Rydel Roofing & Siding

Formerly Rydel Roofing Inc.
Rydel Roofing & Siding

Best of 2019 winnerBest of 2019winner

Reviews for Rydel Roofing & Siding

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Replace siding and roof, New modern look

The project: We planned to replace our 35 year old painted cedar siding with a high quality product that would require less maintenance as we intend to remain in our home for the foreseeable future. We decided it was a good time to replace the 35 year old windows at the same time and had already picked the window company. Altogether, this was a significant renovation on an up-market home and we were looking for a quality job more than an inexpensive job. We brought our own designer and ultimately settled on a combination of products from James Hardie and Chamclad for a modern look.
The selection: We interviewed 4 candidates to do the siding, (some recommended by the product supplier, James Hardie) and obtained 4 quotes. The candidates ranged from small owner-operated to larger multi-crew companies. Although the Rydel quote was not the lowest, all quotes were fairly close in range so that price was not the determining factor. We chose Rydel largely based on the openness, professionalism and good communication during the sales process. We got a good feeling that they could deal with the complexity of the work. We are very happy that we did.
The work: We knew that coordination between the window supplier and the siding contractor would be important and requested a meeting between the two. Rydel immediately engaged with the window company and agreed on a way to coordinate work schedule and agreed on an interface between the windows and siding.
The crew (Eric and Phil) were easy to communicate with and appeared highly motivated to do a high quality job. They had no problem solving many issues required to mate the two different products. Much creative work was done with custom metal work at the interfaces and windows. Anything that was damaged during construction was repaired before we even mentioned it. Daily cleanup was always thorough.
As work progressed, we realized that the roof was not in quite as good shape as we had thought and this was a good time to replace it. Rydel was able to get one of their crews in to replace the roof and keep going with the siding after.
Some work (eaves trough and parging) was done by sub contractors. This work, also, was very well done by well chosen sub-contractors.
Conclusion: In short, Rydel did a great job replacing siding, roof and eaves trough on an up-market home transforming if to a more modern look. They also completed repairs to the house where water damage had occurred after 35 years.
Throughout the project, communication was excellent to inform us of progress and any delays caused by weather and the inevitable Covid-19 induced disruptions.
Perhaps the most telling is that we have no need to call them back as all the finished work appears perfect. Well done!
We would highly recommend Rydel for similar work.

Roofing and mansors

My husband and I have wanted to update our roof and mansors for the last 5 years and we couldn't have been more happier with choosing Rydel! Shawn was prompt in contacting us for a quote. He met with my husband and insisted on returning another day to speak with me when I was off work. He explained every aspect of our desired plan and worked with our time schedule for meetings. He was patient, professional, knowledgeable and great sense of humor. His communication with us and check ups were impressive. Kevin and his team were fantastic. The crew answered any questions and let us know of any arising concerns at the instant. They were polite, thorough, and incredibly respectful of our property. We have a young son and puppy and the crew made sure the yards, pool and laneway were free of all debris. Rydel has been such a wonderful company to work with and we are planning more projects in the future with them. Thank you!

Linda in Ottawa
Linda in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent experience

Rydel redid our roof this week. Here is why I give them an excellent rating:
Quick response to my request for a quote.
I appreciated that Shawn sold his product and company - rather than trash the competitors - and he took the time go over the process and product in detail.
Good communication throughout, about the job start and progress.
Crew cleaned up after themselves each day.
Checking in (in person) as soon as the job was done, to make sure we were satisfied.
The roof looks great.
In a nutshell, it was a very good experience and I’m happy to recommend them.

Nelly in Barrie
Nelly in Barrie
0 reviews Barrie, ON

Roofing renovation

We choose Rydel to redo our roof and we totally recommend this company.

Customer service is excellent from start to finish. After the first call, we quickly had an appointment with Shawn who guided us through the process.

The rydel team was on time and ready to work.
they also cleaned up at the end so everything was perfect and our new roof looks very nice ...

mdesilets
mdesilets
1 review Russell, ON

Re-shingling house roof and shed

Right from the first phone call, the sales rep was very professional - reviewing, in layman's terms, the proposed scope of the work and availalbe options - communication was amazing and the workmanship second to none - the entire project was completed in 1.5 days. All Covid-19 protocols were followed.

Martin Family
Martin Family
1 review Ottawa, ON

Home siding

Our first experience replacing siding was made wasy with Shawn's great communication and meticulous check ins. The project was led by Ken who was very easy going and great to work with. Very satisfied with our new siding!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

My roof repair

I would just like to say,how pleased l am with the service I received from Rydelroof and siding.Their staff are amazing ,very knowledgeable,and efficient at jobs.They saved a ton of money by agreeing that l would need to repair my roof and not replace it.I found that especially comforting after a couple other roofing companies only wanted to replace my roof when it only needed some minor repairs.l would highly recommend Rydel as your first and only choice in repairing and/or replacing your roof.l am so happy l chose Rydel roof and siding,and you will be too!Thank you so much Rydel.
Happy Customer Mark

Jay
Jay
3 reviews , ON

Siding and Known Underlay Repairs

It was a pleasure working with Ken. He kept me informed of what was going on, as he knew I wanted to see all the underlying fixes and details, having been burned by other contractors. His attention to detail and understanding were key – because he would text me to come out as he closed up nearly everything, I could work inside without worry that I had to hover over him – which allowed me to actually get work done, and make money, over this process. That is a huge niche value for your company that I would highly emphasize when I recommend Ken, Shawn and Rydel to my neighbours and co-workers. He was very patient.

Siding Work

We had the pleasure of working with Rydel Roofing during Covid 19. They did our siding and they exceeded our expectations. They were always prompt and were jumping from one job to another. They stayed and completed the job. The team did an amazing job on our house. They were respectful and very knowledgeable- we had a few issues with our wood rotting, and the team did a great job repairing what needed to be repaired prior to putting new siding on. We had open communication, always notified if the guys would be running late or be present at the job or not (due to weather conditions). Would definitely recommend them to anyone who requires new siding!

More about Rydel Roofing & Siding

Recently awarded the title of Best of Eastern Ontario for Roofing & Siding companies by HomeStars, Rydel Roofing has more than 30 years of experience as Ottawa's premier roofing service companies. Boasting an A+ BBB Rating, a perfect Facebook Review score and a 97% customer review rating on HomeStars, our business is driven by a passion for elevated customer service, quality craftsmanship and old fashioned honesty. We have been certified to install almost every major roofing and siding product in North America so you can rest assured that our projects are covered under warranty.

Need financing? Ask our team how you can get 24 month ZERO INTEREST equal payments on your latest project!

Services/Products:
Asphalt Roofing, Metal Roofing, Flat Roofing, Roofing Repairs, Eavestrough and Gutter, Siding, Roofing Products, Roofing Ventilation, Commercial Roofing, Residential Roofing

Brands
IKO, CertainTeed, Owens Corning, BP, GAF, James Hardie, Genteck, Euroshield, Wakefield Bridge, Heritage, Ameri-Cana, Junior H-F, T-Rex, Velux Skylights, Duraflow, Venmar

In business since: 2012