2 Lansing Square Toronto ON M2J 4P8

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 9 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 9 times
Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Robert in Simcoe
Robert in Simcoe
1 review SIMCOE, ON

WORKED ON OUR FURNACE

We had got work done to our furnace with Reliance Home Comfort. We were happy that they were friendly with courtesy service. Would recommend Reliance Home Comfort to our family and friends!

So glad to hear this Robert. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. RM

Adele
Adele
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Hot Water Tank Replacement

One day all of a sudden we didn’t have any hot water at home. I called Reliance and they sent a contractor the next day to investigate. The contractor said the hot water tank has to be replaced because is old (we have been renting it for about 10 yrs.), but the vent has to be changed as well because of the code laws and we will have to bear the costs. The contractor had to report this to reliance and someone else was to come three days later. The person came to replace the water tank and the vent, but due to the type of our unit (I live in a townhouse) he said that the ceiling of my garage had to be opened up and remove the venting pipe. The contractor was only going to open it up, but not fix it after words. Obviously we had to pay for his work, because only the replacement of the tank was covered by reliance. My father who is an engineer, did not agree with the contractor that the ceiling had to be opened up, and the guy left. So after one week we were still with no hot water at home, and had to pay all these costs to have the tank replaced. I should stress that this was the very first time we ever called reliance about issues with the water heater. I’m still asking myself what was the purpose of renting the unit in the first place, when the very first time we require a service from reliance our costs are why higher than we ever thought. We are now looking at other sources, either to buy our own tank or rent it from another company.

Adele, if you could please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com I would like to investigate this particular situation with our Operations team. I apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to have someone contact you in order to follow up on this issue. Thank you. RM

2 reviews LAKESHORE, ON

Leaky Hot Water Tank

Thank you reliance for your quick response in making things good with my Hot water tank problem. your promt reply and phone call to keep a long term customer happy are much appreciated

I'm so glad we were able to resolve this issue for you Mary. Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and share your thoughts. RM

2 reviews LAKESHORE, ON

Leaky Hot Water Tank

Hot water tank flooded my basement floor so called Reliance (first call i have made to them in 12 years of renting) they set up a technician to come out the next day who came and told me that the tank needs to be replaced. They will cover the replacement tank as my unit was rental but he told me that the vent has to be replaced too because because of the code laws and i will have to bear the cost or $180.. I have paid for 12 yrs of service without any call outs or cost to reliance and when i need a new tank they cannot fit it with proper venting! I would have gladly paid for another 12 years of rental if the tank had been installed without me footing the bill for the pipework! but I am now looking at other sources tomorrow morning to buy my own tank and have it installed. I will be dropping my old tank off at reliance by the end of the week and be ending my 12 year comittment.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this issue Mary and would like to lend a hand. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more info and I will gladly look into this further. Thanks. RM

Phillips in Terra cotta
Phillips in Terra cotta
1 review TERRA COTTA, ON

Hot Water Tank Renter

We bought a brand new home, where the builder made a deal with Reliance for the the tanks. We are in a group of 6 homes, and so far 3 homes have had the same problems happen with these tanks. Reliance is so unorganized is providing service to the tank. I went 4 days without hot water because they never put our phone number on the work order to the service company. I demanded to be let out of this contract and they informed me of all the charges upon charges to be released. I was told I would be given a credit on the account for a billing cycle, then I receive in the the mail a charge for the service call. I am sorry but apologies in this instance, just won't cut it!!

If you could please contact me directly at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com, I will gladly look into this issue further. I apologize for the negative experience and will be sure to follow up regarding your billing issue. Thanks. RM

Tatiana in Waterloo
Tatiana in Waterloo
3 reviews WATERLOO, ON

Furnace repair

Our old furnace broke in October when the first cold days arrived. We've called Reliance customer support and they booked an appointment for us for the next day (~in 15 hours). We were lucky it happened in October when it was 0 and not in January. Other than that we were happy with the knowledgeable technician, who spent a lot of time with cleaning and fixing our furnace. The winter is over and our 25 year old furnace did not fail at all during the winter. Thanks for the good service.

We appreaciate you taking the time to share your experience Tatiana. Thanks very much. RM

Gord Brigmohan in Cambridge
Gord Brigmohan in Cambridge
1 review CAMBRIDGE, ON

water heater rental

Second water heater blow up in 7 years.
Bought a pan for the new heater and installed with no problem,but no connection pipe/ hose from drain pan to my house drain
No help from Reliance to get a hose, whic i want to pay for.
Told to go and buy one from a hardware store
What is the use of purchasing A PAN WITH NO HOSE, SAME CAN HAPPEN AGAIN, FLOOD BASEMENT

Sorry to hear this Gord. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will do my best to assist with this issue. Thanks. RM

Randy in Kitchener
Randy in Kitchener
1 review DUNNVILLE, ON

Reliance Home Comfort

We were happy to see Reliance Home Comfort was dependable. Their work was good quality. The fact they cover their shoes with plastic was nice to see.
We would use Reliance Home Comfort in the future!

Thanks for taking the time to share the kind words Randy. We greatly appreciate it. RM

Karen in Delawar
Karen in Delawar
1 review DELAWARE, ON

Reliance Home Comfort

We find Home Reliance Comfort when we call, they arrive quickly. Last time I called I had to ask for a bit of advice and I found they were very helpful. We are very satisfied and would recommend Reliance Home Comfort to our friends and family!

We thank you for taking the time to share the kind words Karen. We greatly appreciate it. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort

At Reliance, the safety and well-being of both our Customers and our Team Members is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. We have implemented strict safety protocols to provide both our Customers and Team members with peace of mind during this challenging time. We continue to provide the exceptional customer experiences we are synonymous for and want you to know that we are here for you when you need us.

888-837-1451 is a TOLL FREE No., please feel free to contact!!