, as it was earlier than anticipated in the original timeline. That being said there are large issues with communication at All Weather Windows. You never know - your product might just randomly show up at your doorstep! Mitch, a Customer Service Professional reached out to me to apologize for this, which I appreciate. However when I inquired as to why the windows I needed urgently weren't delivered first, he had no response for me. Nor did he proceed to look into it further or communicate to me a timeline on those other windows without my inquiring further.

The other set of windows arrived on April 26 and were set to be installed on April 29. I was thrilled about this, because despite other hiccups previously, the windows were set to be done by my deadline of May 2, 2022. However, I started to suspect something was wrong when I had not received contact with the installer on the morning of April 29. I had saved his number from the prior installation on my other suite (yet another piece of information NOT provided to me by All Weather Windows) and so I gave him a call. It was then that he made me aware that he was sick and couldn't complete the job. He said he left me a voicemail the day before but when I inquired as to the number, it was not the correct phone number. He said he simply used the phone number provided to him on the sales invoice. Here was ANOTHER mistake by Peter of the Sales team.

The installer did go to the duplex and talk to my tenants about the change in schedule. He had arranged with them that he would come a day later on April 30 to do the installation. While I appreciated that the installer did find a solution, he had no business talking to my tenants regarding a sale that was between me and All Weather Windows. I am the landlord who makes my tenants aware of changes in maintenance schedule, not All Weather Windows. Contacting them directly is not only a breach of their privacy, it is a huge inconvenience for them. Dealing with disgruntled tenants due to the incompetence of All Weather Windows was not how I expected this process to go.

In my opinion there were many other ways to remedy this issue so that I didn't have to deal with it on the day of installation. The installer could have reached out to both Mitch (Customer Service) and Peter (Sales) to find my correct contact information and ensure I was made aware of this change. We had been emailing back and forth quite a bit and I could've been easily reached that way.

After this contact with the installer, I reached out to Mitch to update my contact information and make sure that everyone had the right phone number so that no further errors occur. I explained the situation and delay in installation, and he had no knowledge of the change. This left me wondering - is there absolutely NO contact between various departments of All Weather Windows at all? Mitch did apologize for the delay and mix up of information, but the conversation still left me very frustrated.

To further this frustration, six hours after my conversation with Mitch, I received a voicemail - this time from Dianne, Customer Service Supervisor. She informed me that due to his sick call, the installer will not be coming on April 30. I tried to call her back but no response. She said in her voicemail that "she doesn't have the scheduling in front of her" so she can't give me another installation time. Seriously? You guys mess up this bad and can't even bother to accommodate me with another installation date? She assured me that she would "make sure that Mitch calls me back on Monday to reschedule".

All day Monday there was no call back from Mitch or Dianne. I had to follow up with him on Tuesday and he didn't have a finalized installation date for me until Wednesday (May 4). The windows are finally installed today. This is not due to a material issue - which Peter assured me was the only thing delaying installation - the windows have been sitting outside on my property since April 26. This, in turn, caused another problem - the windows were not covered from the elements and it resulted in them becoming extremely dusty and dirty. The installers did not bother to clean them before installation, instead just did a quick clean once they were installed (only after I insisted upon it). Had no one been there to check the windows, who knows if they even would've been cleaned?

While I realize that timelines are not guaranteed for window installation - this whole process would've been made easier had each department of this company kept in better communication. Both with each other and with their customers. I'm really hoping this can be rectified in the future but based on my experience I highly doubt it.

This entire process has been an absolute gong show and the customer service was severely limited to entirely non-existent. I definitely expected to be treated better after placing a $13,000 order. There was no effort to correct the mistakes made with any level of urgency. It has resulted in the renovations on my property being delayed two weeks.

I own a property management company and was hoping to be able to use All Weather Windows for a few of my other properties if all went well on this duplex. Unfortunately as you can see this is far from the case. I am sad to say that I will not hesitate to share my experience with the rest of my team and various contacts in the area. DO NOT USE ALL WEATHER WINDOWS. BOTTOM LINE.

