Pretty Handy Guy

Handyman Services
Mississauga ON L5L 2M2

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 9 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 9 times

Reviews for Pretty Handy Guy

Nat  in Mississauga
Nat in Mississauga

Installed 2 vanities

Decided to refresh 2 bathrooms that had not been touched since 1995. I have used John's services in the past, so, I knew he was the guy to call. He is great to work and whatever obstacles are there. are overcome with calm and direction.

Did whole renovation. Removed old vanities and hardware accessories. Put in new vanity and hardware accessories, plus new base boards, floor and painted.

They look really amazing. They look so good, that I will be doing my third bathroom in April and John will be doing that one as well.

Many thanks for the kind review Nat. Always a pleasure to work at your home. Looking forward to the last bathroom reno.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Raised Garden Bed

I've used John previously on indoor projects. This time, I wanted a raised garden bed built for vegetables. John does good work, is reasonably priced and is very personable. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

Thank you for the kind review. It is very much appreciated.

Joanne K
Joanne K

John’s my go to for all things handy and beyond

Painting, plumbing, light electrical, replaced glass, plastering, etc. etc. John has been to my house two or three times, I always like to bundle up projects, and it feels like there always are a lot of things for him to do, and he delivers on everything superbly. Quick, professional, spotless.

Many thanks for the thoughtful review Joanne. Always a pleasure to work at your home.

Vincent in Nepean
Vincent in Nepean
0 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Excellent work!

John did an excellent job with our shelves and closing an open wall in our living room. Would recommend!

Many thanks Vincent. So happy that you are pleased with my work.

Monique M in Mississauga
Monique M in Mississauga

Hallway Painting

This is my second time having a project completed by John and I couldn't be happier. John painted my main floor/second floor hallway; the walls at the staircase are the challenge going all the way up to the ceiling of the second floor. It was completed in a very timely manner and John cleaned up afterwards.

We also had some good laughs while on breaks. My only disappointment.....no trampoline (inside joke)!!

I recommend John and I have already been discussing my next project with him.

Many thanks for the kind review Monique. Always a treat to work at your home and our conversations are always a bonus.

Debbie in Mississauga
Debbie in Mississauga

Various ‘fix-it’ projects

We recently hired John to work on a variety of tasks including relocation of a door, ceiling repair following water damage, capping of a stepped wall and painting.
We could not have been more pleased with John’s work! He was professional, timely, meticulous and produced work of a high standard. (I am a fuss-spot and couldn’t find a single fault!!) In addition, we had some interesting conversations.
John will be at the top of our list of handymen going forward. We highly recommend him.
P.S. John is also a great artist . Maybe he could do a painting for you.!

Hi Debbie. It was real treat to work at your home. Thrilled that you were happy with my work and left such a kind review.

Jack in Toronto
Jack in Toronto

Flooring, Painting and Repairs

Next time we need renovations or other work done around the house, I know who to call: "Pretty Handy Guy" John Etheridge. John put in laminate flooring, made plaster repairs and painted everything for the entire top floor of our house. He did great work for a reasonable price. He actually started the job when he said he would! He is great at problem solving (always necessary with renovations). The job was totally non-fuss for us; John took care of everything, including moving stuff from room to room as he worked. When we wanted to add some additional work into the project and when we made changes to paint colours, John graciously accommodated us. Not only is his work first-rate but John is also a really nice, easy going person to work with. Definitely our go-to guy for future work!

Hi Jack. It was a real pleasure to work at your home and I am so pleased that you were happy with my work. As well I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and your hospitality.

Nancy D in Mississauga
Nancy D in Mississauga

basement wall parging, basement floor prep & paint

Pretty happy customers! So far John has been wonderful to work with. (We have a list of future jobs for him when his schedule allows.) He is very knowledgeable, accommodating, reliable, prompt, fast & efficient.
We look forward to working with him again in the new year.

Many thanks for the kind review Nancy. Thoroughly enjoyed working at your home and as well I look forward returning in the new year.

Bill
Bill

ceiling painting

We booked John to paint 2 ceilings where there used to be popcorn. He responded quickly and gave us a satisfactory quote. His work was very well done, including clean-up, and he completed the job within 1 day. We are very happy with his work, and would happily use John's services again.

Many thanks for the kind review Bill.

A
A

Bunkie tongue and groove wall install and finishing

We have worked with John before and we were very happy to have to call on him again to help us finish winterizing our backyard bunkie. He did a fantastic job, especially when he had to turn some lemons into lemonade with a structure not ready for winterizing. He is trustworthy, always easy to deal with and friendly. What a fun and skilled person to have in our home. Thank you for a great experience and fantastic work, John!
Highly recommend.

Many thanks for such a wonderful review. It's always a real pleasure to work at your home.

More about Pretty Handy Guy

Hi, I'm John Etheridge, the Pretty Handy Guy. The skills and services I provide as a (fully-insured) tradesperson encompass everything from painting, carpentry, small scale  renovation projects and custom finishing work to general repairs and outdoor projects.

One of the things I place utmost importance on is quality workmanship.  I provide past client references on request, with many repeat customers telling that they most appreciate the meticulous attention to detail and reliability. - painting, trim work, carpentry, renovations, drywall, custom built-ins, refinishing, decks, kitchen cabinet installations, general repairs, sink, faucet, toilet installation, handyman services, murals, bookcases, laminate flooring, custom mantles