Your Home Electricians

Formerly AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.
Electricians

Reviews for Your Home Electricians

Joseph from Toronto
Joseph from Toronto

Knob and Tube replacement

We got a few quotes and had not read anything on Homestars. We decided on AC Electrical because of the courteous and forthright manner of their staff. Everything was documented and explained to us to our satisfaction before any work began. When the job was worked on, Jim, Tim and Steve were great. Even the neighbours commented on their pleasant natures. There was not a single thing I can find to complain about. The work was done on time and at a similar, if not lower price than other companies quoted. The best feature for us having a young family was that the guys did a thorough cleaning of the work areas everyday before leaving!! I will not hesitate to recommend or use them again. Top notch service from beginning to end. Thank you so much AC Electrical!!

AC Electrical is delighted to have achieved its goal of providing exceptional service. We must be accountable for our work and being reviewed by our clients on HomeStars helps us do just that. We go one step further and guarantee every repair or installation that we do, assuring not only quality workmanship but also the safest and most up to date installation possible. Our happy clients have kept us in business for over 20 years and paying attention to details like respecting their homes by keeping them as clean as we can during a rewire is our priority. After all, we acknowledge that we are guests in every home that we visit!

Leroy in East York
Leroy in East York
6 reviews East York, ON

repair ceiling box and install fixture

Excellent service. I botched installing a ceiling light and thought I needed a breaker replaced. A serviceman was here in an hour, diagnosed the problem quickly (it wasn't breaker), and then fixed it and installed my ceiling fixture. He was really helpful and polite and answered all my questions and actually taught me a bit. I'll absolutely call this company again in the future.

Thank you for your review Leroy, we appreciate your business and look forward to serving your electrical needs again in the future.

Esther in Leaside
Esther in Leaside
2 reviews East York, ON

Installation of new circuit for outdoor receptacle plus installation of recepticle and replacement of light fixture

The service was prompt, competent and friendly. They even came back to cover some exposed electrical cables without additional cost. I was very happy with all aspects of their work although I found it very expensive.

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your experience with us Esther. It is very important to us what our clients think, as we are aiming to be the best in our field and are constantly seeking for ways to improve. We are pleased that you were happy with the electrical work done.

Don in Mississauga
Don in Mississauga

Install electrical sockets

I needed two outlets installed in the ceiling in the garage. There are already outlets there and the ceiling is unfurnished (easy access). I picked AC due to Homestars reviews. After paying for the $60 "travel fee" for them to provide a quote, I was given different quotes for each outlet. I decided to proceed with the one (cheaper) outlet since I was going to pay the $60 anyway. The electrician seemed to do a careful job although one ceiling light was left dangling and not properly reinstalled. My main concern is the pricing for such a small job was $550. This included being charged $60 for less than $10 in parts, plus $120 for a permit which is the first time I've been asked for that. I've decided to look around for another quote for the other outlet to ensure I'm getting good value for the work.

Don, we appreciate that you picked AC Electrical to install your receptacle based on what you read from our many happy customer reviews on HomeStars. AC Electrical treats clients fairly and is always upfront with all costs associated with any project. Each client is given a clear breakdown of the pricing before any work is done and can decide to go ahead with the work proposed or to decline any work offered by the electrician.
We also understand how at first glance $550.00 can seem like a lot of money for the installation of a receptacle but upon looking at the details of the job and the costs associated with doing that job; we feel the pricing is clear and fair.
The $59.00 travel fee gets a licensed electrician to your door with a huge, fully stocked truck ready to perform any repair to your electrical system on the spot. This nominal charge allows us to respect your time by eliminating the need of multiple service calls for a single repair while helping our company compensate for some of the overhead costs associated with bringing efficient service to our clients.
The $249.00 fee is charged for the installation of an additional receptacle to an existing circuit and $59.00 is charged for a new device. Our electricians are licensed, highly trained and skilled, making most installations appear relatively easy; but there is always more to consider than just adding a piece of wire in an open ceiling and a plug to a box. The electrician’s responsibility is to provide a safe installation for you and your family. They utilize their expertise, training and many years of experience to consider the safety of every electrical system that they alter. He/she must also guarantee compliance to all pertinent codes listed in the Ontario Electrical Safety Code book which includes determining the load of the existing circuit, the load of the new device that will be added to the circuit, the size and type of wire to use the size and type of the new device box etcetera. The price quoted covers all of the above.
The $119.00 permit fee is for a mandatory application to the Electrical Safety Authority for inspection in accordance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code 24th Edition Section 2, rule 2-004. It ensures all electrical installations done by our company comply with all pertinent safety codes making the installation safe. Most importantly, it protects you and your family from unqualified individuals carrying out sub-standard work which may pose a fire hazard. Any reputable contractor will insist on a permit and it is the law.
As for the HST, the $63.18 charged on your invoice is also mandatory and unfortunately AC Electrical is not exempt from adding it to the price.
AC Electrical stands behind all of its work and unconditionally guarantees every installation.

