Southlight Design Build Inc.

Design/Build
Toronto ON M3J 2P1
Design/Build
Southlight Design Build Inc.

Reviews for Southlight Design Build Inc.

Michael H.
Michael H.

Good contractor, good guy; pay attention

Jeremy is a terrific contractor. He gets the work done — major and minor tasks of all types and makes sure it’s quality.

Suggestions:

• keep a video record of when workers arrive and leave. Is it time on site or travel time and time at suppliers?

• If you take charge of and do the work on of some
aspect of your job and don’t need Jeremy, don’t let
him show up to watch the half-hour quotes.

I did the research and met with window suppliers who were all outside different parts of Toronto. I inspected all of the options. They sent out quoters to
confirm my measurements. Jeremy asked to be preset at the quotes. He basically observed the quotes.

I went for Marvin fibreglass, the best, most expensive windows — 40 grand installed (by them, not Jeremy).

Jeremy billed me a percentage of their fee. If I’d realized he would do that, I’d have said, “I’ve done
the research, checked out the options and made the deal”.

That would have saved me a few thousand dollars for days of work I did.

The rest of it, all good. As I’ve said, good , good guy
company. You do good work. You’re busy. Just be fair
and both sides benefit.

Highly Recommended!

Jeremy and Southlight have renovated our house twice. The first time was months before our first child was born and the second time was after an unfortunate house fire. Both times Jeremy appreciated how serious we were about deadlines and finished the renovation on time. (In fact, I don't think he actually had time for us after the fire, but squeezed us in regardless.) Jeremy and his crew do excellent work and are honest about every aspect of your project - a rarity in my experience in the renovation world. Highly recommended!

Thanks so much for your review, I look forward to your next project.

Jeremy Tabarrok from Toronto
Jeremy Tabarrok from Toronto

Building a carport and deck

I was very pleased with the work Southlight design did. As the project progressed they came up with new and better design features we could add. It ended up looking better than I had hoped.

Onequarta from Toronto
Onequarta from Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

My dishwasher hose leaked and sent water down the back wall into my basement. Within a couple weeks a terrible stench made the basement bathroom (and the rest of the basement) unbearable.

Jeremy came over a few times to talk about options. He gave us several quotes using different scenarios. We decided the best way to deal with the issue was to gut it.

Jeremy continued to be very responsive and came up with creative solutions to make the space better (EX - shortening the duct work for more ceiling space).

He promised the work would be done quickly and finished the entire job with 2.5 weeks. We are very happy with the results. His prices are fair.

Thanks so much for your review, I look forward to your next project.

Looking for Design/Build pros in Toronto?