Ideal Stairs

141 Nugget Avenue Toronto ON M1S 3B1

Best of 2021 winner 10 timesBest of 2021winner 10 times

Reviews for Ideal Stairs

2 reviews Aurora, ON

Efficient, neat, timely, and accurate

Ideal stairs gave an accurate estimate for time and cost. They were easy to contact, pleasant to deal with, always let us know when work would (and would not) occur, and answered questions promptly. The tradesmen were neat, friendly, and did beautiful work.
We are very happy with the work that was done by Ideal Stairs.
I recommend Ideal Stairs highly.

Hello, thank you so much for your review and recommendation! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and workmanship to all our customers. We really appreciate hearing you had a great experience with our team and we were able to answer any questions you had during the renovation process. On behalf of the Ideal Stairs team, we'd like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

New stairs

Mesh helped me out of a real jam. I was in the process of getting my stairs refinished only to find out that most of my staircase was done in veneer. I was under a strict timeline so I took a chance, based on the good reviews, and called Ideal Stairs. Within a couple of days Mesh sent his team to rip out my old veneer staircase and give me the beautiful oak stairs that I needed for staining. The guys worked non stop and cleaned up after every day. My stairs turned out amazing. The team at Ideal Stairs knows their stuff. I would use Ideal Stairs again in a heartbeat and highly recommend them. Thanks so much for all your help Mesh.
Dexter

Hi Dexter, thank you so much for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and workmanship to all our customers. Glad to hear you had a great experience with our team and we were able to quickly remove your veneer stairs to custom make and install oak. On behalf of Mesh and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your stair renovation project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Linda in Whitby
Linda in Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Railing refinish

Mesh and Raj were great to work with. Their team refinished the existing handrail and installed new posts and spindles. Most of the work was done offsite so they were only in our home for a day. We were concerned about damage to the existing carpet, but it was not an issue. The cost was very reasonable compared to other quotes we received. We would definitely recommend them.

Hi Linda, thanks so much for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and workmanship to our customers. We're so happy to hear you had a great experience with our team, and we were able to provide you a reasonable quote. We hope you continue to admire your beautiful newly refinished stair railings for many years to follow. On behalf of Mesh, Raj and the Ideal Stairs team, we'd like to thank you for choosing us to be a part of your renovation project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Staircase transformation
Staircase transformation
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Stair transformation

We have used Ideal Stairs on our job sites and when it came time to do my own there was no other company I would consider. They removed, disposed of our old stairs. They prepped and installed on site. Most of the staining was done off site to eliminate odour and within 5 working days the transition was all completed. We also asked for a custom railing which they molded and installed at a reasonable price.

Hello, thanks for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're very glad to hear you had a great experience with our team, on behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your number one stair renovation company. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Walking the Talk

Ideal Stairs replaced our two staircases and the upper and main floor landing railings. Their work was excellent - second to none.
The installation took place during our home renovation with very little in the way of lighting. After the lighting was installed, we noticed the spindles were off-white rather than white we ordered.
Ideal Stairs immediately and without question replaced all the spindles - no charge. It is very rare indeed to find a company so dedicated to quality and to maintaining the highest reputation in the industry.

They truly walk the talk!

Well done Raja, Mesh and team,

John D

Hello, thanks for your review! Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're very glad to hear you had a great experience with our team and we were able to immediately put right the spindles. On behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your number one stair renovation company. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Iain from Toronto
Iain from Toronto
3 reviews Ajax, ON

I'd give 11 stars if I could.

We had them replace our staircase and second floor this time last year, and decided it was time to do the main floor. Simply incredible. I figured it would take 3 or 4 days and it was done, and spotless in about 5-6 hours. Looks amazing.

Also put a vinyl floor in the main floor toilet. Whoever thought a wooden floor was a good idea obviously never had men or boys living in their house.

Just like last time, guys were incredibly fast but always friendly and professional. Never rushed, and asked all the right questions. Even moved some heavy furniture out of the way for me that I couldn't move. I just wish we had more floors for them to do.

Thanks Iain for your review. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're extremely happy you chose our team again for your flooring project but this time for your main floor. We truly take pride in our service and workmanship, and we're very glad it shows :) On behalf of the Ideal Stairs team, we want to thank you once again for choosing us and giving us the opportunity to really make your stairs and flooring shine. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Kitchen Court
Kitchen Court
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Stair & Railing Project

My wife and I have owned and operated a kitchen company for 33 years, and over the years we've seen our share of good and not so good trades people. Recently we contracted Ideal Stairs from Scarborough to do our stairs and railings in our own home. Our expectation of service and quality is very high, but I have to say, Ideal Stairs exceeded my goals for top quality and service. Mesh kept in touch with me each day, letting me know when the guys would be there and what we can expect for the day ahead. Every night before the guys stopped work, they took about half an hour to vacuum all the area they had been working in. Now that it's complete and they applied the last coat of finish, the hand rail and stairs feel like silk, what a super job they did. I have already recommended them to one of my clients and will continue to send them my clients, as I'd be happy to put my name to their work. Great job guys. David Courtney, Kitchen Court.

Hi David, thank you for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so excited to hear you are enjoying your new hardwood stairs. On behalf of Mesh, Rajan and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your number one stair renovation company.

