2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Victoria BC V9A 3M4

2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Reviews for 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I booked a move, for a 2 bedroom, 1000 sqft place. With a 114" couch. They sent a truck with about 6-7 ft of room left. They were supposed to be there 9am showed at 4pm. Sent a second truck. Both trucks to deliver Oct 30th. Its Dec 13th. Showed up Oct 30. Had me pay so would unload. Didnt have all my stuff. I still don't have it and they wont return my calls. That's theft. I've called the RCMP. Maybe they will talk to them

Private User reviews Victoria, BC

Long haul nightmare

Long haul Calgary, AB to Vancouver, BC with a stop in Langley, BC.

If your ideal move is to chase your movers for a delivery date because no one knows where your stuff went; play phone tag for 3 days with multiple employees who pass you off as someone else’s problem; finally secure a delivery date, but have things arrive damaged and broken; get charged DOUBLE what they originally quoted; find out they lost some of your items, and when you notify them, they give you a “We’ll look for it”; then proceed to chase them down for a month, only to have them tell you they can’t find it and will give you $16.80 for your lost items (which was actually around $800 worth) – then this dishonest, hell-hole moving company is for you.

These guys don’t care. Their customer service is pathetic. Their lack of communication between cities is a joke. The incompetence of the staff is laughable. They can’t even accomplish the most basic task of a moving company: deliver your client’s stuff from point A to point B. To say they are unreliable is being generous. You think you’re getting a reasonable quote when you first call. (It’s a trap!) Be prepared to pay double what you were quoted. We were quoted $2000 and ended up paying $4500. They say they “charge by weight” but never show proof of weight. We submitted a claim for our broken and damaged items and have yet to hear back about compensation. I’m just glad I escaped relatively unscathed compared to the other reviews.

If you’re looking for a mover, get a U-Haul or pay extra for a better, more reputable moving company, but stay away from 2 Burley Men.

JP
JP
0 reviews Lantzville, BC

Antique Move

Sean and Charlie moved our precious antique furniture with care and professionalism. From the careful wrapping to the loading and unloading, they were efficient and careful with our beloved items. nice guys too! We would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thx guys!

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

Movers

When we called in to book our move they quoted us 3 movers and around 8hrs for a 2200sqft home. We were told that the total cost for an 8 hour move with tax would be around $1500. To help with cost we moved all the boxes and everything other than furniture in advance on our own so that all your movers had to move was our furniture. We didn't need anything reassembled either (which they promised would be done in the quote). Still the move took 8.25 hours (with the men taking a 45 min break for lunch and 20 min cleanup time in the truck after all the furniture was moved which we had to pay for) and there were charges for 1 hour of travel (which we weren't notified about at booking), charges for fuel, shrink wrap, packing tape etc

After being quoted $1500 total for the move and then moving half the home ourselves we were astounded at the total of $1800.

We called in to complain and were passed around until the woman finally supposed to deal with these matters CHERYL got back to us. She was incredibly rude and condescending saying that a quote means nothing and that they can charge whatever they need to after the move and we can't do anything about it. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE EXPERIENCED WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT BOOK THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR MOVE.

Oh and PS they showed up with a truck that broke down and had to be repaired on our street prior to moving our stuff. They were talking in front of us about how there's no way the truck will make it through the move and then still used it for our move.

AJ in Surrey
AJ in Surrey
0 reviews Surrey, BC

Disgusting Truck Conditions

The movers arrived 2hrs late for our move, they then ranted for the duration of the move about how much they hated their jobs and the branch they were helping out at. The truck from the Langley branch was filled with garbage and trash and my belongings were stored right along side pizza boxes and other crap. They then dropped boxes and broke fragile items due to rushing and over stacking to compensate for their lateness. When I called to complain I was offered 15% off a future move and told they couldn't help me because this was just usual moving stress. 0/10 would not recommend. Awful customer service!

Patricia in Vancouver
Patricia in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Just pay more - don't use a company that already has horrible reviews, it's not worth it.

I hired this company to do a long distance move from Fort St John BC to Vancouver, which qualifies as a long distance move. I was only moving boxes and sports equipment, a few coffee tables, basically no furniture. I chose this company because unlike the others, there was no minimum weight charge so I thought it would be more economical despite having read horrible reviews regarding the service. My timelines were flexible so I hired them despite the horrible reviews regarding picking up and delivering on time.

In a nutshell (incase you don't want to read the whole review) the significant issues here are extreme lack of communication, and a lack of any type of customer service.

I had someone else at the pickup location, and I was at the receiving location (a storage unit), so I gave the company clear instructions and two different contact numbers. I was extremely clear that it was my move, and I was the primary on the account.

I was given a timespan of 4 days in which the pickup would happen, and told that they would be in touch close to the move date for firm up a date/time. They didn't get in touch at all until the day they wanted to pickup, they didn't return my calls or emails trying to figure out when the pickup would happen.

When they came for pickup, only one person showed up, so it was difficult for him and took far longer than it should have. Some of the items were large and heavy. What kind of moving company sends a single person for a move? Anyway, this part didn't bother me so much.

I was told that my delivery would arrive in Vancouver sometime a few weeks later, and that they would be in touch to schedule a delivery. I heard NOTHING from the company for two weeks despite my emails and phone messages left every few days trying to figure out where my stuff was. I made it clear I didn't want my stuff immediately, I just wanted a general idea of when it might arrive. It turns out, they were calling the contact I provided for the pickup instead of me - that person does not answer unknown numbers and they never left messages. Remember - I made it clear that I was the drop off contact and the one paying for the move.

