Backyard Retreat - Hot Tubs, Swim Spas & Pools

Best of 2018 winnerBest of 2018winner

Reviews for Backyard Retreat - Hot Tubs, Swim Spas & Pools

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Swim spa

I am so happy with my swim spa! It was great dealing with Logan. He was friendly and patient with us. We didn’t know anything about swim spas.
We love the spa it’s versatile and it was easy install

Gidi in Vaughan
Gidi in Vaughan

Swim spa

My family and I started looking for a swim spa in 2019. After doing my research we ended up purchasing from Backyard Retreat. I found the salesperson Will to be amazing. He took the time and effort to explain what and how a swim spa worked. Will moved onto a different department but Bjorn stepped in and continued providing amazing customer service. Bjorn is always willing and able to help with any questions or concerns we may have. Backyard Retreat made the installation very easy and provided us with a contact referral for the electrician , Deck Builder and the cement pad installation. Since my installation in 2020 I have referred both my Brother in law and a co worker to Bjorn who have also purchased swim spa’s. I continue to have no issues in referring my friends and relatives to Bjorn because I’m confident he will look after them. I highly recommend anyone interested in purchasing a swim spa to speak with Bjorn!

Richard in Sudbury
Richard in Sudbury
0 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Terrible customer service!

I just purchased a hot tub from this company. After payment and delivery, I received no assistance whatsoever. The sales guy made an appointment to come over and give me a tutorial on how to work the features and use the chemicals. He never showed up!
I definitely won’t be calling them when I get an inground pool next year!

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately you are mistaken as to where you made your purchase as we do not service the Sudbury region as that is quite far from our business in Oakville. Please contact the salesperson at the store at which you made your purchase for assistance. Take Care!

Costa2205
Costa2205
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Family SwimSpa

Bjorn was amazing to deal with!!! Lots of knowledge and information given and no pressure or sales tactics to complete the deal.
We are so happy with the process of purchasing our swim spa including delivery, setup, care and service that has been provided by Backyard Retreat.
Going there this weekend to purchase my new firepit and furniture.
Great experience and a definite recommendation to anyone all-day and everyday for purchasing and servicing of your backyard needs!
Thanks guys!!!

Ed Caruso
Ed Caruso

Great customer experience

working with Bjorn has been stellar and I am very glad that I chose Backyard Retreat even though I have some other companies to choose from closer to me in Etobicoke. Being able to test-run the swimspa before committing to it was super beneficial in helping me to choose the size and model and having Bjorn answer all my questions was just so beneficial for the model choosing process.

Moreover, Bjorn had said that for delivery and installation, I must use his recommended crane guy but I can choose my own concrete guy and electrician. I appreciated that Bjorn was upfront about that but having had Oscar do the concrete and Bob do all the electrical work, I would totally recommend them to any future client. Their quoted prices were actually cheaper than a few other quotes that I had gotten, but more importantly, now that I’ve seen how they did their work (especially Bob and his endless wealth of knowledge on all things hot tubs and swimspas), I would recommend them as part of the “must use” list too.

And of course, the crane company and the installation crew were fabulous too as they installed it in minutes and they gave me a nice visual intro on how to do the maintenance things that are for owners to do and what not to do as it’s better suited for the service team to do.

I will gladly return to Backyard Retreat for any future purchases of chemicals and filters as the experience from start to finish was very smooth for me.

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto
0 reviews Erin, ON

Swimspa Installation

Right from our initial meeting with Bjorn from Backyard Retreat in Oakville, our experience was a very positive one.
Bjorn is knowledgeable, and eager to educate resulting in the right product for your needs.
We purchased a 17 1/2 foot Hydropool swimspa from Bjorn, with delivery and installation professionally handled with timelines met, amid the COVID-19 inventory crisis.
Bjorn was always readily accessible to answer any queries we had.
We are very fortunate to have dealt with Bjorn, and would recommend him and his services without hesitation.
Although seeing the crane lift the spa over our house for installation in our backyard was a little nerve racking, it went seamlessly!
The grandkids have loved it, as have we. We look forward to enjoying it for many seasons ahead!
Thank you Bjorn, you were truly a pleasure to work with.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Hot tubs

We purchased our hot tub 3 years ago from Backyard Retreat. Since that time I’ve recommended them to several people. The year after we purchased our tub my good friend purchased one as well from BYR upon our recommendation. Despite the distance from home, we keep returning for all of our hot tub needs. Love the service, sales and knowledgeable customer service.

Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate that you take the time to travel out of the way to do business with us. Thanks again for your referrals and your continued business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

ritu in Mississauga
ritu in Mississauga
1 review , ON

reliable and friendly

I have used these guys for years...I buy all my hot tub supplies from them and even purchased a hot tub cover from them. They are helpful and knowledgeable. They help guide what products are best for your needs.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate your patronage and look forward to continuing our relationship going forward. See you again soon!

Tammy in Oakville
Tammy in Oakville

Swim Spa

Great product and customer service! Will has been amazing and has held our hand throughout the entire process. Any problems we have had, mostly chemical balance, he has quickly helped us correct. We highly recommend backyard retreat and Will!! We love our swim spa :)

Hi Tammi,
on behalf of the Backyard Retreat team we thank you for taking the time to share your purchase experience. It's always a pleasure to work alongside great clients such as yourself. We're happy you're enjoying your new swim spa!
Will

More about Backyard Retreat - Hot Tubs, Swim Spas & Pools

Have you ever had daydreams about ending your hectic day by coming home to a relaxing and soothing environment? At Backyard Retreat Home and Leisure, our goal is for you to look no further than your own backyard for the perfect getaway. We offer the highest quality products and services on the market today. We are proud suppliers of Canada’s leading brands of hot tubs, swim spas, pools, patio furniture, BBQ’s and outdoor living products. Stop into one of our showrooms today where our expert team will gladly get you into the backyard of your dreams at an affordable price. We are your One-Stop-Shop to make your dreams a reality and our customer’s satisfaction is our number one goal!