M3 Design Group - Factory Direct Shutters, Blind, Shades

Sally from Pickering
Sally from Pickering
9 reviews Pickering, ON

Repair of Broken Louver Pin

Mike installed new shutters in our kitchen (French doors and 3 windows) a little over 5 years ago. They look great and have held up very well despite the constant direct sun exposure (our kitchen faces due south). Recently, we noticed that one side of one of the slats on our door was sagging and found that the louver pin holding it in place had broken. We called Mike and true to his word, he came and replaced the broken pin. Everything looks great again. Thanks Mike!

Its your house but ,, it becomes our showroom !!
Its very important that we at M3 Design Group take the time to make sure our shutters look great for as long as our customers own the home ..
we need to empress everyone that sees our work ..
Thk u for a wonderful review !!

Carlos in Airdrie
Carlos in Airdrie
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Good Shutters, Bad Experience

Just wanted to take a moment and provide my review of this company, and my experience of working with Mike, the owner, in the hopes of helping other consumers make an informed decision and continue to gain value from using HomeStars in their decision-making process.

Working with Mike was, unfortunately for us, a negative experience. To my Mike's credit, he was punctual and the shutters he sold us were good enough (only time will tell if they are as good as Mike says). However, I found Mike to be a bit unprofessional as he showed up unprepared having forgotten his paperwork (for which shutters went where), requesting to use my drill (as his drills were low on battery), and even getting the measurements wrong for our kitchen window, not once, but twice. It took Mike three tries and three visits to get it right, which resulted in a lot of stress, wasted time, and inconvenience to us as consumers.

It is because of this negative experience that I cannot recommend Mike. I can only learn from this experience and caution fellow HomeStars users as they consider who to work with. HomeStars has been an excellent resource for us as we have successfully hired three contractors to work in our home since moving in three months ago. Mike would have been the fourth. Unfortunately for us, he wasn't.

Id like to respond to this review ,,, unfortunately mistakes happen plain and simple ..
i try to do my best to satisfy and impress every customer every time..
with this particular customer, a Measurement was misread when the lumber was being cut although i took the measurements correctly.
Upon installation i noticed that the shutter in the kitchen was incorrectly made so i took the shutter back , remade a new one and was back at the customers house 3 or 4 days later. Usually it takes 2 weeks to make new shutters .
Once back at the customers house to finish the job , again the measurements were wrong .. no explanation it just happened i guess because i rushed the remake .
I left the shutters there and went back to the shop and recut the wood myself to remake the shutter for a third time
A few days later i went back and the shutter fit perfectly as did the rest of the shutters in the house . I did not refuse to remake them and it didn't take me weeks or months to go back ,, it took me a few days ! The customer seemed to be happy with the end result but was very upset because of the two extra trips i made ..
he insisted in keeping the shutters that were measured incorrectly where i wanted to take them back to reuse at least as samples but the customer insisted in keeping them .
i didn't want to argue with him as i felt guilty for the extra trips . He had other windows upstairs which I assume he used the shutters there .. lol he got a free set of shutters worth $400 no problem,, lol , he didnt even thank me .
Although mistakes happen and we all know that no ones perfect ,,, the important thing is that when a mistake is made it is rectified asap !!
I must admit ,, i have made similar mistakes in measuring or the workers at the plant may misread a measurement but every time this has happened it was always rectified immediately leaving all customers extremely happy with our efforts except for this particular customer..
i am shocked that I received this review .. as the customer did admit that that quality of shutters was really good !
Not to mention i left him with a set of shutters free of charge ..
when ever a mistake is made i will always ask my customer for a chance to make things right !! We always make things right and in a timely manner .This is what I've accomplished in this situation.

Thank u to those who have taken the time to read my response.

(416)230-1336

mqa
mqa
1 review Breslau, ON

M3 Design

A picture is worth a thousand words. Amazing craftsmanship and finishing. Highly recommended for your home windows!!

Thank you so much for your business !! It was a pleasure doing the work for you !

If you should have any need for servicing pls call us !

Customer satisfaction is key to our success even years later

Linda
Linda
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

M3 wood shutters

Mike made us beautiful painted, solid wood shutters of excellent quality. He was professional and answered any questions we had in a timely manner. He also met our delivery deadline which was much appreciated. We highly recommend Mike!

