West Coast Windows

Reviews for West Coast Windows

George M
George M
1 review Richmond, BC

New windows and patio door

It was a pleasure to work with Nick (sales consultant) and Tracy (installation coordinator) to get this project planned and done. All scheduled appointments and the installation proceeded on schedule. Our installers, TJ and his helper, were efficient and we were particularly pleased as the day wound down that they continued to be meticulous in their final fit and finishing work, as well as thorough with the site cleanup. We are pleased with the finished product. Our living room area and bedroom are noticeably quieter from the road noise from the adjacent busy city street. We certainly recommend West Coast Windows to anyone looking to replace windows or patio doors!

Hi George,

Thanks for your review and we will be sure to share it with Nick, Tracy, TJ and everyone else on our team that were involved.

J.L.
J.L.
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Window replacement

West Coast Windows replaced the windows and sliding glass doors in a rental duplex that I own. They did a fantastic and efficient job. I live in a different city, so I had to deal with them through telephone and email. I had no problems at all with communication. There were a few little glitches since I was not actually on site for the assessment and installation, but they addressed them in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Thanks for your review and we're glad that we were able to satisfy your expectation remotely.

Private User reviews West Vancouver, BC

Replacement of rotted wooden windows

West Coast replaced 15 old, rotted wooden frame windows with new vinyl ones. We are very pleased with the result.
Nick, the estimator, listened to our concerns, gave advice on the most suitable for the location and the quote was in the range of others we had received. At the end of the week's project there were no unexpected charges or extras.
As for the installer, he was great, as were his crew. They were punctual , hardworking and efficient. Their experience showed. At the end of each day they made sure the work area was tidied and cleared. We would have no hesitation in recommending West Coast They were great!

Thank you so much for these kind words, we will make sure Nick and all the others hear them!

dave
dave
1 review Mission, BC

doors and windows

Great product. It's getting cold outside and the new doors and windows
far surpass the old ones. I wish we had put them in when we moved. House is nice and cozy. Bonus- heating bill has gone down ! They look fantastic, highly recommended.

Thanks for the kind words Dave, we're so glad to hear you're happy with the windows and doors!

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Estimator measured wrong

I had initially measured the windows myself just so that I can get quotes to get a good idea of how much I should set my budget. After visiting several showrooms, we settled on West Coast Windows for their build quality. I called West Coast to send over someone to do the final measurements before placing the order. I watched as he just measured the inside of the window frame. We couldn't wait until November to have them install it as they were backlogged and it was into the rainy season. Instead I got my siding contractor to do that for us. Our siding project started at the end of September and the weather was perfect. When we received our shipment 2 weeks later, my siding guy tried installing the first window and found a gap of 1.5" all around the frame! The flanges had nothing to nail to as 9 out of 10 windows were smaller than the rough opening! The 10th window was 1/4” too long. The West Coast Window estimator that measured the windows did not warn us that this was going to happen! We thought that since he did the final measurements that he would add a bit extra to the dimensions to compensate for the frame. We called West Coast Windows and they immediately scheduled the same estimator to come take a look. His explanation was that he thought that we were going to reuse the old window frames. He said that he did a "conservative" measurement and that there should be some expectation of necessary adjustments. I wished he had asked me more questions about our expectations during the measurement process. We had no options after being left high and dry so we made the executive decision to go ahead with what we were given. No offer of compensation after it costed me extra labour to pay my siding contractor to fill in all of the gaps so that the windows fit. My wife and I are very upset from the whole experience.

I'm sorry to hear of this issue and the extra costs you had to incur. It looks as though our estimator was advised that your interior wood liners were to remain in-place which is the common practice for replacement windows so that you don't need to re-build the interior. This is the reason that the new windows are smaller as they were designed and measured to fit inside your finished opening and note the rough opening with these finishes removed. I know that our estimator came over to look at the issue the same day you called in and from what I understand, the two of you discussed this and were okay with the logic behind the sizing. We have not heard anything from you since this day and assumed that the issue was rectified. I wish you would have contacted us sooner if you were still unhappy as we could have tried to work with you and your siding contractor on a solution. I hope that once finished, you love your new windows for many years to come.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Window Replacements

I have had West Coast windows replace all of the windows in my house over the past 15 years. Each time, the windows have been excellent, the installers prompt and professional, and the service experience very pleasant. I would recommend them to anyone.

Hi There,

Thanks for the great review and for your business over the years!

MCW
MCW
2 reviews Surrey, ON

Windows look fantastic. The team was great. Would always recommend. We did ours in 3 phases and always used West Coast.

We did about 19 windows including some very large ones... No regrets, would hire them again. Clean, tidy always showed up on time and didn't make us wait. Windows were ready when we were told they would be.

Hi there, thanks for your kind words! We will be passing them along to our team!

