New Depths Underpinning Inc

Reviews for New Depths Underpinning Inc

Tom Voll
Tom Voll

Basement Underpinning and Design Contract including Permit Applications

New Depths helped us plan and design a basement underpinning job including deep excavation, new drains, basement walkout, and radiant flooring install. Great time and care was taken to make sure we understood the process and the options. They handled all the applicable permits and helped us avoid extraneous city fees. They also helped line up estimates for other services such as drain lowering. We eventually decided to change course and sell our home rather than proceed with the plan. Regardless, New Depth's professionalism shone through. They showed us genuine understanding and even reimbursed the unallocated portion of the deposit.

Thanks Tom for your review of my business. Myself and the New Depths Underpinning team were very much looking forward to helping you underpin and lower your basement. That said, I am really excited for you and your family and I wish you all the best on your move. Please let me know if I can ever be of service in the future!
Thank you - Mark & the New Depths Underpinning team

Basement waterproofing & finishing

Mark recently completed our basement waterproofing project, including overseeing the finishing work. It was an excellent experience, very professional from start to finish. The quote was clear and detailed, Mark provided regular ongoing work updates and fast, efficient problem solving for unexpected circumstances. The workspace was kept tidy and safe. The finishing work was also excellent and completed to our specifications. We are very pleased with the end result and highly recommend New Depths.

Thank you so much KC for your review of my business. After demolishing the existing frame walls and pulling up the carpet we found the slab poured as a cold joint to the foundation wall. The narrow perimeter trench we cut into the concrete, plus the new 4" weeper, gravel layer, and interior dampproofing membrane will ensure the renovated space remains dry. We were very happy to help you out.
Thank you - Mark & the New Depths Underpinning team

Vipin in Toronto
Vipin in Toronto

Underpinning & separate entrance

This company and it's owner, Mark are super awesome! I bought a 90 year old house midtown Toronto last year and decided to underpin the 6 ft. high basement to gain more livable space. Got my drawings and permits and started to look for a contractor. Got a few quotes but only Mark invested the time in understanding the full scope and provided details around the separate entrance and new windows that I wanted.
Mikael(the team lead working on my site) and his team are extremely friendly and respectful. They kept the site as clean as possible. All my neighbors were impressed with the cleanliness and care the team exercised throughout the project.
They kept on working during the COVID-19 shutdown (in compliance with govt directive of-course!) since the work involved foundation.
Mark kept us fully updated on all progress & challenges and gave ample notice for any plumbing shutdowns.
The foundation had couple of large cracks (hidden behind insulation) that they found after start of the project but Mark didn't make it a big deal or ask for more money. They took extra effort and great care to work around those cracks.
It was a high $ value project and we were really worried about how it will go. I hate it when a contractor tries to charge more for every excuse after they start work. With Mark, we got NO stress. It was all smooth and at no point did I have any complaints at all. I have experienced more stress dealing with contractors on a 2 day, $3000 project then on this project many times bigger.
If you are looking to get underpinning done, you must check out this company. You will see the difference from first meeting.
We consider ourselves very lucky that we hired this company!

Hi Vipin and thank you so much for your review of my company New Depths Underpinning! The transformation of your basement was really quite remarkable and your new 8ft (plus) ceilings are going to make for a fantastic living space. I am fortunate to have such a hard working and respectful crew, and it means a lot to me that you recognize them directly. Maikel, Rafa, and Jae all spent long hours excavating, forming the underpinning, pouring concrete, hanging new steel columns, and making the substantial repairs required to adjust the existing walkout to accommodate the new basement depth. I am certain you will also enjoy your new infloor hydronics heating system. Your kindness and warm welcome every day were appreciated, and we will miss you, Raj, and your energetic children! If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to reach back out Vipin.
Thanks again.

Nicholas in Toronto
Nicholas in Toronto

Basement Dig out, underpin, bench and walk out

Mark and his team were amazing from start to finish. We had never gone through a large construction project as a family so we didn’t entirely know what to expect. They communicated and managed the entire process from permits to pouring. We’re greatful that they’ve dramatically increased the value of our home and kept the job in line with budget and time. Thank you!

Hi Nick, thanks so much for your review of my business. We hope you have been enjoying your lowered basement and your new walkout! Mark & the New Depths Underpinning Team

mattshems
mattshems

Basement Waterproofing/Slab

Hired New Depths for interior waterproofing and removal/replacement of existing basement slab. As someone who works in the construction industry, I have high standards for all trades I choose to work with. Mark and his team exceeded our expectations at every step, with creative & practical solutions and high-quality workmanship.
Absolutely would recommend to future clients and personal acquaintances.