I really appreciate your kind words !! It's because of customers like yourself that motivate us to try so hard . We take pleasure in providing all our customers the best products and the best service always at the best priced !!

Enjoy your nee shutters for many years to come !!

JadeShaps
JadeShaps

Absolutely love our new shutters!

Review

We absolutely love our new shutters. When we moved into our new home we loved the shutters in the main entrance. The blinds in the kitchen and den; however, were dated. We contacted the previous owners to ask who they used for the shutters in the main entrance and they recommended Mike and his company M3. Mike came by and we went through all of the options and settled on completing the main floor. After a few weeks of building in the shop, Mike came by with our new shutters and had everything setup in a day. It looks absolutely stunning and it really brightened up and modernized our home.

Thanks Mike and M3 for the excellent work! Would definitely recommend M3 to anyone interested in hand crafted, wood, California shutters.

Thank u so much jade and Daniel !!
We at M3 Design Group work very hard to impress all our customers ! It was a true pleasure working with you and Daniel .. Sherlock too lol
I appreciate your amazing review and your hospitality !!
Enjoy your m3 shutter for many years to come !!

Surinder
Surinder
0 reviews Milton, ON

New house window coverage

The California shutters were installed in our new home in 2001 and to this date there has been no defects. We are now considering Mike's service once again for our children's home.

Thank you Surinder !!
I can't believe 20 years have gone by so quickly !!
I'm so happy that you held on to my contact info ..
20 years is a long time and it's amazing to hear how great the shutters have maintained themselves ! This is the reason why we at M3 Design Group work so hard in providing a high quality wood shutter at a reasonable price !
I will do my best to accommodate your son !

Jaime
Jaime
3 reviews Whitby, ON

California shutters

Mike and his team installed the California shutters in our bedrooms - the quality is great and they look amazing. Mikes communication was top knotch and he was quick to have the shutters made and installed. We will recommend M3 to everyone!

Hi Jaimie ,, thank you for taking the time in posting this wonderful review ! It may be your home but now it's M3 Design Group 's newest showroom !
We want to empress everyone that walks into your home with our M3 Custom Wood Shutters !
If you should need any servicing pls call me at (416)230-1236

P.J
P.J

Installation of Plantation Blinds

The workmanship was great, and we got exactly what we wanted. It provided a very elegant look to the rooms

Thank you !

I appreciate the review and your kindness !
Enjoy your shutters. ..

Carmen M.
Carmen M.
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Shutters for new Bow Window

The shutters were made to order giving us exactly what we wanted for the best price we could find anywhere. The shutters perfectly finished off the work we had done to the outside of our house and modernized our livingroom at the same time.

Thk you Carmen for taking the time to post this review !
I appreciate the opportunity to do this job for you .if you should need anything further pls call me .

mitch.mercer
mitch.mercer
0 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

California Shutters

We could not be happier with the California Shutters. Mike is very profession and trustworthy. The kind of guy you can let into your house when you are not there. Thank you so much for your excellent work.

Thank you Mitch !! You are very kind !
It was my pleasure installing the shutters for you ,, they look great .. call me if you were to need any servicing down the road .
It is your house but it is now my show room too ...

More about M3 Design Group - Factory Direct Shutters, Blind, Shades

M3 Design has been manufacturing premium quality window treatments and wood shutters for consumers & interior designers for more than 30 years.
Our knowledgeable design experts can service you in a quick and efficient manner.
M3 Design combines the integrity of old-world craftsmanship and the precision of modern technology to create shutters that add beauty and increase the value of your home, all while saving you a pile of money.

All shutters are not created equal - that is why each of our shutters start with the finest hand-selected hardwoods and are manufactured to exacting standards following a time-honored traditional design.
M3 Design provides:

1) Detailed workmanship unsurpassed in the industry
2) Distinctive design and beveling
3) Unmatched quality and durability
4) Highly competitive pricing

Choosing the right solution for your home, office or cottage can be overwhelming.
That is why we invite you to call us at (416) 230-1236, or contact us by email at info@m3designgroup.ca to learn more about our products, or to arrange an in-home consultation with one of window treatment experts.

We've been serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), surrounding areas and cottage country for 3 decades and look forward to hearing from you!

Try Our Motorized Blinds: