Lawn Maintenance

Reviews for Yardly | Residential Snow Removal & Lawn Care Services

Private User reviews Coaldale, AB

DO NOT USE

CAUTION - DO NOT USE!
I hired Yardley for my parents snow removal for the 2021-2022 year, based on reviews and speaking with the Yardley representative. Yardley seemed like a company that cared and valued customer service.
Sadly, I was mistaken. I think some of the reviewers may have been manipulated by Yardley to ensure positive reviews. Service was questionable throughout the winter, however, my parents wanted to give this company the benefit of the doubt and continued to use their services. Due to carelessness the parging on the side of their home was damaged and I gave Yardley a 1*star review when an email was sent asking for feedback. It was at this time, I received multiple emails from Yardley stating customer service was top priority for them and the matter would be investigated. Later, I received a call from a staff member happily informing me they had completed their investigation and Yardley would pay to have the damaged parging fixed and if I was happy with that solution, could I please update my 1*star rating to something more favorable. This "offer" was made in December and it was agreed at that time, work was to be done in May/June 2022 as we waited for more agreeable weather. I sent an email recapping our conversation, however, no reply was given. Warning bells should have gone off but I was hopeful that Yardley was a reputable and honest company that I could trust...I guess I was the fool. Long story short, Yardley did not follow thru and has now completely ignored all communications. Please do not let Yardley's hollow sincerity lure you into using their services.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Avoid!!

I paid a month in advance for a lawn care spring clean up for a total of $303.45. I was booked in for a 3 day window between May 2-4. Yardly did not show up for this window, I contacted them to ask what was going on, and their reply was "conditions on the ground were not optimal for service" which is not true, the ground was fine and ready to be worked on. They showed up the next day and did a very poor, rush job. As stated in the invoice I paid for, the service was to include: - Power raking - Leaf and debris clean up from turf and hardscapes. - Initial mowing and trimming of grass to 2.5"-3". - Complementary power edging of the front lawn to create crisp lawn edges along the sidewalk. - Flowerbed & rockbed blowout. Most of this was not done, and they only bundled up about 5 bags, half of what is included in the price when there was still plenty of lawn debris on the ground. I contacted Yardly to ask what was going on and they took a week to respond, finally admitting in an email that they did not do the power raking - pretty much the only task that needed to be done on the lawn. I asked for a refund and they forwarded my complaint to their manager at head office in Ontario who said she would get back to me in 24 hours with a way to correct this problem - I waited a week for them to finally say that I was not going to get a refund, with no valid reason, no apology, no admission of wrongdoing, it just wasn't going to happen. I had to go through visa to get a refund. Save your trouble and avoid this company!!

Seung-woo in Trail
Seung-woo in Trail
0 reviews Trail, BC

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY

I hired this company for spring clean up since 2019 and there's no problem by last year. However, I was so disappointed their service this year. Their spring clean up include debris clean up, edging and power raking and I added aeration with extra cost. They come to my property and work around one hours. During that time they collect ONLY ONE BAG OF LEAVES and aerated my back yard and front yard. ONLY ONE BAG! My back yard is not a small size. Around 1500sqft and full of trees surrounding fences. They even didn't power racking because my grass condition was too bad. If grass condition is good, I DO NOT NEED POWER RACKING and I'd been hired this company for same service since 2019 and they always raked my back yard without any comments. They didn't do that ONLY THIS YEAR and grass condition in my yard in spring was always similar.
I will not use this company for the spring clean up anymore and I wish no one waist their money hiring this bad service company.

Stephanie
Stephanie
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Only did half my yard and won't reply to my refund request

I paid 300 bucks for the spring clean. There online system gliched so I got no notice of the scheduled clean. They showed up only did half the work. When I complained they tried to blame me as i did not remove the dog waste. I informed them I got no notice of the team showing up that when they admitted the switching to a new system and seemed like a "few" people didn't. They the reassured me they would be back. They never came back. Now when I requested a refund because of their error they won't reply to my emails. Do not hire them. Worst experience ever.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Do NOT hire

They wont respond to my emails or phone calls. I paid an additional $70 to aerate my yard and they did not do this. The two guys stayed less than 45 mins. The worst part is no one will respond to my issues? Really frustrating. I went with a company big on the internet because I thought theyd have the best equipment, quality, workmanship. No. They subcontract to all the local companies.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

This is the first time that I have signed up with this company for snow removal for the 2021-2022 season and I cannot state this strongly enough – STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are the WORST ever and do not honor the terms of the contract. I have signed up for the “Elite” plan according to which the following is included in the service

• Unlimited snow removal for every snowfall over a 2.5 cm accumulation
• Guaranteed service time within 8 hours of snowfall ending
• Repeat service visits during continuous snow storms

For snowfall amounts exceeding 10 cm they have this clause:
In the case of extreme weather conditions and snowfall over 10 cm, the timing guarantee does not apply.

Which contradicts the “Repeat service visits during continuous snow storms”

This was most evident following the snowfall on Jan 17,2022 and as most have vented properties were not serviced until 72 hours later.

Other companies providing snow removal services made multiple visits to clear the snow off their customer’s properties, but not YARDLY because of the 10cm clause.

To date on 3 occasions 24 Jan 2022, 4 Feb 2022 and most recently 19 Feb 2022 when the snowfall has been over the 2.5 cm, they have not serviced my property. Phone calls go unanswered and emails when responded to are only to provide feeble excuses.

They are also supposed clear the windrow and have not done so even once!

Fool me twice, shame on me

Please please trust the bad reviews here. I had read them beforehand, but thought, hey they can't be THAT bad. Well, they are.

During two separate snowstorms in the GTA, they failed to show. The ironic thing is that they sent me an automated email before each blizzard, stating that they would arrive if the snowfall reaches greater than 2.5cm. It was at least 5-10cm.

I waited, and waited, then called (which is useless because they only answer during daytime weekday hours; no luck on evening or weekends).

They eventually emailed back stating that the snow wasn't 2.5cm. After a snowstorm. They couldn't even give the salesrep a better excuse.

It may be because the people that Yardly contracts out did not want to do the job, or some related reason, but it's really not fair to the customer. Especially elderly people who rely on snow-removal services. It's really heartbreaking.

I usually never write reviews, but I've never had an experience where services were not rendered. I supposed BBB is the next step. Do NOT use!
-James

Terrible at snow removal - DO NOT USE

We paid upfront to have snow removal for the whole season for our driveway, porch and sidewalk in Toronto. The service has been absolutely terrible, a complete waste of money.

We have had two snowfalls, and in both, Yardly's work has been awful.

The first time they completely ignored the front porch and didn't salt at all, even though we had paid for salting.

The second was just garbage service. A plow pulled up after a huge snowfall and went up to the cars, but leaving tons of snow and ice on the ground. Then someone did a quick "one over" around the cars, really just compacting the snow and ice. They couldn't have spent more than 5 minutes on the job, which needed way more time to be done right. Anyone living in Canada knows that shoveling badly in a lazy way like this actually makes it worse. That left us with 3-4 inch layer of ice over most of the driveway, which we had to remove ourselves.

The company has been completely unresponsive to customer service requests. They don't pick up the phones or respond to emails. We have had to do the removal ourselves, which because they compacted it into ice has been more work than if we hadn't hired them. This is the single worst experience I've had with any home service provider, and I strongly recommend that NOBODY use this service.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us the feedback. Our customers satisfaction is our highest priority and we are very sorry to hear that your property was not properly serviced. Please contact us directly at: hello@yardly.ca and we will work to make this right.

Ankush in Toronto
Ankush in Toronto
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Snow cleaning

Before going to vacation, I subscribed for premium snow cleaning service. They guaranteed that snow will clean in with in 12 hrs if snow is more than 2.5 cm. I am not sure if they cleaned the snow or not when i was away. But when i came back, it was snowing in Ajax and more that 2.5 cms.

But no one showed even after 24 hrs. So I am not sure when they will come. I really dont like the service.

I dont recommend Yardly.

James1995
James1995
0 reviews St. Albert, AB

lawn maiantenace

excellent service, the boys do a great job and clean up after themselves.

I had an issue, they contacted me immediately and it was resolved right away.

I would definitely recommend this comapany for yard maintenance.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying our services and that we were able to address your concern.

All the best,
The Yardly Team

More about Yardly | Residential Snow Removal & Lawn Care Services

Yardly is a yard maintenance service revolutionizing the residential snow removal and lawn care industries in Canada. Yardly focuses on building long-lasting relationships with clients through the consistently high quality of work backed by a satisfaction guarantee, a professional and courteous customer service team, and seamless digital customer experiences.
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Edmonton?