Jordan & Nathalie in Etobicoke
Jordan & Nathalie in Etobicoke

Electrical - check breaker panel & repair all electrical for dryer

We are very happy to have found AC Electrical - my voicemail to them was promptly returned and a technician was available the same day, and was even 15 min early. Jim was great - professional & efficient but also personable as well. We are so happy to finally have a working dryer not to mention reassurance that our electrical panel is in fine working (i.e. safe!) order. We'll be using AC Electrical exclusively in the future for all electrical projects & service.

Thank you for the great review Jordan and Nathalie! It’s always uplifting and rewarding to know that our electricians made 1 more home safer. At AC Electrical, your satisfaction is our satisfaction and we hope to continue providing you with great service in the future.

Resident in Mississauga
Resident in Mississauga

Electrical outlet and cable outlets

AC Electrical is a fantastic company to work with, from your initial call, to scheduling the technician, to upfront quoting (no hassles), and getting the work done efficiently and professionally.

I would definitely call AC Electrical back for my future needs!

Also - Joey was our technician - and he did a great job and explained everything before starting any of the work.

Dear Resident in Mississauga,
We appreciate your feedback on the work done by Joey. We try to keep things simple and straight forward by letting each client know the price before we do any work. AC Electrical hires licensed electricians to do our service work and offer extensive training to them on an ongoing basis. We believe this enables the highest potential for each employee while providing the best solutions for our clients. Joey is one of our senior electricians and with his skill and training, it is easy for us to guarantee every installation that he or any of our other electricians perform. Thank you once again for choosing AC Electrical to service your electrical needs.

albert le in Toronto
albert le in Toronto

Air Conditioning

Excellent quick service. They are very kind and understanding, and provide a cheap and affordable service. I will definitely recommend this to anyone in need of this kind of service.

Thank you Albert Le for your comments. We have several service electricians and this helps us provide quick service to our clients. Thank you for your comments.

VT
VT
1 review York, ON

Electrical work

Jim was very professional. I liked how he called ahead of time to let me know approximately when he would be arriving. And he was on time. He was thorough and explained things well and cleaned up when he finished.

Thanks for your comments VT. Jim has been with this company a long time and being thorough is in his nature. He, like every electrician always thinks of providing the best customer service possible and calling ahead of time to let clients know what time he would be arriving, and cleaning up after the job is done is simply part of AC Electrical quest for great customer service. Thank you for allowing AC Electrical to be your choice of electrical service provider.

Don     Deer Park
Don Deer Park
1 review TORONTO, ON

Change light fixtures

I found dealing with the company pleasant and helpful. The work was done efficiently and correctly. I would certainly recommend them to my friends.I intend to continue to use them in the future.

Thanks for being one of our many repeat clients Don. AC Electrical uses the upfront, “Straight Forward Price Guide”® to determine our competitive pricing. There are no hidden costs and every charge is in writing, explained and approved by our clients, before any work is done. AC Electrical then backs all work with a 100% guarantee to secure our standing as “Your Home Electricians”™.

R. Keogh in Scarborough
R. Keogh in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Rewiring of entire home

AC Electrical were professional & personable, prompt in starting & finished job on time as promised. High quality work & cleaned up every day. I highly recommend this company & Nick in particular.

More about Your Home Electricians

As, "Your Home Electricians™". We've been servicing GTA homes for over 25 years!

Enjoy peace of mind with our 309A certified electricians, upfront transparent pricing and three year warranty on all installations. We value your time and arrive when we say we will arrive, with a large, fully stocked, branded vehicle to assure most small jobs are completed in one visit.

We look forward to hearing from you, let us know how we can help!