Colin
Colin

Staircase Railing

Mesh did a great job in helping to make the all the style and colour choices of my new railing system and to coordinate the project. Everything was communicated well, and went off without a hitch during these Covid times. The crew executed the quality job very well, custom tailoring and fine tuning to the space and existing structures, and were diligent about setup and cleanup. The railing overall improves the look of the living/dining room, and is sturdy which is what I wanted, and it was achieved. I definitely recommend these guys, thanks again for the great job!

Thank you Colin for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We take pride in providing the very best to our customers and for this we are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and we were able to meet your expectations. On behalf of Mesh and the Ideal Stairs team, we'd like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your project. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Mary Pietrodangelo
Mary Pietrodangelo

Stair renovations

It was a pure delight to deal with this company. Mesh, Rajan and their team finished my upstairs and downstairs before Christmas time, as promised. Clean and accurate work left me with the perfect stairs! They did a phenomenal and professional job! I would recommend Ideal Stair to anyone! They changed my old carpet stairs into a quality hardwood masterpiece! Many thanks guys! Mary.

Hi Mary, thank you for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us as we continue to offer the best in service and quality work to our customers. We're so excited to hear you are enjoying your new hardwood stairs. On behalf of Mesh, Rajan and the Ideal Stairs team, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your number one stair renovation company. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

Staircase Renovation

We were very happy with the service and quality of our staircase renovation. We installed new railings and had the wooden staircase refinished. Rajan and Mesh were very professional and courteous. The work was done on time and on budget with a beautiful result. I highly recommend Ideal Stairs for any staircase renovation.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your review and recommendation. Your feedback is very important to us while we continue to offer the best in service to our customers. We are so glad to hear you're very happy with our service and quality of work, and we were able to complete the project in a timely manner. We hope you continue to enjoy your beautiful new stairs for many years to follow. On behalf of Rajan and Mesh, we would like to thank you for choosing our team to be a part of your stair renovation. Please kindly mention our name to any friends and family who require work completed for their stairs and or floors.

More about Ideal Stairs

COVID-19 Update: We open for business and available for phone calls, emails and virtual meetings as well. We're also taking all health and safety percautions for our employees and homeowners that we're in contact with. Contact us today to discuss things further. Be safe and take care.

****

Ideal Stairs is your #1 choice for renovating staircases. Our company has been in the staircase renovation business since 2001. We serve Toronto, Greater Toronto and surrounding areas. With our expertise, we consider ourselves to be fine woodworkers, working daily with Red Oak wood – 100% Canadian content sourced from Quebec. We buy the raw materials and when possible, manufacture our own components, allowing us to pass along the savings to our consumers.

****

Are you interested in Jatoba and Walnut stairs? We also have great knowledge and experience working with these types of wood, and other exotic woods. With our custom manufacturing facility and skilled installation crews, your carpeted stairs can be transformed in about 3-5 days. We also install flooring and by coordinating this with the staircase renovation, the time and disruption in your home can be minimized. Ideal Stairs can help make your staircase the showpiece of your home.

Floor Laying & Refinishing, Stair Builders, and Railings
[.::STAIRCASES::.] Our core business is fine woodworking. We custom manufacture all elements related to the staircase industry. We make posts, treads (steps), balustrades (spindles or pickets), handrails as well as entire staircases made only from red oak. Combining the custom manufacturing facility along with skilled installation crews allow us to renovate your staircase in approximately 3-5 days. Visit our website www.idealstairs.ca to view our Testimonials, and listen to very satisfied clients who have generously allowed us to record their successful renovation in their own words. [.::FLOORING - HARDWOOD AND LAMINATE::.] Staircase renovation is not our only product. We believe we are the only staircase manufacturer that will renovate your staircase AND install hardwood flooring. We want to minimize the time and disruption in your home by coordinating these two products. We are dealers for many brands of hardwood and laminate flooring but our proudest boast is we have hardwood flooring that is 25% and 100% Canadian content. We offer custom colours on your hardwood flooring (over 750 square feet) for Red Oak and Maple. We value our premium service by supplying and ensuring the colour you choose for your flooring is also used on the renovated staircase. [.::SANDING AND STAINING::.] If you already have a solid oak staircase but you want it changed to a different colour, we also provide sanding and re-staining services. We can transform your builder staircase into a dream staircase easily within your budget. While you are considering changing the colour of your staircase, this is an excellent time to change the appearance. Since we will be taking off the handrail, pickets and posts to sand and stain your steps, take the opportunity to install another post style, such as square, remodel your existing pickets and changing the look from old to new. For the record
Ideal Stairs offer excellent and professional service in new stair construction, sanding, custom staining and renovating your existing hardwood staircase (oak or maple) right in your home. If you currently have carpeted stairs, we can help transform your staircase to solid oak treads. We can change your posts, add new pickets and match the material to an existing colour in your house. Within 3 days, your central foyer is transformed from great to amazing. Our service is not only limited to stairs. We can also sand and offer custom staining and refinishing of hardwood flooring. Flooring installation including oak and maple hardwood, laminate and engineered. Visit our website www.idealstairs.ca for more information.
Custom, Contemporary, Modern, Traditional