Browne's Contracting

Rating: 5 out of 5

Browne's Contracting reviews (125)

  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 30 Aug 2018

    Tuck pointing, brick repair and/or replacement, and parging

    This is the second time that I have used Browne's Contracting. I am very pleased with the professionalism and quality of work by Browne's Contracting. Mike took the time to consult and explain what needed to be done on this 100+ year house. He matched the bricks' colour and style and ensured the tuck pointing looked the same. He repaired the parging and came back to do additional tuck pointing after I found some more spots. Clean up was completed. I highly recommend Mike and his skilled labourer, Steve.

    Answer from pro:

    It was a pleasure working for you Alison to for the great review!

    Reply created 16 Sep 2018
  • Review from Happy customer
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 28 Aug 2018

    Replacement of degraded bricks on 2 window ledges.

    Mike does an excellent job with quoting and winning the business by going through extra lenghts to ensure customer satisfaction. Due to the unique colour and make or my bricks which are no longer in production, he had to search high and low to find a suitable substitute. Although slightly different, he expertly fit the bricks in and it appears almost original. Work done in timely, cost effective manner, with an excellent personality. Cannot be more pleased.

    Answer from pro:

    I appreciate the kind words. Ty

    Reply created 16 Sep 2018
  • Review from Christian Santos
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 23 Jun 2018

    Brick replacement, repair, and tuckpointing

    Excellent work and professional attitude! Quick responses to my inquiries, very accommodating, and showed up when he said he would. Thanks so much for your exceptional and friendly service, Mike!

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you Christian for your business and the review.

    Reply created 25 Jun 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 19 Jun 2018

    Parging

    Browne's Contracting did a great job! Work was done on time and on budget with no fuss! Thanks again.

    Answer from pro:

    Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review much appreciated!

    Reply created 25 Jun 2018
  • Review from Karyn Dumble
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 31 May 2018

    Tuckpointing

    If you need tuckpointing done, connect with Mike from Browne's Contracting. He just finished at my place. He colour-matched so well that I can't even tell. Amazing. Turned up when he said he would; used clear communication; was very safe with the ladder; cleaned up after himself very well; super-personable, as well. I'm really really happy with his work. Oh - and reasonable pricing, to boot!

    Answer from pro:

    I am glad you loved the work..thanks for the reviews and going out of your way to help!

    Reply created 16 Jun 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 21 Apr 2018

    Great work on two brick repair jobs

    I contacted Mike last fall for some emergency repair work...the mortar on one section of wall had deteriorated to the point that I was starting to get leaks in the house after heavy rain (complicated by a roof repair that damaged my eavestrough). Mike came right away, provided a reasonable quote and got the job done quickly saving me further damage from leaks. I was so impressed that I had him provide a quote to do some brick repair work on my front porch. Not only did he do a great job both times, but he also threw in a little extra work on my window sills which was greatly appreciated!

    Answer from pro:

    It was a pleasure working for you and I was happy to do the extra work for you!

    Reply created 7 May 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 21 Nov 2017

    Tuck Pointing

    Browne's Contracting provides first class work. Shortly after contacting Mike to see if he did small jobs, he stopped by to give me a quote. While reviewing the work to be done, I had some questions for Mike. He was only too happy to answer them. Mike is knowledgeable about the work he does. Mike made sure the temperature was high enough, allowing the work to be done properly. While working, he noticed some other areas needing repair, and just did it, at no extra cost. He took his time to match the colour he was going to use, making sure it blended in with the tuck pointing already there. Mike truly cares about the quality of work he does. I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks, Mike!

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you so much for taking the time and write this awesome review,it makes me feel good working for customers like yourself,it was a pleasure!!

    Reply created 22 Nov 2017
  • Review from Caroline Bourret
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 22 May 2017

    Brick repairs and parging

    I contacted Mike from Browne's Contracting after he left a flyer on our door. I knew we needed some brickwork done but I was tired of waiting for my husband to get to do it...So Mike came and did a reasonable quote and came back about a week later when the weather was good to do the work....We can't see when he worked! It blends seamlessly! So seeing what he did, we asked him to do more work that was only from a cosmetic stand point and that was bothering me. He did tell us that it wasn't a structural need but I wanted it done for my own OCD! He is a perfectionist and takes pride in his work. We will reuse him if the needs arrive in the future and we are gladly recommending him.

    Answer from pro:

    Thank you for your business and review Caroline.

