Roy Furniture Repair, Refinishing & Upholestry

Mitchell in Toronto
Mitchell in Toronto
5 reviews North York, ON

Chair recovering

We had two MCM chairs that needed serious help - full recovering with new fabric and cushions. Part of the fabric used velcro and some other places wouldn't even attempt to quote us on this job. Roy was able to help and has an amazing selection of fabrics and great prices. The chairs came out great! We've had them in the family for 50 years and they look brand new again. We also had him make a bench seat cushion for us. Would definitely recommend and use his services again.

Private User reviews York, ON

re-upholstered dining room chairs

We highly recommend Roy. He is reliable and punctual and more importantly his workmanship is top quality! Our 60 year old walnut dining room chairs look amazing and we are so happy with his work.

Overall Roy is a great gentleman.

George & Helen

James
James
0 reviews York, ON

If kitchen chairs can have perfect face lifts, this is your man!

I didn't want to give up our sturdy 32 year old kitchen chairs as they were posture perfect for sore lower backs. But the original brown vinyl covering showed battle scars inflicted over the three plus decades. Went to Homestars and got five suggestions. All of the five replied. Some could not do the work as they didn't have the right equipment. Others have me quotes but none, other than Roy, offered and in-house estimate. I read up on his services on Homestars reviews and also searched on average pricing for doing reupholstering so I could be prepared in my mind as to what price to expect. He arrived at the agreed upon time with his hands full of books of fabric samples. While I decided on the fabrics and colours, he calculated the price with senior discount. It was at the top end of what I was expecting. But given all his positive reviews I decided to splurge. It was a good decision. The six chairs are back in place after a month away and they're as firm as ever. Don't know if I'll live another three decades but I feel certain the chairs Roy refurbished likely will !! Good job ! Well done !

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Furniture repair

Four dining chairs needed repair. Loose legs. Very good job
Old rocking chair needed to be repaired. Replacement of seat plus recovering. Recovering was excellent but seating had to be redone as it needed original strapping not wood. Very pleased now

Custom couch re-build

This was a custom-made couch that would not fit into our new condo. Roy essentially rebuild the couch and converted it from a 2-piece couch into a 3-piece. He made a separate corner unit, to which the 2 longer couch pieces attached on each side.
The couch was also recovered, and looks fabulous!

Private User reviews Etobicoke, ON

upholstery - four dining room chairs

I am happy with the result. I like the colour snd the fabric which I

I am pleased with the finished product and i like color of the fabric.

DZ in Oakville
DZ in Oakville

Solid Cherry sleigh bed

Roy is a magician. He took my King sleigh bed and turned it into a Queen. Presto! Customer Service was wonderful and quality of work is 100% I would not hesitate to work with him again or recommend to friends. Thanks, Roy.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

What an amazing transformation!

Amazing! 50 years old and looking just as new! Beautiful, firm and more comfortable then the newer family sofa. So glad we got the furniture repaired and re upholstered. Out with the old faded look and dropping springs and in with fabulous! They say a picture is worth a thousand words! Highly recommend. Thank you Roy!!! Mom was super excited with her "new" set. Before in ivory/peach. New soft blue/green.

services in Richmond Hill, Ontario
services in Richmond Hill, Ontario
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Furniture refinishing

Roy refinished a coffee table and two end tables for us. He was easy to communicate with, reasonably priced, did the job quickly, and most importantly, we're so happy with the finished products!

Repairs - family dining table & rocking chair

These items have been in the family 75+ yrs (table) and 85+ yrs (rocking chair). Roy understood their sentimental value, and treated them (and me) with respect and professionalism. In a recent reno, the pedestal bases broke and needed replacement - luckily, Roy had such a replacement on hand! The rocker was a fragile piece. Roy replaced a chunk of missing wood, tightened anything that was weak, replaced the torn cane, and installed a new plywood seat. (Attached pics are before shots, followed by after shots) The chair is now in sturdy condition, and ready for a new paint job and a new (unstained!) upholstered cushion. These pieces mean a lot to our family. We wanted the jobs done by a professional - not an inexpensive exercise! But, worth every penny! (Price shown incl pickup/delivery/hst.) I trusted Roy, first because of his rating on homestars, and then because of his kindness and courtesy. I made a good decision in dealing with Roy, and recommend him highly. Thank you, Roy. DL

Thank you DL for your review!

More about Roy Furniture Repair, Refinishing & Upholestry

Roy Furniture Repair & Refinishing is a small family owned and operated furniture wood shop that specialize in repairing, restoring and upholstering antique furniture. Roy has been involved in the trade for over a decade and we guarantee your satisfaction. Located in Brampton, Ontario we give complementary free estimates and also pick up and deliver furniture. Give us a call, we look forward to hearing from you!