Weed Control
Weed Control

Best of 2020 winner 5 timesBest of 2020winner 5 times

Reviews for Hometurf Lawn Care Service

Avoid at all costs

Retaining this company this season was the biggest mistake. Avoid them at all costs. They do not come when promised, to the point that I had to call to get the treatment rescheduled. Then when they finally arrived they failed to apply the additional compost with seed that I paid extra for, even though the service sheet they dropped off wrongly says they did. Additionally, I called twice in advance of the visits to ask that they comment on the type of weed grass we’re overwhelmed by and advise how to address it. I was told by customer service that this information should be automatically part of the process and again today that part of the service form was totally blank.

It seems that the goods reviews of this company are historical and something has clearly changed - the online complaints and negative reviews this year are legion.

We’re sorry that you are unhappy with the services you have received. In order to prioritize getting this situation resolved for you in a timely manner, please send us a note to contact@hometurf.ca and we will redirect this to our customer service manager who will reach out to solve the issue.

Shirley
Shirley

Hometurf Lawn Care Service

I have been very satisfied with this company and service. I have neighbours on three sides of my property that do nothing with their weeds, lawns or gardens. Trying to keep my lawn weed free is a real challenge as seeds travel by air. Hometurf provides the service to keep lawn weed free and help grass grow with a strong root system. They also provided a spray to get rid of Crab crass which can be a real challenge
The technicians are very polite and always give me an update on receipt after work is completed.

Robert
Robert

Hometurf LawnCare service

The quality of service and care from HomeTurf is top notch in my book. The team provides updated information on the current status of my lawn and any care issues they detect providing guidance and controls needed to correct any findings.

Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Robert. Our priority is customer service, and we are ecstatic that we met that mark! Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure.

Miriam in
Miriam in

Great service

Great customer service. Have recommended to neighbours! We switched from another lawncare company a few years ago due to poor service and have never regretted the decision. Price is lower than that other company too!

Dear Miriam, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with Hometurf; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!

kristian
kristian

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible company, terrible service. This was my first year with Hometurf. I was advised that my first application would be done in March or April. In the last week of April I reached out after noticing that my first treatment was not applied. I contacted them by email (after attempting to contact by phone several times) and was advised that the treatment was done in March, but they left no sign or letter indicating as such. Nevertheless they came within the next week to apply the REAL first treatment as I complained that there was no evidence of anybody showing up. I wanted to discuss the issue over the phone and was advised somebody would call me back because you can never get through to somebody on the phone. Nobody called me to discuss the issue. I received a follow-up email asking if anybody called, to which I said no and would still appreciate a phone call, and its been about two months and nobody has called. About two weeks ago I received an email indicating that there was an issue with a technician and the alleged March treatment was not given to a bunch of customers. This may be ok for some customers, but I feel like my lawn does not look as good as it should have had they applied commenced treatment at the time that they were supposed to. They proposed to apply a late fertilizer in the fall to make good. Notwithstanding the lack of customer service, their lawncare is subpar as there are still weeds in my backyard. Suffice to say I will not be renewing my service next year. Stay away if you care about customer service.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Hometurf, Kristian. Your insight into your experience with our company helps us to grow and improve our business. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding your first application. We apologize for the delays and connection issues you experienced trying to call our customer service team. Due to a combination of factors, we saw unprecedented demand on our phone lines from early-April to early-May. Our customer service team is working remotely with new technology and government imposed stay-at-home measures have limited our ability to onboard new staff. We are making every effort to improve our connection rates and reduce our hold times. We are starting to see both of these metrics come in line with our historical high rate of service, but we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We invite you to send us a message at feedback@hometurf.ca or give us a call to further discuss your experience and create a solution together.

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

HomeTurf Lawn Care

This is our first year contract with this company & our lawn is looking quite good. Home Turf is reliable & leave a note saying what was done with each visit. I am waiting to see how effective they are in getting rid of our grubs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It means so much when our customers share their experiences. Keep us updated on the progress of your lawn!

Rosemary Halligan from Mississauga
Rosemary Halligan from Mississauga

front and back lawn

I would not recommend home turf. I have asked them to schedule me for Wednesdays as I get my lawn cut on Tuesdays but they insist on coming Mondays. I have tried in vain and have been with them for over 3 years.

I am so fed up now.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Rosemary. We’re sorry you had a bad experience trying to schedule a time with our team. We’ll strive to do better. Please feel free to leave us a message and we will contact you to understand the situation better and create a solution.

Carol
Carol

Home turf Lawn Care Service

I have been a customer for several years and every year my lawn continues to improve. They have great customer service and I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for lawn care.

We’re thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed the services our team provided you over the years, Carol! We understand the difficulties in achieving a healthy green lawn, and we’re very happy to assist you. Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means the world to us!

Private User reviews Orangeville, ON

Always great customer service!

Great service and my lawn is awesome! They always advise what day they are heading over. Happy to say it our 3rd year using Hometurf! Reasonable price really completes the package.

We’re very happy to hear about the amazing experience you had with Hometurf! We love hearing how we exceeded your expectations, it means the world to us! Thank you!

Larry
Larry

Destroyer of my lawn!

My lawn had lush thick green clover. The technician came by and put Fiesta weed control PCP# 29535. It basically destroyed my lawn. If I could I would rank their service as -1 stars, but zero is as low as I'm allowed to go.

Larry, we're sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience with Hometurf. In some instances following the fiesta application, your lawn may appear dark/black if weed infestation is heavy, but fear not as the product will not harm your lawn and the coloration will disappear within 7 to 10 days. Please let us know if anything changes after this time period.

More about Hometurf Lawn Care Service

At Hometurf Lawn Care, we have been treating the lawns of our loyal customers for over 30 years. As a family-owned and -operated business, we have grown by delivering lush, healthy, green lawns while using only the highest quality products applied by professional lawn care technicians. Let us help you make your lawn look its best this season!

Our season-long lawn care programs take the guess work out of which products to use and when. Applications are scheduled to be applied four to six weeks apart throughout the season for optimal turf care. We strive to ensure everything your lawn needs is included in our programs. No telemarketing or sales calls pushing unnecessary extras.

Our services include: lawn care programs, lawn maintenance programs, fertilizer, weed control, insect control, aeration, grass seeding, dethatching, top dressing, chinch bug control and grub control.