    Reply created 25 Jun 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 27 Apr 2016

    Brickwork repair and Tuckpointing

    Browne’s Contracting was recommended to me by a friend who had used their services before and was very impressed and pleased with their high quality of work done on their home. I am also extremely pleased with their services!! They repaired my home back to perfection!! Mike, the owner, is a honest and great guy who truly cares about home owners’ satisfaction and is very good answering questions in detail. Browne’s Contracting is very professional, efficient and reliable. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of masonry work and would definitely hire them again in a heart-beat!! Thanks for doing a great job, Mike!

    Answer from pro:

    Thanks so much for taking the time to write this Dino!

    Reply created 7 May 2018
  • Review from HomeOwner
    Rating: 0 out of 5
    Review left on 21 Jul 2015

    Parging a 50 foot step

    Mike quoted the job and made me wait a month to do it, there were many excuses every week but we waited for him and long story short, he didn't do the job, he dropped off someone else to do it and claimed that person was a Mason. The job is terrible! It looks horrible! Unfortunately, this is a 50 foot long by 4 inches wide step to our deck which has lights and a return.... The step was gorgeous before he came, it was newly pored concrete and I should have left it this way but it had a few bubbles and I just wanted to make it a touch better.... Now, with my poor judgement and Mike's awful parging. We will have to get all of this grinded down and done again. I asked Mike to come and try to fix it but he is not answering my e-mails. We paid $1000 when all the other quotes were less, we figured that with his positive ratings and his high price, we were going to get something nice.

    Answer from pro:

    Let's start off with saying Tanya hated what was previously there,that contractor refused to work for her anymore and left,she said she would pay me with what she owed him still as she hadn't paid him..The whole time there she would pull me aside countless times to degrade the work other contractors did asking my opinion as she loved my work and asking if I knew anyone who could powerwash,she took down my recomendation. She has given 2 reviews on Homestars at the date of this review despite the countless contractors she has used giving both a Zero.By the looks of that companys response she did the same as she is doing here,inventing information with the sole purpose to hurt there business. It is unfortunate that Homestars allows blatant lies from that one out of 100 people we all hope to avoid in out lives and has the sole intention of ruining the persons business,writing and inventing whatever may do the trick. I spoke to the husband originally to go do the quote,described the parging,he seemed reasonable.I described what parging was further described it to the wife in a lengthy emailing telling her there was a sponge finish.When the work was started I did just that a sponge finish which was agreed upon and the husband thought it looked amazing...he was later shocked when I said his wife didn't like it when she arrived.The wife than comes home and is not happy after the work is half done.I mentioned that it would be a sponge finish in the previous emails.She said"Oh well I don't know what that is"fair enough,but she could have asked me for more info or Googled it.As my goal is to please all customers,I tried doing something else for her with a different finish,she said she loved it and let me continue.Only near the end saying she didn't want the last few feet done and deciding to deduct $100's of dollars.The final price was also not $1000.00 dollars this is also untrue. She says there were way too many excuses and took too long,truth is she cancelled when I was going to do it on an earlier weekend and I had to rebook here.I than showed up like I said.She says I dropped off someone else to do it.I am the owner of the company and do some work myself but not all.I never told her myself the owner would personally do it and dropped off a worker going back about 5 times and staying for hours to check in and doing some myself,she doesn't mention this incidentally.The person actually is a Mason.This same person did the work on the previous parging testimonials on here which were unassisted by me and got 10s.They loved it.They had some clue what parging was.Tanya apparently didn't,even though explained it in a detail email to her numerous times and following up to ask if she had any question they were none.Not even asking about the finish. She says she emailed me to come fix it and was not answering my emails.This is totally invented and untrue .I wrote her a long email after the job was done to reply to her one day after the job was done on the 19th,on the 20th she replied,and on the very next day she wrote this review.I have contacted Homestars regarding this.She says the step was gorgeous before she came,she told me she hated it.She said she paid $1000 dollars,this is also not true.She actually ended up deducting $200. I spent a total of 18 hrs on this job,includes quote,emails,back and forth etc in all,materials and had a worker there and was under the $1000.00 she said I charged,again invented.Being a smaller company I am able to be more reasonable as my overhead is lower.I dealt with her husband who seemed reasonable and nice,emailed them what I would do,(a sponge finish)did a sponge finish which everyone of my customers in 18 years has loved.The husband loved it.Than she comes home,had a totally different concept,had apparently no idea even what parging was,is not happy.Doesn't want it finished.Takes off a random amount of money,than comes on here and invents things with the intention of hurting my business.Luckily for me 99% of the time my customers are amazing,they love my work,most of my work is referals and I leave a job happy knowing they love the work.It is unfortunate we cannot post this persons name here so other contractors would have the chance to avoid this person.

    Reply created 26 Jul 2015