Dear Anna, thank you for your feedback. We understand that you have been in contact with our team about this matter and we will forward to our Regional Manager as well. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out. Best, Fay

Kathie in Vancouver
Kathie in Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Exterior doors

AWW replaced our windows years ago and we were very happy at that time so we called on them to do our exterior bungalow doors. From the sales estimate and right through Mitch and then Russ the installer we were very satisfied with the results, timeliness, and professionalism.

Dear Kathie, this is great to hear! We will relay this back to our team internally. Thank you for taking the time to let us know; we appreciate your feedback so much. Best, Fay

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Window Installation

AWW installed 11 windows in total. From first visit, with salesman Graham to final installation, all people associated with our install were professional, courteous respectful of our property and of Covid protocols. Installation dates given us were very timely and the windows and crew showed up exactly as specified. The crew did an exceptional job installing the windows and finishing the interior casings. Our space was respected and left clean. One small widow was incorrectly measured but a reorder was placed immediately by Kurt and arrived in a timely manner on the date given. A different crew came in to finish up our project and their workmanship and professionalism equaled the first crew. Me concern was paying the account in full for an incomplete job. AWW offered a holdback without our even asking. In construction there is often unplanned issues and they can either be a deal-breaker or affirm professionalism in how they are handled. All emails were answered the same day we inquired of any questions or concerns. We fully recommend AWW based on our positive experience.
Jim

Dear Jim, this is great to hear! We will relay this back to our team internally. Thank you for taking the time to let us know; we appreciate your feedback so much. Best, Fay

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

New window installation

I have had All Weather Windows install many new windows in my home including a replacement for hail damage. I would recommend them to anyone who is wanting windows installed as they always do the work professionally and accommodation to any special needs. Thank you to all who helped me replace & install my window including Graham, Kurt and Alexey. I am very happy with my new window.

This is great to hear! We will relay this back to our team internally. Thank you for taking the time to let us know; we appreciate your feedback so much. Best, Fay

Mark in Calgary
Mark in Calgary

Back door replacement

We replaced our back door with a door assembly which included internal blinds from All Weather Windows Ltd. From sales, scheduling/coordinaton to the excellent installation, we are very pleased with the experience. Highly recommend using AWD.

Dear Mark, this is great to hear! We will relay this back to our team internally. Thank you for taking the time to let us know; we appreciate your feedback so much. Best, Fay

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Ensuite window replacement

All Weather replaced 2 -4 x 4 windows on my 2nd floor and did an amazing job, their workmanship was excellent, I highly recommend All Weather windows, the 2 windows were in a difficult location on 2nd story and I was amazed how well the job was done.

Thank you so much! We’re so glad you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to let us know. We hope to do business with you again in the future! Best, Fay

Vadym
Vadym
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Bad company

We agreed at 6.30 pm that a person would come and measure 9 windows for us. They did not wait for it. As soon as we got through to him, he said that he had already come to us earlier than the appointed time. Didn't even call us. I think that this is how they work without respect for the client.

Dear Vadym, we are sorry to hear about your experience. In speaking with Ryan this was a misunderstanding as he had the appointment booked for 6 p.m. and did wait quite awhile while trying to reach you over the phone before leaving. Ryan did apologize and offer to reschedule. We sincerely regret the misunderstanding. Best, Fay

More about All Weather Windows Renovations

All Weather Windows Renovations specializes in the manufacture and installation of windows and entry doors. We offer highly energy-efficient windows and doors that:
• save you money by reducing your energy costs up to 12%.
• help keep your home comfortable all year-round.
• reduce outside noise, and, depending on the amount of humidity in your home, will have a lot less condensation in cold weather.
• make a real difference in protecting the environment.

All Weather Windows’ InstallationMasters™ certified installers ensure professional installation:
• Five-year installation warranty.
• Comprehensive product warranty.
• Licensed, bonded, insured, WCB-Certified.
• Convenient year-round installation, even in winter!
• Knowledgeable staff ensures the job is done right.

ENERGY STAR® awards include: 2018 Sustained Excellence; 2015, 2013, 2011 & 2010 Window & Door Manufacturer of the Year; 2012 Participant of the Year.

Recognized as one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada 9 years and running.