Knight Plumbing, Heating And Air Conditioning Ltd

Rating: 4.8 out of 5

Knight Plumbing, Heating And Air Conditioning Ltd reviews (1376)

  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 29 Apr 2018

    Air Conditioner Install

    I recently had an air conditioner installed by Knight Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioner. I was extremely happy with the whole process. Karl did the quote and was very helpful and friendly. Tommy and Evan were the installers, both were extremely courteous and knowledgeable. All work looks really well done. Tommy had another service call to go to after he wrapped up at my house (Friday afternoon at 4:30pm) but still took the time to do a really good clean up and go through everything/answer any questions I had. I was super impressed by that and would definitely use this company again.
  • Review from HSUser Chan
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 27 Apr 2018

    Hot water tank, Water Softener and furnance

    The technicians Geoff, Kevin and David were very good at their work, efficient, professional and courteous. They patiently explained to me how to operate all the applications and how to maintain them. I would definitely use their services for my next projects. Highly recommended.
  • Review from Bill Coutts
    Rating: 3 out of 5
    Review left on 25 Apr 2018

    $430 Bill For a $31 Valve

    Edit May 3rd - I received a call from the management team on April 26 explaining that the employee handling issues & reviews was currently on extended leave, but that they took these issues very seriously & would respond ASAP. They called back May 2nd & the billing was explained & the bill adjusted. Apparently the parts were much more than $50, so I must apologize for assuming this cost. I called Knight Plumbing on April 9, 2018 because my main waterline was leaking between the valve on the street & my main shutoff in the house. The City had to be involved to shut off the street valve so we had to wait a week to address the issue. The tech arrived 25 minutes late so the city employee was long gone. He stated that the company had given him an hour to do the job which was plenty of time. He checked out the issue, quoted me $333 to replace the valve and since I was somewhat committed by this point I signed off on this. I was taken back by the cost but after working in the oil industry had heard that ball valves are very pricey. The quality of the work was great. After the tech finished the city water works employee showed up to open the valve outside & when I told him the charge he mentioned that the valve was worth about $20. My total bill was $430. I quoted the exact 1” valve at Emco for $31.36 retail - about $20 for a company to purchase. Parts for the job are roughly $50 + $75 callout fee leaving a 1 hour labour fee of $283 after tax. I requested a breakdown of the bill on their online form but after 3 days with no response decided to leave a voicemail with Mark Coffin, since his name was on responses on the Homestars review site. So here we are another 3 days later writing a review. Funny thing is the tech that did the work left me a card for Homestars to do a review. Clearly these guys don’t need the business, so I encourage you to not give them yours.
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 25 Apr 2018

    Air conditioning installation and unplanned furnace installation.

    Estimator Brian arrived on schedule, polite and professional. Administration staff Maria super friendly, and went the extra mile to schedule the installation to fit my time. The team of installation professionals Kevin, Nick, and Evan on site, on time. Upon installing the air conditioning unit, an inspection of the 20 year old furnace's heat exchanger revealed cracking. Kevin arranged an immediate replacement of the furnace while installing the air conditioning unit. All work done in one day to keep our family comfortable. These professionals are true tradesmen, knowledgeable, and care about the work they complete. I wanted a no hassle installation that was done professionally, and Knight delivered.
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 25 Apr 2018

    Sewage Sump Pump

    Jason and Brett were very professional with their service. Knowledgeable and friendly and answered all my questions. They helped find our problem quickly and efficiently and fixed it even faster. I am very thankful for their service. I would definitely recommend them and Knight Plumbing to anybody in need of a plumbing service.
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 4 out of 5
    Review left on 20 Apr 2018

    humidifier repair

    Long standing trouble with humidity control. Technician Kevin recommended switch from mechanical to electrical control from the thermostat. Also recommended reduction in water flow to prevent spillage. Works well now.
  • Review from Allan Buckingham
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 19 Apr 2018

    Furnace High Limit Switch Issue

    My high limit switch was kicking off and forcing my furnace and digital thermostat to enter a cycle of shutting down and booting back up. This action did not enable the heat in my house to reach desired temperature. There were allot of suggestion why this was happening but after having Tommy over from Knight he completed his assessment and changed my furnace filter and the problem was solved. I did not consider this would cause my furnace to react this way and I had changed the filter 2.5 months ago, but I guess in this case it clogged up earlier (I'll change monthly now) He said there were a couple of things he could have recommended for me that would have cost me up to $400 but said the filter will solve your issue and would rather not up sell me. He said this is what he would appreciate and I didn't need those other items at this time if I didn't want to spend the money on them. Thats the kind of guy you want working on your furnace (or truck or anything). Tommy / Knight is on the top of my list for the next furnace, air conditioning or plumbing need and your company will get your $400 back in spades. Thanks Tommy.
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 16 Apr 2018

    Furnace Repair

    Our furnace quit working the same day as a big snowfall hit. My husband called Knight and they had Kevin and Carson out within 2 hours! They were very friendly, knowledgeable and fast. Pricing was very reasonable, especially considering what short notice it was. I really appreciated their help.
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 16 Apr 2018

    Toilet leak

    Ciara gave me great advice, fixed the problem, was courteous, on time and very nice to deal with. I will certainly use knight again and recommend them to my friends. Thanks! Leigh
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 16 Apr 2018

    Replace hot water pipes

    Replaced hot water pipe going up to the kitchen sink. Noticed the cold water pipe should be fixed as well and got it all done in the time that was quoted!