Krista in New Westminster
Krista in New Westminster

Queens Park Heritage Home

Our whole experience was excellent! After the free in home estimate we were truly glad we went with West Coast Windows. There was no pressure and we felt very comfortable with Nicholas in our home. From the initial phone call to the email exchanges - all communication was timely and appreciated. The crew was professional, courteous, clean, punctual and fast with great attention to detail. Not to mention the windows look fantastic! I will happily recommend this company to friends, family and neighbours. Thank you, Nicholas! Great job!
Krista from Queens Park, New Westminster

Hi Krista, we're so happy to hear about your great experience with our team! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Nicholas!

Gary in Vancouver
Gary in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Window replacement

Wow, what an amazing experience we had with West Coast Windows!

We recently moved into a wonderful older house that unfortunately had terrible windows. It was costing us a small fortune running the heaters nonstop to keep from freezing, so we knew we had to look at upgrading. Now that the project is complete, we’re so happy that we selected West Coast Windows to do the work for us. Every step along the way from first contact to final cleanup we were treated with courtesy, respect and friendly professionalism.

It was a daunting project to undertake, as the house is quite large and our budget was limited. Will was our first contact as he came to do the initial measurements and work up the quote. An extremely cordial, good-natured man he understood our situation, gave a clear explanation of the upgrades and gave us the simplest solution to maximize the amount of replacements we could do. We definitely appreciated not having any difficult choices to make and Will giving us the best price possible for our needs.

Raquel took over from there and was so patient and responsive to us as we tweaked the package until we were able to decide on the final scope. Tracy was fantastic in scheduling the work, giving us a much earlier timeline than we were expecting and letting us know how to prepare for the installation.

And Eugene and his crew, wow what can I say. Everything we could have hoped for… knowledgeable and experienced, courteous and friendly, efficient, worked extremely well together and just did impeccable work. They also tidied up at the end of each day and left the property nice and clean at the conclusion. Just a great group of guys, we feel very fortunate to have had them do our work.

The end result has far exceeded our expectations. It looks fabulous and completely transformed the feel of our home. It’s so much warmer and quieter inside and we’ve already seen a drastic drop in our heating costs. We couldn’t possibly be any happier.

Thanks so much everyone, easy 10 out of 10 from us!

Hi Gary, we're so glad we were able to help with your home, and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with our team!

Carly in Langley
Carly in Langley
1 review Langley City, BC

Chipped & Scratched Painted Windows

I would not recommend West Coast Windows (WWC) to anyone looking for painted windows in their home. We contracted WWC to replace the windows in our older home with painted charcoal windows - both on the inside and the outside. Prior to signing our agreement, we specifically raised a concern regarding the interior paint scratching with our sales rep Jason. We were told by Jason and the owner’s son, Brock, that the paint would not peel or chip and that it was a solid manufacturing process that they had been doing for over 8 years with no issues. We trusted their word after our realtor had cautioned us about seeing painted windows with chips and scratches in other homes. Immediately after installation, we found over 40 chips, scratches and deficiencies with the paint on our windows - both on the inside and the outside of our home (see attached photos). The installation was done in January, so we hadn’t even opened or touched any of the windows. What was even worse was the way WWC and specifically Brock dealt with our situation. We had to follow up several times with them to get them to even acknowledge our concern. After asking Brock to personally come out to see the extent of the problem, he told us he was very busy and that he would send a technician named Andy out. Andy came out with touch up paint to mask all of the damaged areas and replace the tracks. Andy told us that the tracks are known to get scratched and that he sees this all the time. He told us he would not put painted windows on the inside of his own home for this reason! He asked if our sales rep had told us this, which we responded no, and he shook his head. We informed WWC we were unsatisfied with their installation and touch-up job, but they did not care. They told us that the windows should only look good from 10 feet away...They also claimed that their team had “executed it well”.
We spent over $47,000 replacing the windows on our home with WWC and this is what they think “executed well” looks like? We are completely disappointed with both their product and the service side of things. WWC over promised during the sales process, and under delivered with their product. If these photos are what our windows look like immediately after installation, how do you expect people to believe that your windows will hold up for 20 years? Brock even mentioned that this was unusual for it to happen. What a terrible experience and i’m ashamed this company is able to operate in this fashion. I hope this review helps anyone considering painted windows to reconsider working with WWC.

Hi Carly,

West Coast Windows is sorry that you had a negative experience with your window renovation. Customer service and installing quality windows are our top priorities which is why we have remained one of the Lower Mainland’s most reputable window and door brands for over 44 years.
We feel it is important to note that the photos you have shared in your review are prior to us coming back to address your issues. We came back and touched up all knicks or damage to the interior paint even though you were fully aware that interior paint on sliding windows do not come with a warranty. Our service technician went through every window with you to make sure you were happy with his work. You advised you were pleased and then posted photos of the issues prior to him coming out.

We hope in-time you will love your windows due to the energy efficiency, safety and visual upgrade it brings to your home.
Regards.

More about West Coast Windows

Since 1976, our standards have been the same as your expectations – high. We build them, we install them and we warranty them. Designed for our unique West Coast climate, using LoE3 glass, argon gas and uPVC vinyl frame. Two generations of family pride and expertise go into every window.