When I was finally contacted, I was informed that my delivery was on a truck and would be delivered that day. I said fine, rearranged my schedule and waited for them to deliver. I received a phone call later on that day saying that their job earlier in the day had run long and they were unable to make it that day. Fine I said, I will check with my storage unit and see if they are available to take shipments tomorrow and if they are, we can do it tomorrow. When I checked with the storage unit, they were not open, so I texted the driver and made arrangements for the day after that. That's when I was informed I would be charged an additional $400 transfer fee because I was unable to receive my shipment when they wanted to deliver it - the day my storage unit was closed.

So because their delivery schedule ran long and they were unable to deliver on that first day, I had to pay an extra $400. I had accommodated very short notice, rearranged my schedule, been incredibly flexible and understanding, and their scheduling issues caused me to pay an extra $400. And yes I paid it.... you have to! They wont unload the truck until you pay (which is completely understandable), but I figured I could speak with them afterwards and get a refund for that $400 since it wasn't due to a scheduling issue on my end. They were not at all understanding, they have no intention of refunding me despite numerous emails back and forth. Their email declining the refund were not rude, but were certainly direct and lacking in any type of nicety.

Just to top it off, when the truck unloaded, there were about 5 items in there that didn't belong to me. The movers in the truck had no idea who they belonged to. By their attitude and response it was clear that this is not at all unusual. Because my stuff is in storage and I haven't been able to go through it yet, I'm left wondering if all my stuff actually made it.

Sarah in
Sarah in
1 review Victoria, BC

Professional and Efficient

Tyrone and his partner, Hubba were extremely professional, very efficient and incredibly easy to work with. While my partner and I were prepared for their arrival, and packed up, it was the easiest move I’ve ever done thanks to their efforts. Both easily navigated some unexpected challenges and were good natured.

As a company, I’ve used Two Burly Men a few times and have always been very satisfied with their service. Will use again for sure.

Private User reviews Galiano Island, BC

The worst experience

I have never dealt with such a disorganized company ever. The quote and communication at first was great. I was moving from Alberta to my home on the island. Movers showed up on the wrong day and I tried to accommodate them. They took so long to load my furniture. In the end they could not fit everything in there truck and called for a second truck. Next day was the earliest they could pick up the remainder. The first truck showed up at my new home 3 days later then planned. The unload was a disaster. Smashed furniture, TV and boxes destroyed. They took for ever and felt like smoking in the truck was way more important. The trash left in the yard was unbelievable. The second part of my load took 5 weeks to finally show up. The driver was great and friendly for the second trip.
Do not use this group for long distance moves. They had out of area fees that they did not state. You are held ransom if you want your furniture.
It is the most disappointing company to deal with and the chance of furniture survive a trip is very unlikely.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto
1 review Malahat, BC

Damages & Disappointed

We hired them to both pack and move our home. The packers were late and showed with no packing paper. I provided my own paper as they were unprepared. They didn't properly protect glass and ceramics so most of my glass goods were broken when I unpacked. They took turns chainsmoking most of the day and I had to ask them to stop smoking in my front entrance with the door open as my son has asthma. They left early and after tHey left I discovered they had only packed half the kitchen and most of the bathroom cupboards were missed also. The move : more damage and disappointment. I chose the most expensive insurance they sold. Several of my furniture items were damaged. They are refusing to take responsibility and reimburse the damaged goods.

DS
DS
1 review Victoria, BC

Don't hire them. You've been warned.

We were quoted that it would cost around $2100 for a move of a 2100 square foot house - because I knew we had a lot of items to move I phoned them the week of our move to confirm with them that we had a “house full of furniture as well as a garage.”

We were rather concerned that nobody came to do an actual estimate of our belongings but we figured that they must know what you were doing.

When the first team of movers arrived, they walked through the house, declared that we had “a lot of stuff” and it was “really big” and then drove away. We received a phone call from your office, moments later, saying that we weren’t ready to move and so the movers were going elsewhere. We tried to explain that we had friends/family coming later in the day to move the items that “weren’t packed yet” because we wanted extra care taken with them, but we were simply told that new movers would come for 1:00.

We then received phone calls explaining that the movers would be there a little late - and then at 2:30 were told they were finally on their way. Ultimately they didn’t arrive until around 3:00. This was extremely frustrating because it meant that the friends/family we had lined up to help us at 4:00 were now “in the way” of the movers. As well, our cleaner who had been asked to come at 4:00 was not able to start her job as very little had actually been moved by 4:00. She ended up working until late in the night to get the cleaning done, as the movers were there until quite late.

Some of the new team of movers did not behave in a professional manner - one was shaking our shelving units (and was actually reprimanded by another mover and told to “act his age”), swearing, playing inappropriate music, speaking rudely to our friends, etc.

Somebody who appeared to be more in charge eventually came, and admitted that there weren’t enough movers for this job and that we wouldn’t be charged any more for the extra hassle/inconvenience of not having things moved in time.

But we were charged $4200- more than two other companies quoted us.

Whatever you do, do not choose these guys. You clearly get what you pay for. Although in our case, we paid double.

More about 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

2 Burley Men Moving is your go-to mover for local and long-distance moves throughout the Lower Mainland and across Western Canada.