Mold Insight Inc.

Formerly Sean Moss Home and Mold Inspections
Mold Detection & Removal
403-5900 Dover Crescent Richmond BC V7C 5R4

Best of 2019 winner 7 timesBest of 2019winner 7 times

Reviews for Mold Insight Inc.

JuliainBurnaby in Vancouver
JuliainBurnaby in Vancouver
3 reviews Burnaby, BC

Mold Inspection

I found mold in the cold room underneath our concrete stairs. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed with this discovery, I found Sean and his company, Mold Insight, on Homestars. From our initial telephone conversation to the actual mold inspection process, Sean was very knowledgeable, professional, and thorough. He allowed me to shadow him around the house as he conducted his inspections and provided me with valuable feedback. I would highly recommend Sean if you are experiencing any mold issues in your home.

Hi Julia, thank you for taking the time to post your review, I really appreciate it. I enjoy when my clients come with me during the inspection, as they can leaned and the final report is much easier to to go through. Glad I was a good help to you and your family. Take care, Sean

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Mold Man

I never write reviews but this man deserves a medal for his integrity, knowledge and professionalism

Sean told me everything I need to know and more about mold! I highly recommend this guy, he’s worth every penny and some.

Thank you so much for your kind words. They are much appreciated. I always give my clients the straight goods and answer as much as I can. I am happy I was able to help you out. I wish you all the very best! Sean

Fio in
Fio in
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Mold inspection for 600 sq feet house

Sean was responsive and helpful. He explained things to us patiently. He was nice and is honest and gets back to you. He also delivered mold report promptly. He also took time to talk to me on phone to explain things when I had questions. He wore a mask too which is important to us during covid pandemic. I would highly recommend him. He has integrity too by sending samples to a separate lab so the results are unbiased. The report has photos and he also gave us good insights on how to deal with mold in our shower and other issues in our space. He goes above and beyond!

Emilie
Emilie
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Water damage/ restoration project

I called Mold Insight in for an inspection of a residential unit to help us deal with a slow leak that was discovered. Sean arrived at the property on time, was professional, and truly a pleasure to work with.

He was able to pin-point the issues and exactly what needed to be done to rectify the situation. I highly recommend Mold Insight and will definitely call them in the future for any other water or mold related issues.

I'm happy to say that our water damage issues are now resolved.

Hi Emilie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments here on HomeStars, I really appreciate it. I am happy to see that you were able to have the issues resolved. Feel free to reach out to me anytime and I will do all I can to help. Take care and be safe. Sean

Dan in Toronto
Dan in Toronto
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE, AND GREAT EXPERTISE

I hired Sean to do a mold inspection on a 3700 SF, 60 year old rental house I own as I was concerned about water ingress and mold. I really appreciated Sean's knowledge , expertise, and professionalism. He pointed out areas of possible mold and water ingress, and helped me identify the likely causes as well as recommendations. I felt he was sincere and honest. He even had to deal with my tenant's aggressive dogs in a calm and patient manner. I will be using Sean again on my own home as well after having this experience with him, and would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a mold inspection.

Hello Dan. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience. There are unexpected challenges that come up from time to time (dogs), however, everything turned out well. I feel good in knowing that my work was helpful to you and look forward to working with you in the future. I wish you and your family all the very best. Sean

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Mold Inspection - Home

Sean is a professional and I highly recommend him.

My husband has a strong immune response to mold (CIRS) so we asked Sean to provides us with a detailed analysis of our newly purchased older home and identify any current or future problems. We had previously done a detailed mold analysis through a lab in the US and knew that there weren't any major issues but required Sean to use his detective skills to help us bring the home from 'good' to 'excellent,' from an air quality perspective.

Sean provided us with a very detailed overview of our home including dozens of pictures, moisture and humidity readings as well tangible fixes and areas to investigate further. We are very pleased an got exactly what we needed.

He is extremely up to date on the latest research and products; he is a professional; and genuinely cares about his work. We have followed up with Sean a few times since the inspection and he has been more than willing to provide his insights.

Chi-Yung in Toronto
Chi-Yung in Toronto
0 reviews Richmond, BC

Knowledgeable, trustworthy, quality advice means cost savings

I highly recommend Sean at Mold Insight for the following reasons:
- integrity (honest advice to help client minimize cost to resolve the issue)
- Very knowledgeable
- detailed-oriented (look for root cause of issue)

We have leaks from shower that dripped to downstairs. We were worried about mold growth and no one would want to comprise health.

I have heard bad reputation with restoration industry. Was worried that I would get unnecessary service from a restoration company. It was great to find someone with integrity. Hence I looked for an independent expert to provide me with unbiased report.

Sean gave very good advice even before the appointment. After several discussions to understand the issue, Sean came and took air samples and have air quality tested by a lab. I received a detailed report that shows the spore count in inside air versus outside air. Result shows no sign of mold growth. I saved lots of money since I would not need to tear things apart to assess mold growth.

Thank you Chi-Yung for taking the time to post your thoughts, I really appreciate it. Mold investigations are tricky. I am happy I was able to help you out. Let me know if and when you have any questions. Take care, Sean.

Mika Wong  in Burnaby
Mika Wong in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Mold Inspection in Older Home

We booked Sean for a mold inspection on an older house and he has been the best investment in our house purchasing process! Sean is a great communicator and a pleasure to work with. He pointed out areas where there was mold and provided information on how to remediate and how to save money. His detailed report was well organized and easy to read. As stressful as home purchasing can be, it was a relief to have Sean by our side providing expert knowledge and making sure our home is safe for our little family. Thank you Sean for providing such excellent service throughout the whole process.

Hi Mika, it was a pleasure working with you and your husband as well. I love the work I do & am happy that I was able to help you out... provide you some ideas on how to choose a remediation contractor, at a fair price, maintenance tips, etc. There are always a lot of options, and it is sometimes difficult to find the right type of company for your needs. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. Let me know if you need anything in the future, I'd be happy to help. Take care, Sean

JWU in Richmond
JWU in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Mold in attic

Upon purchasing our home, we had discovered mold in the attic area. Sean was quick to respond and gave us a detailed inspection. With Sean's help, we were able to establish a plan to fix the mold issue, and ensure everything was okay before moving in. Sean was honest and reliable, and provided expert advice for us to make informed decisions. Moving forward, we will highly recommend Sean for his service and will hire him again for future inspections.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was my pleasure working with you and if you need my help on the future, just let me know. Take care, Sean

Joan in Langley
Joan in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Air quality and mold

Sean did a mold inspection of a crawl space in one of our units and air quality testing throughout the home. He gave us an extremely detailed report of the air quality and the mold in the crawlspace with numerous photos. I would highly recommend him.

Thank you Joan for your kind words, I appreciate it! Let me know if you need my help moving forward and I will do my best to help you out. Take care, Sean

More about Mold Insight Inc.

As a former home inspection company, we have gained considerable insight on how homes and buildings are constructed and the vulnerabilities they possess when it comes to moisture ingress and mold.

Although we have been busy helping our clients with mold and home inspections since 2011, we have focused our business to provide the following:

- Mold Inspections ~ Checking the property for mold/related issues and pin-pointing the mold source(s)
- Mold Testing ~ Testing the air quality for mold/taking physical swab and or bulk samples to a Microbial lab for analysis and a report
- Consulting ~ Asking key questions and advising people on how to understand mold and the best ways remove to and or prevent mold.