The Gardener

Reviews for The Gardener

ambrito7
ambrito7

Lawn Maintenance

Please do not hire the gardener. We purchased the fertilizer program back in early March. They have only been at our property ONCE in early May. It is now almost July and getting billed every month. The franchise owner does not return calls / communicates anything especially when we have been calling many times to find out when the next visit would be. Just before canceling, we gave him the opportunity to rectify the situation ( 1 week) and he still did not bother to show or call. Talk about customer service! Be ware especially the Vaughan area

Gary
Gary

Service Rarely Gets Done...

We are seniors that can no longer manage the snow clearing of our driveway. Scarborough-South HireTheGardner was contracted to perform this service. On two occasions they either did not plow, or were so late that my neighbour cleared the snow for us. I would not recommend their service.

Saeid H. in Ottawa
Saeid H. in Ottawa
0 reviews Waterloo, ON

Very Bad Snow Removal and Lawn Mowing Services

The Gardner seems to not have sufficient staff to handle their contracts. Their contract states that from November 1, they will clear any snow accumulation more than 3 cm. For the large snow fall of the season on Christmas eve of 2020, they did not show up at all. They sent an email the next day saying that they will clear the snow on the 25th. We had to clear the massive snow on the driveway and sidewalk. They came late on the 25th and only cleared the driveway. By the morning of the 26th, there was a large accumulation that we had to clear by ourselves. They sent another email saying that they will only show up on the evening of the 26th.
We have not paid The Gardner to show up when they feel like it but to clear any snow more than 3 cm. We left them a voice message and sent them many emails but without response.

We had similar issues with their lawn mowing service.

We do not recommend The Gardner to anyone.

erinsti
erinsti
0 reviews Waterloo, ON

Awful snow removal service

We paid for snow removal services and the state they left my driveway in was absolutely absurd. They never responded to us to fix the problem. Yes this picture was taken AFTER snow removal, and that huge pile of snow is my sidewalk and driveway. I am cancelling the rest of the season and fully expect a refund for this "work".

Fire The Gardener

Unfortunately, had to "fire the gardener".
Customer service horrible
Crew horrible
My lawn right lawn- trashed
I honesty think they could screw up a 2 car funeral
Several calls to customer service, no follow ever, asked to talk with a supervisor, not available, spoke with the crew, very rude and threatening

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Poor Lawn Care for too much money

I never got the green lawn they promise. Half the time I had to call them to remind them to fertilize. When I sent an email to the manager Cathy complaining about this she didn’t even care to reply. They are overpriced and useless. Do not waste your money. Use a company that cares about customer service. Cathy is a very poor manager. Very disappointed with this company.

Snow removal

We hired them for snow removal in 2017. Every time there is a snowfall they either don’t show up or if they do the job is horrendous. Half cleared or snow run over to compact it. Never hire this company.

Wish I had have read the reviews

This services started out okay in terms of the lawn service (they never performed a requested trimming and didn't respond to multiple emails). They have since refused to perform some services without even discussing it with me - the message was given to a my young teenager who answered the door. Very disappointed in this company and their lack of communication.

Ribstibb from Pickering
Ribstibb from Pickering

Snow removal - Pickering

The first snowfall of this season I had to shovel myself, the second time it was not shoveled until 7pm.
The week of Jan 21 I was away but believe it was not shoveled until the following day. On Jan 27 I sent 4 emails and called 4 times. I received no response to my calls or emails. At 8pm I once again did it myself. Sent another email the next day - no response
jan 29 I called at 8:30,11:45,1:00&1:45 before receiving a response. The driveway was cleared at 3pm. It was approx 4 ft narrower and the curve (allows me to turn out of the garage) in the driveway was not done. Over the next few days I sent 4 emails and called at least 4 times. It was 3 days before the issues were fixed
Feb 13 it was plowed once again with the same issues. I called several times and it was fixed 2 days later
Feb 18 no one came and I once again did it myself.
In one month I have sent approx 10 emails and called a dozen times. I’ve received only 2 replies. No apologies or offer of a refund

Jdb091963 in North York
Jdb091963 in North York

Lawn Maintenance

Unreliable in delivering the service they promise. Have missed cutting my lawn twice in the last three weeks, and haven't shown up once this year on the day of the week I am to get service. Was pleased in previous years, but terrible service this year.

Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in York Mills?