Parker Restorations Ltd

Parker Restorations Ltd

Reviews for Parker Restorations Ltd

Peter
Peter

Parging and Tuckpointing walls around front steps, as well as asphalt repair and patching.

I did what I would consider an extensive search and research for my projects. I took quotes from 5 companies. Though my research I found all had very good recommendations, though I found that Parker Restorations stood out with their 'human' factor. Parker Restorations is a smaller family run company that were open and honest with their work and did not try to up sell me. They did advise me of work that may have to occur in the future, but did not try to sell me into more than I was able to afford. I will say that their price was a little higher than other companies, but I believe in 'you get what you pay for' and I got what I consider excellent work and excellent customer service. Which are two very hard things to find these days with the scams that contractors and builders have been known to pull.
Parker Restorations was very prompt with their quote and always on time with their promises.
I would also like to mention that when I got home to look at the work, I noticed that Parker Restoration's clean up was so good, it didn't even look like they were at my property. Their completed work, makes the project area look new and solid.
I highly recommend Parker Restorations and hope that you will at least take the time to hear what they have to say.

Thank you so much Peter for such a kind review. Shelley and I take great pride in our work. I have been in the masonry business since I was a preteen, working with my father who instilled in me the importance of doing a job that not only looks aesthetically pleasing but which will last for many years.

Brian Parker

Megan in Toronto
Megan in Toronto
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Foundation parging and cracked mortar

We contacted Parker Restorations to fix cracks in our mortar, clean up a messy job that a previous owner had done, and to fix base of the foundation around the house that was cracking and crumbling. It was a tough summer weather wise and this type of work can't be done in the rain, but when Brian and Shelley came to our home our minds were at ease. They were both so friendly and professional and not to mention thorough with the job. It took about 3 days for them to complete everything. They were very patient and knowledgeable with questions, and Brian always answered my text messages promptly. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for this type of work to be done.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working for you both.

Brian and Shelley

Grace
Grace

Repointing bricks on heritage home.

Brian and Shelly are artist! They are knowledgeable and passionate about their work. They are meticulous and go the extra-mile to make the finish product beautiful. I would recommend them without hestitation or reservation.

Thank you so much Grace for the great review.

Brian & Shelley

CW
CW

Front-porch renovation

Brian and Shelley removed the railings, awning, chipped tiles, and parging from the front porch (which turned out to be in a state very much worse than expected under the parging!). They laid lavender-toned bana stone in a wonderful design on the top of the porch, used the coloured mortar to design a stone-like edge around the sides of the porch at the top, and then re-parged the rest in a lovely grey. The steps now have what appear to be indestructible bana stone treads, with a brick facing on the back of the steps - they even managed to find slightly different shades of brick, which matches the brick of the house beautifully. I was initially slightly worried about getting the work done, because another company had told me my door sill was too low to accommodate a stone-topped porch, but Brian and Shelley not only ground down the top of the porch so that the stone was a perfect fit, they also used the stone - in pattern, yet - to replace the old, damaged wood sill. It looks beautiful and I'm delighted. Brian and Shelley were diligent and worked long hours (even occasionally in the rain!) to get the job done in as timely a fashion as our June weather would allow. They were responsive - very patient with my questions and returned e-mails and calls quickly - and included me in all decisions about design and colour. Best of all, they were also friendly and pleasant to work with. I would definitely recommend Parker Restoration to friends and family without hesitation.

Shelley and I were happy to work for you on this project and look forward to any future projects.

katieb1
katieb1

Parging of foundation, brick replacement, tuckpointing

We had some brick and foundation issues on our 90 year old house. Due to missing eavestroughs, many bricks and the foundation on the northeast corner of the house were crumbling. Parker Restorations replaced about 20 bricks. They took the time to match the historic bricks and parged all four walls of our foundation. The also fixed some step cracks and repointed numerous places. They were professional, thorough and did a fantastic job. We couldn't be happier with the work they did.

Thank you so much Katie. It was a pleasure working for you.

Tammy
Tammy

Outside front steps

Brian was able to remove flag stone that was and had fallen off the step and re- cemented the steps and sides of the porch. Brian also without asking or charging extra repaired two cracks in our walk way. Brian was very efficient and also made sure the area was clean once done.

Thank you Tammy. It was a pleasure working for you.

Peter L.
Peter L.

Power washing brick and brick pointing of entire first floor and a 4 flue chimney; strip paint from porch floor and re-paint; repair/replace cedar shakes and stain entire 2nd floor exterior of a 100 year-old house.

Brian & Shelly Parker of Parker Restoration Ltd. are extremely hard workers. They are honest, work long hours and take great pride in the quality of their work. Their price estimates are accurate. They start when promised and finish on time. The take great care to protect the work site to minimize collateral impact and clean-up completely when finished. The quality of their work is beyond excellent and their skills are first-class. They are personable, professional and absolutely trustworthy. I would not hesitate to use their services whenever needed. A truly first-class operation.

Thank you so much for such a great review. Shelley and I are looking forward to any future work that you may need.

jbrioux
jbrioux

Tuckpointing and Repair of Pillars

From my initial contact with Parker Restorations, Brian was responsive to all my questions and concerns, and emails were always answered the same day. The work was completed both efficiently and expertly, the clean-up was outstanding, and the final bill was exactly the same as the estimate. As an unexpected bonus, Brian was even kind enough to fix my leaking outside water faucet free of charge. I would definitely hire Parker Restorations again.

Thank you Judy. If you have any further work that needs doing please don't hesitate to contact us.

Joel
Joel

restoration of stones on front porch + tuck pointing of bricks outside my home

I cannot say enough good things about Parker Restorations! Very professional and diligent! They went over and above what was asked of them. Brian & Shelley: Thanks again for a wonderful job! It was a real pleasure!

Thanks so much Joel. Shelley and I are looking forward to working for you again in the future.

david.bidner
david.bidner

Porch repair, stucco repair and tuck point

Brian is very meticulous about his work and it shows. His work is to notch. He was true to his quote and arrived to do the job exactly when he said he would and also completed the job witin the estimated time. I was really happy to find someone who could repair the various things I needed done.

Thank you David for the great review!

More about Parker Restorations Ltd

My name is Brian Parker and I am the owner of Parker Restorations. I have been running my own business in Toronto since 1989. I started working with masonry at a very young age with my father - pouring footings and foundations, brickwork, etc. My wife and I have been working together on the job for over 10 years. She's an amazing masonry technician who really pays attention to detail as do I.
I provide mortar color and brick matching services. I am also very skilled in stonework and enjoy building and restoring stone and brick structures such as porches, walkways and pillars, etc. My parging work is excellent as well.
Our services include: Tuckpointing, Masonry & Bricklaying, Pointing of brickwork, Brick replacement, Porch - Repair/Rebuild, Parging, Stone Work - Walkways, Walls etc, Foundation Repair, Concrete Sidewalks.

I look forward to working with you!

regards,