Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service

Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service

Bosch Dishwasher Repair

Being a single mom with 4 teenagers, when our dishwasher broke, it was near travesty. I know, first world problems, but still. I immediately jumped on line and looked for companies to save us. Tiernan replied that night, during the evening, his off hours, took my info and promised a quote in the morning when he could inquire about the part. As promised, I got an email in the morning with the cost and then he phoned to arrange it. Part luck and part dedication, Tiernan was in my area that morning. He accessed my home, when I wasn't there, was great with my two dogs and fixed the dishwasher in a very timely way. He left the broken part there and text me to advise when he was done. I was slightly hesitant to let a complete stranger into my home, when I wasn't there, but there was a confidence and calm about Tiernan that made it seem safe. Turns out I was right. Outside of his business card and a broken part, I would have never known he was around. I left a key. He left it right back there. He even gave my pooches some dog cookies and let them free of their pen . (I had them locked up as Tiernan was a stranger so just in case. I had said Tiernan could let them out if he felt comfortable). Tiernan got in and out without being attacked by the dogs so he must be good stuff. He was very understanding and reassuring and I couldn't be happier with how he fit me in and how quickly he was able to get the job done. He truly cared and was attentive to our needs and concerns (the dogs, the empty house, the broken dishwasher). He treated me like a real person. I want to add, other appliance repair people did reply as well but they quoted 2-3 days before the part could arrive, gave me a long story about other possible issues that could inflate the cost and their base cost was almost 40% more than Tiernan. Tiernan was more than fair and I never once felt he was trying to screw me over or upsell me. He was simply a guy, in a cape, saving the day! I want to add that our repair was quite simple and uncomplicated and Tiernan treated it as such. The other company, which I won't name, made me feel condescended, wary and uncertain. I know they were likely managing expectations in case the issue was much larger but I still felt duped and a little greasy after talking to them. Thank you Tiernan for keeping it simple and efficient. I am beyond impressed at the ease and pace that you saved my boys from washing dishes and kept the dent in my wallet to a minimum. Thank you!!!! Sometimes, it's the little things. I'd call Tiernan again, without hesitation.

thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review and choosing to be your service provider, it is greatly appreciated

Washing Machine Repair

My 18 year old Kenmore washer had stopped draining, and after spending a week shopping for a new machine, I decided to see if it could be repaired. Called Monday morning, and Tiernan arrived that day, and had it repaired within the hour. I agree with previous reviewers that he is knowledgeable, and honest (gave me two options for repair - one more expensive, one less - I chose the least expensive one). I am so grateful to have my old reliable machine back! Will definitely call this company if any of my other appliances break down.

I am glad we could help you out. Thank you for taking the time and effort for writing a review

Carole
Carole

Washing Machine Repair

Highly recommend. Tiernan showed up when he said he would, found the problem right away and fixed it while making sure we knew what the problem was and how he was fixing it. Very knowledgeable and friendly and we would highly recommend him and his company. 10 out of 10

Thanks for taking the time and effort to write the review, its greatly appreciated

Great Service & Advice!

Tiernan came out to repair our washing machine on September 8th. He quickly found the problem and had the needed part on hand, repair was done within an hour. Tiernan is very knowledgeable and extremely honest. I can highly recommend his services!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it's greatly appreciated. Tiernan

Angie in Calgary
Angie in Calgary

Washing machine

My 8yr old Samsung washer was struggling to finish spinning. I called and left a message and received a call back within 2 hours from Tiernan. Unfortunately the problem was intermittent - tough to diagnose when it doesn’t happen all the time. Tiernan was kind enough to spend 10 minutes on the phone with me talking through possible causes for the problem. A few days later it was apparent the problem was worsening and I needed someone to take a look. Called and left a message at 8am when the office opened and by 10:15am Tyler arrived. He was thorough in checking out all the possibilities and unfortunately for me, determined the fix would be very costly- close to the price of replacing the machine. He confirmed that parts were not available and that I would need to buy a new washer. I also asked him some questions about my dryer and refrigerator that he was happy to answer. He explained everything very well, cleaned up the area and was very pleasant and polite. I would not hesitate to call this company again next time I’m in need of a repair.

Thank you for selecting Household Refrigeration and appliance service for your service we greatly appreciate your business as well as taking the time to write a review

Shannon in Calgary
Shannon in Calgary

I would recommend them for quality service and a price that fits your budget

Great company. The repairman was on time, friendly, professional, knowledgeable and left the area clean.

I highly recommend Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service for quality service and a price that fits your budget."

Thank you Shannon for choosing Household Refrigeration and Appliance for your service as well as the review. Both are greatly appreciated.Tiernan

Aruna in Calgary
Aruna in Calgary

Laundry Dryer

My 5 year old Samsung 7.2 cu ft Dryer stopped working. The extended warranty died when Sears went under. After many calls to several companies, I was disappointed at wait times. I was also devastated when one company owner yelled racial slurs because I was slow to read the serial and model number.
This morning, the Reno Contractor passed Tiernan's phone number. I got a call back. In less than 4 hours, Tiernan arrived. In less than 10 minutes he identified the problem and fixed it. It's the best service I have had in many years. Tiernan himself is a very courteous gentleman. He gave me the invoice saying their was no rush to send the e-transfer.
I am very grateful to have met Tiernan.
Aruna Hollingshead
Calgary NW

Thanks for choosing Household Refrigeration for your repairs and for the wonderful review its greatly appreciated. Tiernan

SBL
SBL

Great service

Dryer stopped working and was pointed in the direction of Household Refrigeration and Appliance Service by a neighbour. Tiernan was great- he identified the problem immediately, ordered the part and was back the next morning to fix it. Friendly efficient service. I will definitely use this company in the future and have already recommended them to family members.

Thank you for review and the referral it is greatly appreciated. Tiernan

Fixed Gas Dryer

Last weekend my gas dryer lost heat. (We've had it for 18 plus years and haven't any trouble with it) I found the listing for this company on home stars with a 97% rating. I phoned on Monday morning and Tiernan wasn't sure if he could make it same day or Tuesday. He phoned around lunch time that he was on the way. The problem was the igniter. He replaced it in no time. the dryer works fine now. I was impressed with his knowledge He even changed how the dryer door opened.

Last weekend my gas dryer lost heat. I looked up appliance repair on Homesteads and found this company with a 97% rating, I phoned Monday morning not expecting same day service. Tiernan wasn't sure he could come some day. He phoned after lunch that he was on the way.
The dryer needed a new ignition switch. It took no time. the dryer works fine now. He even changed how the door opens which makes it easier to load wet clothes from the washer. I appreciated how knowledgeable and Professional he was. I would definitely use him again.

Thanks so much for taking the time write a review, greatly appreciated. Thanks again

rachellemantei in Calgary, Alberta CANADA T2R0L2

Washing Machine Repair

Our washing machine stopped working and with two small babies in the house I was quite anxious to get it fixed. Almost immediately after sending a text requesting service I received a response and Tiernan was able to come a few hours later. He was here for over half an hour checking over the machine and determined nothing was wrong with it (I believe it became out of balance when I washed a single heavy item). We very much appreciated his honesty and to top it off he didn't even charge for his time. I will definitely be calling Tiernan in the future for any other issues as his service is excellent and he's a genuinely nice person.

I greatly appreciate the time you took to write fantastic review. Thank you

More about Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service

Household Refrigeration & Appliance Service offers domestic appliance repair - fridge, stove, washer, dryer, dishwasher repairs