I purchased a sofa from this company and requested a delivery to my home. The delivery employees were inexperienced and extremely unprofessional. Not only were they 5 hours late, but in the process of trying to make the delivery, they damaged my ceiling and front hall walls. Even after measuring and viewing floor plans with the sales staff, the sofa wouldn't fit through the front door and when I realized it wasn't going to fit, I asked the delivery guys to stop, and return the sofa back to the store. Instead of listening to my request, they wanted to try to make it work and fit it through the door. I applaud them for their efforts.
However, In attempting to maneuver the sofa through the front door, it become stuck, and the one employee started kicking the sofa frame to dislodge it from the frame. In doing so, he damaged my walls and ceiling. I continued to ask him to stop and remove the sofa, which he did not listen and he continued to try and push the sofa through the front door into the home. After 25 minutes, he finally gave up and returned the sofa to the store.
I called the Manager (Greg) to discuss my concerns with the delivery employees and the damage, and he immediately stopped me, advising me he wasn't going to do anything about the situation, and if I wanted to, I could sue him. He wouldn't allow me to explain the situation or tell him how the delivery employees acted or listen to my instructions to stop the delivery. When I tried calling back, he hung up on me.
Avoid this company at all costs.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- There are a few things they can do. First, when a customer calls with a concern and complaint, at least listen to their concerns. Don't cut them off before even hearing what they have to say. Second, when a customer requests repeatidly to STOP what an employee is doing, LISTEN to the request. Third, take ownership of the problem and be reasonable.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- If you have any doubt in your mind that a delivery product may be tough to get into your home, you may want to video tape the delivery and how the employees act during the delivery. It could come in handy.