Energy Incentive & Income Eligible Rebate Programs

Energy Incentive & Income Eligible Rebate Programs

Reviews for Energy Incentive & Income Eligible Rebate Programs

Derek Anderson in Toronto
Derek Anderson in Toronto

Home energy audit, and EcoEnergy grant application

We had Greensaver in to do our home energy audit when we bought our house. All fine and good. The problems began when they submitted the paper work to get our EcoEnergy grant back from the Federal and Provincial Governments. Greensaver screwed up the paperwork and we were overpaid by both the Feds and the Provincial governments. Greensaver completely passed the buck - telling us to deal with both levels of government ourselves to sort it out. Strange given the fact that they had handled everything else up until that point. What did I pay them for?

To make matters worse, we were told by the guy who came to do the follow up assessment that the rules had been changed and that we would be allowed to apply for a second grant under the EcoEnergy program. Great I thought - now we have time to get the insulation done as well. Well, lo and behold the Feds changed the rules again, and you were required to register before March of this year if you intended to apply for a second grant. Did Greensaver bother to notify me of this? Of course not, despite the fact that they had my address, phone number, and e-mail and despite the fact that I had told them that was my intention.

Not for profit - you bet. Not for service or professionalism either. Thanks for nothing Greensaver.

If you are planning on getting a home energy audit done or applying for the EcoEnergy grant from the Provincial government do yourself a favour - use anybody but Greensaver.

RayT from Toronto
RayT from Toronto
12 reviews ,

Home Energy Audit

I had David B. come to do my audit. He was very professional and inspected both outside and inside of the house and was very thorough. Main problems were air leaks, especially potlights and fireplace. He did a blower door test and walked around with me to show where the air leaks were. He made suggestions as to where the leaks from the potlights on the ground floor may have been from, since my 37 yr old home had double layer brick walls but most likely uninsulated. Also my roof needed more insulation and proper weatherstripping of the hatch. He wasn't as useful about the fireplace as it wasn't his specialty (which I found another company to fix).

I had no problem getting back my first rebate quickly, and David emailed me his detailed analysis report and replied to my email questions even a few months after the audit. The report was a little confusing though, especially about the part about my basement insulation. But it was nice that it prioritizes which upgrades gives the biggest rebate for the dollar spent (mine would be to upgrade furnace, followed by adding roof insulation).

They do have a separate person who takes care of the reno job as well, but after his estimate I decided to go with another company mostly due to price. The estimate itself was useful in that he detected more problems that David didn't (including pot lights on the top floor that were non IC rated).

If you do go with this company, my advice is to ask for David to do your audit, followed by an estimate with their renovations team to make sure no other problems exist.

Melinda in Toronto
Melinda in Toronto

Home Energy Audit

Gerald who i believe was contracted for Greensaver to perform home energy audits in accordance with the current government rebate programs, was a nice man and he seemed to know what he was doing, but it took him about 4 months to submit the necessary paperwork to Greensaver, and Greensaver in turn took about 4 more months to submit the necessary paperwork required by the Ontario government to reimburse me for part of the cost of the audit. I must have had to follow up with Greensaver 6 times to prompt them to initiate the process. Each time I spoke with someone very nice but they are not on the ball.

I picked them because I wanted to support a not for profit their service was not competent. I will not be booking my follow up audit with them.

Natalya Etobicoke
Natalya Etobicoke
6 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Home Evaluation

I had GreenSaver for my home evaluation... The inspector wasn't very interested in providing me with any details or any energy savings tips. He was quick in his inspection and VERY slow with the report submission. I had very hard time to get hold of him and still waiting for my money... GreenSaver doesn't care about the customers and only worry about the money, so I would not recommend this company....

Lada Toronto
Lada Toronto

Home Energy Audit

I've just had my inspection and was very surprised how quick it went... I was hopping that the inspector will go through my house more precisely and paying more attention to the details since they charge more than other companies. I haven't seen the report yet, but I was expecting a more detailed inspection especially for this amount of money... Not sure if I would go with this company again?!

nchak2003
nchak2003

Energy Audit

The audit was fine but the inspector submitted a wrong mailing address to the government. The Ontario government had to contact us to send the rebate cheque to our home. Despite we informed Greensaver to ensure the right address be put on their file, after 3 months of the retro-fit inspection, we were told that they still got the wrong mailing address again and still have not got our rebate cheques from the government.
I have upgraded my rating because Kaitlin and Bill of Greensaver were very helpful to follow up the rebates with the government. I finally got the rebate cheque from the Federal Government, 4 months after the retrofit inspection.
I would have given a higher ranking to Greensaver if the original inspector had not made such a fundamental mistake in his filing with the government.

Review has 1 previous version
Daniel in NorthYork
Daniel in NorthYork
6 reviews North York, ON

EcoEnergy Report

Green Saver came a few times to look at the TWO new brand name high efficiency 95% furnaces and TWO brand name high efficiency central air conditioners installed. They reported ONLY one 92% furance and one a/c on the official report for ecoEnergy, thus owner got $800 less on government rebates. Home owner complained four times to boss of Green Saver in the last three months and they still have NOT corrected the report. At this time, they agree that there are TWO new furnacnes. They also refused to let us know why the air tightness has NOT been improved although the home owner has spent over $80,000 to improve air tightness on this $1.8 million dollar home. Unprofessional, and reluctant to correct their mistakes.

Dan from Leslieville
Dan from Leslieville
9.8/10

Energy audit or our house and solutions

GreenSaver started out as a group that only did energy audits on homes and then gave recommendations to make homes more efficient (and less costly to run). They have now started to do some of the work because of horror stories they had heard. GreenSavers did our audit, wrote down recommendations and then insulated our homes. They also helped us get government grants to pay for this work. Brilliant job and great service.

Looking for Renewable Energy pros in Toronto?