Matt, thanks so much for your review of my business. We really enjoyed the work at your place and were quite pleased to contribute to the transformation. Looking forward to seeing the new basement when it is finished.

Rosie Pouzar in Toronto
Rosie Pouzar in Toronto

Basement Project

An excellent job, on time, on budget, a lot of communication throughout, presented with options, and the finished product looks great.

Thanks so much Rosie. Underpinning your home presented some unique challenges. The [very] sandy soil meant we took extra care, reduced underpinning section dimensions, and increased # of underpinning sequences... just some of the additional precautions to ensure structural stability of the home throughout the project. The new 20+ft steel flush beam really opened up main room, and I am sure you will enjoy the new hydronic in-floor heating - what a fantastic new space! Thank you again for selecting New Depths Underpinning.

Alex
Alex

Basement Underpinning

If I could give Mark and New Depths more than five stars, I would. Underpinning is a huge job and we took a long time deciding to go with New Depths. Mark is remarkable in that he made us feel relaxed and confident every step of the way. He was organized, on time, and kept us informed about the process and what to expect. He helped us with permits and inspections, and sent us regular reports about what was happening and what was coming next. He hires good and kind people. Everyone was always on time, and was very careful with our house while the work was being done. We always received ample notice for significant happenings like concrete pours and electrical/water shut downs.

By the end of the project, Mark had more than earned our trust and respect. He continues to help us with suggestions and advice as our finishing continues. I would not hesitate to recommend Mark and New Depths to anyone considering an underpinning project.

Last but not least Mark’s positive attitude is helpful, inspirational and contagious.

Alex thank you very much for your positive review of my business. I am fortunate to have a such a conscientious and hard working crew. Maikel, Daryl, Rafael, and Jae all put in long hours excavating, underpinning, hanging new steel columns, dampproofing, installing basement drains, and completing the insulation and hydronic loops for your new infloor heating system. You're doing a great job managing your basement project Alex and I can't wait to see the finished space!
Mark & the New Depths Underpinning Team.

Neil
Neil

Basement Underpinning

We had our basement underpinned by New Depths in spring 2017. Our search started and ended with Mark. We had some prelim pricing on cost, but once we met with Mark, it was clear that he was trustworthy, professional and would do a great job. In fact, we were his first customer!
In terms of the project, Mark did a great job explaining the project, phases and what to expect before we got started. During the project, we met regularly with him to go through progress and he was prompt in raising any key items with us and solutions on how to resolve if needed. Mark was always on top of things throughout the project and worked tirelessly to complete the project. His professionalism and ability to communicate transparently really set him apart from many other “trades” I have worked with. He’s got a great “energy” and I think this is why we had confidence in selecting him. We are really happy with the work from New Depths and have recommended them to others. I’m very happy to see Mark’s business grow in the past three years and am sure these values are what sets him apart from his competition.

Thank you very much Neil. There were many challenges when I started my new business three years ago, but certainly working for you and Anusha on my first project will always be a bright memory. You have created a fantastic new space for your family and I'm so glad I was able to contribute and provide you with a positive renovation experience. Looking forward to staying in touch.
Mark

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto

Basement excavation and underpinning

For three years I agonized over this decision about my basement. I had interviewed several companies and Mark was the last one. He provided the most professional and detailed estimate, explained the entire process from beginning to end and delivered on everything! His crew, workmanship, attention to detail, work ethic and his hands on approach to the entire project was amazing. It was a big job but I would do it again! I missed them when they were finished, really.
Call him before you make your decision.

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind and complimentary feedback. We very much enjoyed working with you on your project and appreciated your patience, thoughtfulness, and how you welcomed us warmly into your home everyday. Your job had some very unique challenges (disposal bin location, uncovering very large underground boulders, super tough soils) but your ongoing support made it all quite manageable. We miss you as well and are hopeful to work with you again in the future!
Mark & the New Depths Underpinning team

Swansea h.
Swansea h.
0 reviews Toronto, BC

Basement renovation and underpinning

Mark and his team were terrific. So organized, detailed and great at communicating what was happening on the project. Just a great team. We’d recommend them highly!!

Thank you for the feedback Cheryl! It was a pleasure working on your basement and we are excited to see the finished space once it is complete. Best regards, Mark Polkinghorne and the New Depths Underpinning team.

More about New Depths Underpinning Inc

New Depths Underpinning Inc provide high quality, reliable and cost competitive basement lowering and underpinning services. This can include engineering design, securing permits, demolition of existing basement, lowering basement, installing beams to open up space, in-floor plumbing and drainage systems, interior damp-proofing, basement walkouts, and more!