Irwin Heating & Cooling

Toronto ON M6B 1M2

Reviews for Irwin Heating & Cooling

Furnace Maintenance

Giancarlo was the best person I have ever hired to do Furnace Maintenance. Scheduling was easy the service was fantastic and the cost was fair. Would recommend to anyone. have already scheduled my AC Maintenance.

Hi Marco,

It was my pleasure! You and your family were very nice people and I'm glad I could help keep your HVAC equipment in top shape.

Kindly,

Tyler in Toronto
Tyler in Toronto

Piping for meter move

Enbridge moved my gas meter to a new, more accessible location and I needed to arrange for the supply piping to be installed behind the meter. They didn't give the full instructions on what needed to be done though, and Giancarlo was extremely helpful in taking the time and obtaining the necessary materials to do the job, which was more than he or I expected based on Enbridge's instructions. Not all materials were available the first day and it was very cold, but Giancarlo went out of his way to bring me his own space heaters to help with the temperature while the main gas line was disconnected overnight. He was very friendly and I appreciate all the extra time and effort he put in to help. I would definitely recommend him!

Hi Tyler,

Thank you so much for your 10 star review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm glad we were able to get you heat again quickly.

Kindly,

Daniel
Daniel

Complete HVAC services on 4 unit property

Giancarlo handled a complete HVAC build for a 4 unit rental property. Not only were he and his team great communicators, but they helped us make decisions regarding the build. He installed a boilers over 12 rads and 5 heatpumps. He was always ontime, professional and his work is immaculate. I highly recommend Giancarlo for all HVAC needs and look forward to using Irwin Heating and Cooling again.

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for your kind review! It was a pleasure working with you and helping you realize the ambitions of your plans! Good luck and we look forward to working with you in the future

-Irwin Heating & Cooling

Matt R in Mississauga
Matt R in Mississauga

Furnace repair

Our furnace wasn't working and Giancarlo was quick to come and diagnose the issue. He explained the technical aspects of what was occurring and recommended a fix that didn't require a full furnace replacement despite the age of our furnace. Other companies had pushed us to do a full replacement without explaining the issues that were present but Giancarlo made it clear what needed to be repaired and what was still running well so we could make an informed decision on how to proceed. He was also very flexible with scheduling. We'd happily recommend Irwin and Giancarlo to anyone!

Thank you so much for your kind review Matt! We were glad to be able to get your system running in top shape.

-Irwin Heating and Cooling

Furnace maintenance

Giancarlo came highly recommended and I hired him to do maintenance on our 2 furnaces in our duplex, along with the work required to getting the furnaces up to code. Unlike the other company I had previously hired (who only did a quick 10 min check and replaced filters), Giancarlo did a thorough inspection and clean to the 2 furnace units. To say he went over and beyond is an understatement. He showed up on time, was very knowledgeable about answering our questions and was a pleasure to deal with. I'm going to be booking him again this year.

Thank you so much! We're happy to help keep your heating equipment in top shape.

- Irwin Heating and Cooling

AlieH
AlieH

Gas line removal

Giancarlo was very quick in responding to our request to remove an old gas line from our property. He came back twice to ensure all gas was disconnected safely. Fair pricing too.

It was a pleasure working with you both, good luck on all your future plans!

-Giancarlo

Joho74 in
Joho74 in

Mini-split a/c installation

Giancarlo was very professional and friendly throughout the process of getting an estimate, and during the installation of our units. He did his best to work with my specific requests, and our new units work very well.

Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed working with you to ensure that you have the cooling you needed with a Mitsubishi ductless system. We'd be pleased to work with you again in the future.

Irwin Heating & Cooling

Exhaust re-routing

Giancarlo was great! Helpful, prompt, professional and pleasure to work with. I highly recommend him.

It was a pleasure working with you! Good luck with all the upgrades that you are planning.

- Giancarlo, Irwin Heating & Cooling

Mark
Mark

Replace A/C unit - Attic Installation

Previous unit was 26 years old. Entire system needed to be replaced, including all duct work in attic. Giancarlo was very responsive, always took time to explain what he was doing and when, and approximately how long it would take to complete. This was a very challenging job but am very happy with the final outcome - particularly enjoying my new A/C on this first hot day in Toronto! I would highly recommend Giancarlo and his team to get the job done right, efficiently and cost-effectively.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your kind review! We were happy to work with you to customize the system to your needs and happy we could complete it in time for the warm weather.

647.354.7201

adamson.extra
adamson.extra
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Installed Rheem Hybrid Electric Water Heater, which uses air-source heat exchange

Giancarlo removed my existing gas water heater and installed a new Rheem Hybrid Electric Water Heater. They also improved the exhaust piping for the furnace creating a new pipe from the furnace through the basement wall to the outdoors, and they cleaned the furnace when everything was done.

I was finding it a challenge to find a contractor who had experience installing Rheem Hybrid Electric Water Heaters. This water heater is available at Home Depot in Canada but is relatively new to the Canadian marketplace. It uses air-source heat exchange to markedly improve energy efficiency (it is about 4x more efficient than standard electric water heaters). It has electric heating elements that can be used to speed up water heating if required (hence "hybrid"). I specifically wanted a contractor familiar with this technology to ensure it was installed properly, and so that if I have any problems I have someone knowledgeable who can help service and maintain it.

Giancarlo was prompt in supplying a quote, answering emails, booking appointments, and came to do the work right on time on the date it was booked. He helpfully picked up the water heater from Home Depot and stored it until the installation date. He also very helpfully took the old gas water heater to the Enbridge dropoff depot for me when they were done. He was congenial and professional, and a pleasure to work with.

He was also very good at explaining what he was doing and why, and how it all worked. He cleaned everything up when he was done and everything is working perfectly. So I am very pleased with the job.

My only reservation is that for the first bit of work he did, we had a bit of miscommunication or something. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. So I mentioned that to him. After that he was very careful to discuss his plans, and to check with me to make sure I agreed before doing things that were major (e.g. location of piping, location of tank, etc).

I would highly recommend him to others. (And I would highly recommend the Rheem Hybrid Electric Water Heater - it works great!)

NOTE: The approximate cost of $4500 includes HST and the cost of the water heater ($2200 + HST)

It was a pleasure working with you! We are very glad that your unique hot water tank is working well and we are on hand for any maintenance issues.

647.354.7201