Homelectric

Reviews for Homelectric

Don
Don

EV Level 2 Garage Upgrading

After contacting several HomeStars Electricians for advice and quotes, Steven (HOMElectric) was my chosen Master Electrician for this project.
While all the other Electricians were very quick to suggest that I spend $3K-4K+ to 'upgrade my circuit panel of my house 'to accommodate our desire to add EV charging service to our two car garage', Steven was the only Electrician to suggest that my 125Amp house panel may still have capacity. He asked for and showed me how to download a year's worth of use data from https://alectrautilities.com/, our provider. With this data, Steven and the ESA (as they permitted and issued a certificate for Steven's work) said that our desire for two new 50Amp EV Charging circuits was possible. We opted go with two 50Amp circuits versus 40 or 30Amp ones so that we could install a higher capacity EV Level 2 charger. We only intend to use one of these new circuits but decided it was wise to pay for a second circuit now because of all the drywall work involved to run the line through our finished basement). We know that it is likely that we'll want the second charger capability in the years to come. This was all authorized by ESA with our existing 125Amp panel based on our historical usage; saving us thousands and avoiding a service upgrade of a 200Amp panel upgrade that we shouldn't need - but could always still do down the road. Steven also used 'armored' cable - making the cabling very protected in our unfinished garage. Steven and his helper were very polite, very punctual and very clean - cleaning up after themselves each time they visited. (as they came back after offering to repair our drywall too!). I also appreciate that Steven was very tolerant of all my questions. I always like to understand the rationale and how things work and why. Exclusive of Tax and ESA Permits; Steven's work was very good value for us. Thank you.

Hi Don, Thank you for your great review. Client interests are always our first priority. If there is a possibility we will always make the best solution for it.

Panel upgrade, EV charger, and outdoor work

I hired Steven to run a dedicated EV line to my detached garage and to upgrade my panel from 100-200 in my older home.

Of all the tradesmen I've hired, he was the most professional, most responsive, most insightful in problem solving, and most conscientious. Ever feel like you're getting chided or shouted at by a tradesman? Steven is the exact opposite.

The panel work was done very well - on time, elegantly, and he liaised well with Hydro. And it was competitively priced, done on time, with a very little mess.

He provided good advice on making a suitable trench the 45 feet to the garage for the EV line, and where the trench might have been a tad shallow, he problem solved as needed. This work was less expensive than others I had quote.

In the course of things, we expanded the work a bit, which he was gracious about and very accommodating. He fixed some ongoing issues from a previous owner where other electricians weren't interested - it was constantly shorting and tripping the circuit. We ran a new power line for lighting, he put in three outdoor GFCIs, fixed three outdoor light fixture lines, several issues inside - he had to mostly rewire the old set up in the garage due to a previous owners' imperfect handiwork.

I've already recommended him to two other folks. Great work, fair price, superb service.

Bluebird Storage Esandar
Bluebird Storage Esandar

Commercial fixtures

Quick response, timely repairs, reasonable costs. I will use them again and have forwarded their info to fellow business locations

Thank you for the great reviews. Happy to help your electric needs in the future.

Thornhiller
Thornhiller

Three Small Jobs

Steven arrived the day after I called asking him to fix two switches and a doorbell. He did one of the jobs then and returned the next day with parts needed and completed the job. He charged a reasonable flat rate plus parts and tax. He was friendly and efficient. I would recommend Homelectric.

Thank you for the great review. Happy to serve you again in the future for your electrical needs.

Tim L
Tim L
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Fixed issue with bad neutral wire

Homelectric responded to my service request, and unlike other electricians, they actually showed up when they said they would, and did a great job. The power went out in two of my bedrooms and a bath. No breakers were tripped. Turned out to be a neutral wire that actually burned up to some extent. He found out the cause and recommended ways to avoid it in the future. Professional and courteous. I will definitely be calling them again for anything electrical.

Tim, Thank you for the great review. We always believed safety is the first priority no matter the size of the job.

Numerous small jobs

Steven did quite a lot of work for me last year. One of the new 10-yr guaranteed pot lights burned out. Within 3 business days Steven was back to completely replace the light, no questions asked, and voluntarily did two other jobs for free for me at the same time.
He is very prompt in replying to requests, kind and generous in billing. All was done to more than my satisfaction in a very short time. I wish all professional service providers would be so easy and pleasant to deal with. Get those niggly electrical odd jobs done now!

Thank you for making a great review for us again. We always believe that making our customers happy will make us happy in our life careers.

Ajit
Ajit
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Full House Electrical Renovation

Recently completed a full house renovation including wall removal and layout changes. After getting a few different electrical contractor for the job I ended up going with Steven and I couldn’t be happier with the quality of work, professionalism and service he provided. We had a lot of surprises comes up along the way during the job but Steven worked with us through each hurdle and provided great response times with very fair market pricing for his services. Very easy to work with, good pricing, quality work and reliable for scheduling work. He’s got a top spot in my contact book for future work as a result.

Thank you, Ajit, for the great reviews. I always believe that works together with surprises and hard times will make us stronger and have a great lesson to be more successful. It is my pleasure to have a great customer like you.

MattN
MattN

whole house rewiring and electrical work

I contacted Homelectric for assistance with removal of knob and tube wiring in an older home, rewiring, fuse panel replacement, and installation of new light fixtures, electrical outlets, and kitchen and bathroom vents. Steven provided a timely quote and a draft agreement that clearly set out the terms of the work requested and pricing. Work started promptly and was completed efficiently. Steven and his team were helpful and professional. They were also very patient when I made additional requests. They responded quickly and got the job done. I am very satisfied with the completed work. Steven also did an excellent job of communicating exactly what would be done and advising how much it would cost. This greatly reduced the stress involved with the renovation. Overall, I would highly recommend Homelectric because of their professionalism and clear communication.

Thank you for the great review, it is our pleasure to serve great customers like you, and I am happy to serve you again for your electric needs in the future.

Dan in Downtown Toronto
Dan in Downtown Toronto

They do great work

Steven and his crew rewired our house, replacing the knob and tube wiring, and upgraded it to 200 amp service. They did great work, and were very receptive to changes and to fixing minor problems that arose.

They did quality work, and clearly explained what code was and what changes we needed to make to our plans to meet it. Their prices were very reasonable and I would strongly recommend them.

Thank you Dan, I will pass those words to my team. Glad you are satisfied with our work even it is taking longer than usual as we need to patch those holes also. Happy to serve you again in the future for your electrical needs.

Solomon in Toronto
Solomon in Toronto

Wired outbuilding, smart doorbell, etc.

Steven at Homelectric is friendly, competent and professional. He wired up my backyard studio shed/outbuilding, adding several interior outlets and an exterior outlet, as well as interior and soffit LED pot lighting.

Additionally, Steven added a couple of desperately needed outlets to the interior of my fairly old (built 1908) downtown T.O. home, relocated an exterior motion-sensing security light, and installed a smart doorbell.

Everything is operating perfectly, and I am very pleased with the results.

From small electrical jobs (installing an outlet) to larger jobs (wiring/rewiring an entire house), Homelectric's pricing structure is very fair and represents a solid value. Highly recommended - thanks, Steven!

S. Elder, Toronto

Thank you for the great reviews. Our pleasure to serve you for your electrical needs.

More about Homelectric

Welcome to HOMElectric. We offer full electrical services,such as: knob and tube replacement, Aluminum replacement, new or old house rewiring to residential customers in the Toronto (GTA) and surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule your appointment. We look forward to working with you.