Mississauga Decks & Trim

Reviews for Mississauga Decks & Trim

Jonathan in Toronto
Jonathan in Toronto

Deck rebuild

I cannot say enough good things about MDT. They rebuilt my deck in April and I am extremely happy with the results. I contacted 5 Toronto-area deck contractors to quote on replacing my old ground-level deck that was falling apart due to moisture issues and carpenter ants. Chris from MDT was one of the few people to actually call me back rather than email, and he gave me a ton of information on the phone and answered all of my questions. One of the first things he said to me was "if you're looking for a cheap and fast low-quality rebuild, we're not the people for you". Chris came to my house twice to look at the old deck and to discuss options for materials and design. It was clear that he was very proud of the work they do. I opted for cedar decking, and although their quote was a bit higher than the others, I selected MDT because of their excellent communication, pride of work, longer warranty, and more detailed payment schedule. John contacted me to schedule the rebuild, and he was a pleasure to work with. John and Diego arrived on schedule, and they worked hard to complete the demolition and rebuild within a reasonable time. These guys don't rush. They're trim carpenters and they pay very close attention to detail. Following demolition, they put down landscaping fabric and gravel to reduce weed growth. The deck board spacing is consistent (I have no drainage issues now), all screws line up perfectly, and the surrounding planters made from 4x4s are beautifully built.

Thanks Jonathan, for the great review.
It was a pleasure working with you and thanks for the referrals to your neighbours. Have a great summer on your new deck and please don't hesitate to contact me in the future, if you need any other work done.

sergio in Toronto, Ontario Canada
sergio in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Fantastic work

We hired John and his company 4 years ago (price posted was 4 years ago) to replace our fence. It was after a big wind storm that took down our whole fence and others in the neighbourhood and other parts of the city. He and his team were professional, price was reasonable, and did the job in a timely fashion. The fence is still standing and still looks great.

Thanks For the great review Sergio!

John Morrissey

Jason in Georgetown
Jason in Georgetown
2 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Backyard Deck

John and his team went above and beyond to create a well built and beautiful deck for our backyard. There were a few challenges that we worked together to resolve, but in the end I believe both sides were happy with the outcome. I would definitely use them again. Thanks again.

Thanks for the review Jason,
I'm glad to hear your happy with everything.
Enjoy your new deck!

Front Porch and Rear Deck

John and team are professionals. They showed up every day and completed the work as discussed. John was very informative about materials and structural considerations and he was flexible to changes in the design. We are very happy with the final results.

Thanks for the great review.
It was a pleasure to work with you.
Enjoy your new decks!

Listens to What The Customer Wants and Creatively Problem-Solves

New build - 2.5 floors and addition. John did our trim, doors and some framing so we could finish drywall and stairs. He also started our deck so we could finish siding. Priced reasonably for the experience and scope of the work and we liked how his quotes and invoices were were detailed. He was happy to discuss all the options available, even showing us examples of work from previous customers or his own build.

Trim tends to be fussy work at the best of times and we had at least 3 or 4 items that were unique to our project and required specific parts, tools and install techniques. John was willing to try and ended up successfully installing. Our experience with trades is that they are usually unwilling to try new things, so we were happy John did.

John seems to have built his business on referrals, knowing a few of our project staff since he had done work either for them or with them at some point. It's not hard to see why he gets along so well - he's friendly and willing to discuss project details.

We look forward to having John back to finish our deck and whatever other work we can find for him.

Thanks for the great review.
I'll look forward to working with you again in the future.

Mack in Mississauga
Mack in Mississauga

Backyard deck

John and his team, especially Art, did a wonderful job in rejuvenating our backyard. The work definitely exceeded our expectations, very professional. We plan to have the team back again this year to complete another job for us. Happy to recommend Mississauga Deck and Trim.

Thanks Mack,
Appreciate the review and we'll look forward to hearing from you again in the new year.

Greg on the Danforth
Greg on the Danforth

Everything you could ask for!

We engaged John and team to replace our back deck with composite plus do some fence and gate repairs. They were absolutely everything I could have asked for. Responsive, quality work, with competitive price. I also appreciated the proactive communication and suggestions. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend their services.

Thanks Greg,

Thanks for the great review and it was a pleasure working with you.
Enjoy your new deck.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Great team and super happy customer

John and his team built us a gazebo and we’re so happy with the outcome. We definitely recommend his services.

Thanks for the review.

Deck

John provided excellent service from beginning to end. We are very pleased with the completed deck. They were clean and precise in their workmanship.

I strongly believe I received good value for the money spent, and recommed Mississauga Decks and Trim.

Thanks for the review!
John
Mississauga decks and trim.

tx in Scarborough
tx in Scarborough

Composite deck, cedar pergola, cedar fence, gate

John and his Mississauga Decks & Trim crew did an excellent job
on our back yard project. They were able to meet our needs and completed the work in a timely fashion and within our budget, even during the materials shortage caused by the pandemic.
I would certainly recommend them.
-- Chris

Thanks Chris,
It was a pleasure to work with you.
Enjoy your new deck.

More about Mississauga Decks & Trim

Mississauga decks and trim are custom deck builders, we also do trim carpentry in the off season. MDT has the experience and values on how a renovation impacts it's customers. John Morrissey has over 25 years experience in carpentry. He and his experienced crew pay special attention to detail and all work is completed to the highest standard. All our decks/fences come with a 10 year warranty on workmanship.
Give us a call to learn more about what MDT can do to make your home your castle.
sales: 647-321-1545 or 647-402-1545