HTR Basements

Reviews for HTR Basements

Alessandro in Toronto
Alessandro in Toronto

Basement finishing - East York, Toronto

HTR Basements handled the basement finishing aspect of our renovation. And while our basement was small there were aspects of it that were certainly not simple. HTR provided us with an impressive 3d rendering of what our basement would look like well in advance of our start date, this required immense creativity because at the time our basement wasn't even underpinned (looked like a troll's dungeon). During the project, everything was smooth -- all the various trades people were pleasant, efficient and very hardworking. They finished in accordance with an online schedule that listed start and end dates for each trade. Their price was inline with my expectations (some of the prices I received from other companies were absolutely ridiculous for a basement of my size). Happy we hired HTR Basements - you will be too. Highly recommended. I will be hiring HTR for future projects around my home.

Thank you Alessandro. It was an interesting and challenging project indeed. Glad to hear you enjoyed the process and the results.

zubin8038 in Richmond Hill
zubin8038 in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Newmarket, ON

Basement renovation

After reaching out to 5 highly rated contractors to finish our basement we chose HTR Basements for the following reasons:
1) While others ball parked costs and provided general layout suggestions, Dimitri from HTR confidently provided a detailed, itemized breakdown and layout. Other companies ensured they could come in at a lower cost however when pushed to itemize the costs they came in over HTRs quote and couldn’t ensure the equivalent quality (ie nosing in stairs matching the flooring)
2) speed: while others estimated 5+ weeks HTR quickly set a schedule of 3 weeks and came in ahead of schedule. This is massive given the amount of dust and workers coming in and out daily not to mention the space taken by the bin in the driveway.
3) professionalism: the subcontractors were diligent, hard working and respectful.
4) quality: excellent
5) easy: HTR is a one stop shop where they provide samples of flooring, paint colours, finishes, vanities, etc etc. We simply chose what we liked and didn’t worry about the rest
6) excellent service: Alex and Dimitri were both amazing in corresponding with my wife and I and went the extra mile to ensure little things were taken care of.

I can not recommend these guys highly enough. Trust me when I say a) I’m cheap and they came in at my budget b) I’m critical and the workmanship and service is second to none c) I’m lazy as anything and if I wrote all this out it’s because I feel passionately these guys are the best!

Thank you foe the detailed review Zubin!

Ivan
Ivan
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Basement

Basement looks great. Project was completed on time and Alex and Dmitry where great to work with.

Hi Ivan, thank you so much for your great review! We are very pleased to hear that your basement is now a great use of space! Our designers work extremely hard to ensure our customer satisfaction and your positive feedback keeps them motivated. We do make sure to provide you with high quality material for you to have a long lasting enjoyable basement. Enjoy your basement for years to come! HTR Basements Team!

Scott
Scott
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Basement

HTR took our basement from completely unfinished to completely finished. There were a few small hiccups along the way but that is to be expected when working on such a large job. Inventory of flooring and tiles could have been larger but in the end we got what we wanted. Overall we were very satisfied with the advice and job we received from HTR

Hi Scott, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Gladys and Taz in Richmond Hill
Gladys and Taz in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement

We meet with Dimtry and Alex to get a quote for our basement. The whole team were excellent from start to finish, any changes we wanted they were very accommodating. It doesn't feel like a basement. It is very bright. We were lucky our basement was started earlier than intially planned . We totally recommend this company. We love our basement.
Gladys and Taz

Hi Gladys and Taz, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Happy Customer in Brampton
Happy Customer in Brampton

Basement Renovation

I have been meaning to get my basement finished for a few years now but have had difficulty finding the right Contractor to hire for the project. There are so many companies offering basement-finishing services but I had no idea how to choose one that was not just reasonable, but most importantly reliable and trustworthy. Handing over a large sum of money to someone you have never met before who promises to provide you with their service can be a very scary thing when you have no idea if they will be true to their word and will actually deliver on that promise. I have heard horror stories of contractors starting a job and then disappearing half way through, leaving their clients in a rubble of mess and scrambling to find someone else to complete the work. As a result, I need to ensure that I was hiring some who I could trust.

HTR came fully recommended by my close friend whose basement they had renovated and who was happy with their service. I saw my friend’s finished product and was impressed with the quality of the work and I knew right away that I could trust them to complete a similar project for me. I was immediately impressed with the handsome young man who came to my house to complete the estimate. He listened to the vision that I had for the space, made his own recommendations and incorporated it all into the 3D design that he provided prior to the start of the project. Throughout the project he was pretty flexible with all the changes that I requested and promptly updated his 3D drawings to match the changes. I liked the 3D design because it helped me to have a direct visual of what the space would look like once finished. I also like the website they gave me that allowed me to track the progress of the work, and for the most part, they were right on track.

What I liked most of all though was the fact that I felt totally at ease throughout the project. Apart from a couple miscommunications, everything ran smoothly and within my budget. Also, all the tradesmen and workers were respectful and professional and I had no concerns with giving them access to my home to complete their tasks while I was away at work. I am very happy with the end result and am fully enjoying the beautiful and comfortable extension of my home. I thank the entire team at HTR for making this such a positive experience. I would not hesitate to hire them again for any future project and I would recommend them to anyone I know who could use their service and expertise.

Hi Shawna, thank you so much for your great review! We will pass along your kind words to our team, they will be so happy to hear of your satisfaction with their work! We are very pleased to hear that your basement is now a great use of space! Our designers work extremely hard to ensure our customer satisfaction and your positive feedback keeps them motivated. We do make sure to provide you with high quality material for you to have a long lasting enjoyable basement. Enjoy your basement for years to come!

