Canadian Pro Interlocking

Reviews for Canadian Pro Interlocking

johnbsong in Toronto
johnbsong in Toronto

Bad Contractor

I was meaning to get this review out as soon as I could.

Hey Joe, even though you are a deceptive contractor I still hope this review finds you in good health. You probably though I forgot about you, even though I did not take you to small claims court did not mean you are forgotten.

I hope what I am about to write can save many homeowners from dealing with Joe (Canadian Pro Interlocking)
Me and My neighbour both gave this company a deposit back in Fall of 2020 to put towards paying for the pavers for our property, They were unable to start work that year so we all agreed to start work early Spring of 2021. Joe came by on May 24th, 2021 begun to dig up my driveway and backyard, when I ask about the material he said after the prep work is done then he will schedule for the material to arrive in the next week which is normal. After he drugged up my property and cut off the hand railings on my front porch he disappeared for couple of weeks so I call him to ask what is going on with my job and told me he had emergency work on another other property. He left my driveway unlevel in rough shape and my porch unsafe without railings and no temporary step at the bottom of the porch to use for my 83-year-old elderly mom as now the distance from the last step to the uneven ground is a lot lower for her to reach. A month had has now gone by and he still did not come back.
Every time I call him to ask when he is coming back to finish the prep work and my materials are arriving he would give me an excuse with false dates like next week for sure then it is another week after. At this point I begin to get impatient with him, now he is giving excuses, it is covid, then the supplier truck broke down, by the way his supplier is (GB Stones) for my job. Little did he know that me and my neighbour have been in contact with the supplier to see what the issue was and we were both surprised when they told us Joe did not even put an order in for our pavers to be delivered to our address and they said they had no issue with delivery. Now this is where the relationship ends between me and Joe. (Oh by the way I have the text message between me and Joe as proof, so if anyone wants to read it, contact me).
I was fed up and one day I set up Joe when finally came by after a month and a half later he was across the street at my neighbour’s property starting prep work, I called up Joe's supplier (GB Stone) and had them on the phone and I walk up to Joe and said hey I am on the phone with GB stones they need the details for my order and Joe quickly responded to the sales agent on the other line and said “I already place the order with Ian (owner of Gb sone) and the order is scheduled to arrive next couple of days. He had no idea that my neighbour who’s property he is digging up already spoke to the owner of GB Stones and he confirm that Joe has not paid anything towards the materials and he did not even schedule the materials for my none of our property. From that point on I knew that Joe can not be trusted,.
After a days of thinking things through I confronted Joe and he admitted that he did not pay for the materials and he was in fact stalling time. He ask me and my neighbour to go into GB stone and pay for our materials and he would start the work. I told him why would I go an pay for my materials when I already gave you a $4200 deposit for my materials since 2020. Long story short I fire him and ask for my deposit back,which of course he refused. I ask tried to reason with himthat he can keep a portion of the $4200 deposit for the excavation for my driveway and give me the difference back he still refuse and said excavation can be any price he wants it to be so all the deposit is used up. He even threatens me if I go after him for the deposit he will go after me for more money. I am still wondering to this day what other money can he get from me when I receive no material and no further work was done. He probably thought to himself there were no bad reviews from me on any of the forums for the past 6 months so I must have been scared of him coming after me. “No Joe” life was just too busy and you are not my priority.”

By the way, Joe did end up finishing my neighbour’s yard because my neighbour did not want to lose out on his own deposit and went to GB Stone and paid for all the materials. Now check his out after the job was completed, there were two full skids of material left over and Joe quickly called up GB stone to come and pick up the two full skids for pavers and told my neighbour that that left-over material belongs to Canadian Pro interlocking and this is how they make their profits. What a character, taking leftover material that was paid for by the homeowner and claiming that it rightfully belongs to him. I am not sure why no neighbour did not write a review maybe he is concerned about his warranty but who knows.

Mandi kay in Toronto
Mandi kay in Toronto

positive experience

My experience at Canadian Pro Interlocking was amazing! It was the first time that I met a team that tried their best to accommodate and considered the safety of my parents needs. Joe, Taras and Moe were friendly, knowledgeable and talented. Joe exhibited passion and patience when communicating the guidelines with the condominium board members. He and the team worked collectively to deliver my requests and did beyond what was expected. I had such a positive experience with Joe and the team at Canadian Pro Interlocking that I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone that are interested in upgrading their landscaping and interlocking. Thank you Joe for your extraordinary work. I wish you and the team many successes.

Chris K
Chris K
1 review Bolton, ON

Front patio

Joe, Teres and the boys did a great job. Lots of positive feedback from neighbors and friends. There were some weather delays and material shortages but the end results look great.

Karina in Toronto
Karina in Toronto

Interlocking Brick Walkway, Driveway Boarder And Porch

This company was really professional, timely and a pleasure to work with. We are completely satisfied with the results, the quality of workmanship and visual appeal, and would recommended them without hesitation.

Thank you!

Wiegand in Toronto
Wiegand in Toronto

Stone Steps And Retaining Walls

We had to replace a long stretch of steps on the hilly side of our house as well as wooden retaining walls in our front garden. Big job. I wasn't sure what I wanted and was glad that Canadian Pro Interlocking had ideas from the start. More importantly, we communicated ideas and photos on email, so we both knew we were on the same page. At one point he realized that our hill required more than interlocking stone, which he had first advised, and instead suggested formed steps to avoid shifting from the ground. We depended on his experience and were impressed with his and his crew's hard work. The outside of our house has been transformed. It's gorgeous!

Thank you for the stars! Glad we were able to get this done for you

Jeffrey in Toronto
Jeffrey in Toronto

Flag Stone Patio, Garden Wall, Softscape

Once again an awesome job done by Canadian Pro Interlocking! This was a big job and required the expertise and manpower that Canadian Pro Interlocking is known for! Thanks again Canadian Pro Interlocking!! Highly recommend!

Thank you! Glad we could help

Raquel in Toronto
Raquel in Toronto

Interlock Replacement And Repair

Canadian Pro Interlocking team have once again exceeded our expectations with the interlock around the pool. They were hard working, on time and finished quickly. When the pool company came to do some repairs this spring, the interlock was damaged in sections and they returned to repair their original work free of charge. Thank you again for the great work.

Thank you for the review! We try our best to take care of our customers!

Amy in Toronto
Amy in Toronto

Interlocking Stone || Excellent Experience

Very satisfied for what Canadian Pro Interlocking did. Very creative, professional and hard working team member. Amazing design for my garden. Very very happy. Thanks guys for such an wonderful work.

No problem! Thank you!

Gertrude in Toronto
Gertrude in Toronto

Interlocking

Amazed with Canadian Pro Interlocking teams excellent work. The team were very professional and did an wonderful clean work. No mess around. I recommend Canadian Pro Interlocking and the team. Thanks everyone for a nice job done.

We take pride in our clean up just as much as our installation! Thank you!

Iliana in Toronto
Iliana in Toronto

Backyard Interlocking

Excellent job done by Canadian Pro Interlocking. Very friendly and well organiged team. The job took 4 days to complete. In this work period they are also aware of COVID-19 and always wear masks. In one word - Amazing. Thanks Canadian Pro Interlocking and the team.

Thank you so much! Yes, we know these times have been very difficult to work in, but we made sure we are keeping ourselves and our customers safe and healthy!

More about Canadian Pro Interlocking

Here at Canadian Pro Interlocking we strive to deliver professional interlocking and paver installation within the GTA. Our attention to detail keeps our standards above the bar. We are a family owned business established in 2002 and from the beginning we have always stood strong by our quality.
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Markham?