1 review King City, ON

Basement Finishing - Initial review

I am very careful when it comes to choosing the right contractor to finish my basement. After multiple discussions with different companies, I have decided to go with HTR Basements.

Dmitry is knowledgeable and helpful, always willing to answer questions and work through any design ideas.

When it comes to carrying out the work, Alex was there from day one. Any concerns, questions I have is promptly addressed by him. Within a week, the framing was completed, electrical are done and drywall is scheduled to begin today.

I am very impressed with the workmanship so far and speed at which they carry out the work. The employees are very courteous and professional. They showed up every day on time and worked extremely efficiently and hard throughout the entire week. They made the renovation project a breeze and I am absolutely delighted.

I will provide my overall assessment of the company at a later day, once the project is fully complete. I am happy to provide any reference you need.
Jennifer

Thank you for your review Jennifer! We’re so glad you had a good experience with HTR Basements!
HTR team loves to hear from our customers, and we’re proud to serve the GTA with quality basement renovations. If you know anyone else who could use our company, please keep us in mind and have them call 905-754-4696. Thank you again for your review and for being a valued HTR Basements customer.

Kevin
Kevin

Basement renovation in Mississauga

HTR Basements was recommended to us by a friend. Right from the start and till the end we are happy with the finished basement. We will recommend HTR Basements to our friends and family! Thank you guys for your excellent work!

Hi Kevin, we're so happy you had such a great experience with us! Thank you for your lovely review, HTR Basements team will be happy to hear about your satisfaction with their work. Enjoy your basement!

Nikolay
Nikolay
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Now, I have a perfectly renovated basement!

Before I decided to finish my basement in my rental property I interviewed quite a few companies. I was lucky to choose Alex and his team. They were so professional, efficient, fast and delivered high quality job! I can highly recommend them for any project of any caliber!

Hello Nikolay!
We’re so glad you had a great experience with HTR Basements! We love to hear from our customers and receive their feedback. HTR Basements prouds to serve the GTA with quality basement renovations and we’d love to work with you on any future renovation projects.
Thank you again for your review and for being a valued High Tech Reno customer.
Warmest Regards. HTR Basements Team!

Eduardo.hulshof
Eduardo.hulshof

QUALITY: GREAT (5 STARS)
We are very happy with the quality of the work, the vapour barrier insulation work and replacement of the old windows turned the basement into a really cozy space and the lighting made into a really bright space. We got a really nice basement once everything was done. Absolutely!

BUDGET: GOOD (4 STARS)
The reason we chose HTR to do our basement was the level of quality and professionalism on their quote. The price was on pair with the competition but by the way they handle the quote process we felt like they clearly knew what they were doing, and they do. It was very detailed, down to every potlight. I also liked their payment scheduling, spreading the cost of the project on to clear deliverable milestones, which they stuck to, never asking for money before these milestones were completed.

The overall budget went up, because of additional work, but that was all agreed upon before work was carried out. Additional work included concrete levelling, replacing the stairs, levelling the ceiling, and additional electrical work (which we had the heads up before demolition started that may be needed).

POST-COMPLETION SUPPORT: GREAT (5 STARS)
After the project was complete and fully paid for there were some deficiencies identified which they promptly addressed with no additional costs.

SCHEDULING: GOOD (4 STARS)
Scheduling was OK, we were told the work could be carried out in 3 weeks if there were no delays, or additional work necessary (as I mentioned we added concrete work which was not part of the plan). There were more delays pinned to building permits. But once all the stars aligned and we received a final schedule and set a completion date the project was delivered on time.

COMMUNICATION: COULD BE BETTER (3 STARS)
With any project, there is always stress around schedules, delays, plans changing, and that’s pretty normal. However some of it could have been minimized with better communication.

Overall we are really happy and would recommend them or work with them again.

Hello Eduardo and Ana!
Thank you again for your review and for being a valued HighTechReno customer.
Warmest Regards. HTR Team.

More about HTR Basements

Thank you for visiting HTR Basements. As one of GTA's leading basement finishing and basement contractors, we are committed to providing our customers with unparalleled value.
***
Our master craftsmen and our passion are what sets us apart from other basement finishing companies.
Basement finishing is a big investment, and it’s important to make a well-informed decision when it comes to choosing a basement contractor. High Tech Reno is fully insured, licensed, and has the experience to deliver quality finished basements. We specialize in basement designing, basement finishing, and remodeling basements in the GTA and surrounding areas. A finished basement can be a real asset to your home’s long-term equity and provide functional new living space for your family to enjoy. Entertainment areas and playrooms are perfect solutions for growing families. Home offices, exercise rooms, and additional bedrooms are also popular choices for homeowners looking for more usable living space. Whatever your needs are for your basement finishing project, our basement specialists can meet your needs with the perfectly finished basement. Contact us today at 905-754-4696 to get a free estimate and start your basement remodeling process.
***
HTR Basements experts provide quality basement renovation services throughout the GTA. HTR Basements is The Best Basement Renovation company with a mission: Give customers the best basements, bathrooms and kitchens, at the most affordable price without compromising quality and service. When GTA homeowners choose High Tech Renovation as their Basement Finishing contractor, they are pleasantly surprised by our personal approach to the remodeling process and our dedication to their comfort and enjoyment throughout each stage. We treat each and every job as if it were in our own home.
***
We look forward to adding you and your basement to our ever-growing list of basement remodeling successes!