Carrigane Plasterworks

Reviews for Carrigane Plasterworks

Noel in Toronto
Noel in Toronto

Kitchen Ceiling Drywall and Plaster

Ronan fixed a plastering job that was very poorly done by another company previously. He was quick, very easy to deal with and cleaned up after himself too. I'd highly recommend carrigane plastering to everyone and anyone. 11/10

Hi noel.

thanks very much for you taking the time to do a review.

thanks for all the compliments

great working for you!

all the best

James in Orleans
James in Orleans
1 review Ottawa, ON

Impecable Service and attention to detail

I hired Carrigane Plasterworks for several jobs now. He has always shown up on time or early, finished the job within the time frame require and the drywall and parging that we have used him for are actually flawless. I have been renovating for 15 years and have rarely come across talent, cleanliness and punctuality in one package.

thank James for rewarding me a massive review.
I always liked working for you in the past to present

all the best and till next time!

Jodie from Toronto
Jodie from Toronto

Outstanding drywall work, quickly and for an excellent price!

Ronan was recommended to me by a contractor and I couldn’t have been happier with the quality of service I received. I had a very tight turn around because I needed to stage and list my house in two weeks. The job consisted of dry walking the entire kitchen ceiling to cover some really terrible wood paneling. Ronan showed up on time both days and completed my entire kitchen ceiling quickly. Ronan’s work was of outstanding quality and he is a pleasure to talk to. The cost of the job was also unmatched. I’ll be calling Robin again to do work in our new house.

Hi Jodie.

thank you so much for a glowing review.

I appreciate it for taking the time and effort to do so.

looking forward to working with you shortly.

all the best

JESSE
JESSE

Whole home drywalled and finished

I had Ronan and his team come out to drywall and finish plaster my house. Ronan not only did what was required of him as per our contract, but went above and beyond to make the jobsite shine afterwards. His team showed up on time everyday they said they would be there and left the jobsite pristine once they left. I would hire Ronan and his team again in a heartbeat. Cheers, Jesse.

Jesse thanks very much for this glowing review. we work hard and push our limits all the time and by getting such review I'd be more than happy to work for you again.

thank you!!!

Bobbie in Toronto
Bobbie in Toronto

Great response time/Great work!

Ronan has been a terrific communicator! I know he is very busy, but Ronan was kind enough to respond to me on a Sunday and has given me a very fair quote on a small job. Indeed I plan to use him for other services as well!

UPDATE to my review: Ronan just finished the repair job and I am so pleased! He did perfect and clean work. The quote he gave was not only honored, but he went above and beyond! We will certainly use and recommend Carrigane Plasterworks in the future!

thank you Bobbie.

really appreciate the great review and see you soon.

Ronan.
Carrigane plasterworks

Gregory in Toronto
Gregory in Toronto

Drywall repair

Ronan had done a fantastic job on my repairing a hole in my wall. He was very patient and meticulous. I would highly recommend him if you also need any drywall repairs.

thank you Gregory. thanks for the work and the massive review. have a good summer.

ronan

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Fantastic Work

Ronan from carrigane plasterworks drywalled and taped my new renovation. He came highly reviews from a friend of mine who is a contractor. He initially quoted me on the work and I was happy with costs going forward. He communicated throughout the project and most of all he was very punctual and his work is very neat tidy and he makes the work look easy. Easy known from his vast experience as a Irish plasterer he has done wonders with my Reno. And I advise anyone who wants quality and punctual work dont hesitate to contact him.
Thanks to Ronan and his team. And wish you more and more success.

thanks desmond for the amazing review. it was a pleasure to work with you and have a great summer .

best regards

Rose
Rose

Plaster work after electrical rewiring

We had the entire house rewired and to do so the electrician made 4 inch holes throughout the house or damaged some of the plaster around outlets. Ronan and Dave put strapping behind each hole, put in a piece of drywall, taped and plastered each hole. They worked quickly and left behind a smooth finish with little mess and cleaned up any mess they did make. They were very quick and courteous. Won't hesitate to hire them again.

thank you for such a great review. It was a
pleasure working for you.

thanks

Daniel in Scarborough
Daniel in Scarborough

Drywall and Plaster of Basement and Hallway

Hire a lawyer. we did.The job was not completed. Gave 75% of the quote and Ronan demanded a further $2ooo to finish. Told him he would get the remainder of the money upon completion as with any other contract. He walked off the job. Poor workmanship and Ronan was rarely on site to manage his staff. Issues with staff not understanding what the job was and damaging things like dryer plug.
Overheard Ronan telling staff that "these homeowners are right anal about their stairs" and joking about it. Stairs were $20k so we expected them to take the care necessary.
Area in hallway was done very poorly and it turned out the labourer who did the work was more concerned with getting to the bar for some pints than actually doing the work properly. Ronan swore up and down the work was to a high standards. I tore part of it down and uncovered poorly constructed backing. When confronted Ronan admitted work in hallway was not done properly but still demanded $2000 to continue.
A nice guy but overworked and not a businessman. Too many jobs at one time and he doesn't supervise the work or staff properly. He also left all his garbage for us to sort out.

Dear Daniel,
As the owner of Carrigane Plasterworks, I welcome reviews to help help make improvements so that future customers may benefit. Allow me to address your concerns.
The scope and payment schedule of the work was agreed in advance and there is not attempt to collect anything above and beyond. I do run a small business and the payment schedule is designed so that I may complete projects but also retain top talent. In 15 years of business, I have never walked off a project and verbally committed to return and complete the work once the payment in question was received. I also offer here, as I would with any customer to offer my after-service - which means I will return if something is amiss. My future projects depend on my current projects and don't see my projects are transactional but the start of many projects and possibly referrals.
At the time of your project, I was pivoting between 2 projects but was at your home the majority of the time. I consider my communication style very approachable and was not aware of any damage to property. Any comment regarding the stairs was my stressing to my staff to be careful as any damage would cost the customer aggravation and of course time and money to correct. Daniel, we're ready to come back on-site to finish the project. Please reach out to us so that we may resolve this issue.
Best always, Ronan

Mark
Mark
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Basement drywall and taping

Ronan and his team delivered top quality work with a high degree of professionalism and excellent communication throughout.

I initially hired a different contractor which was a huge mistake. Their work was way behind schedule, poorly done and nowhere near complete.

Ronan resuscitated the project and I could not be more pleased with the results he delivered. I highly recommend hiring them to deliver the results you want, with professional and knowledgeable service.

Thanks Ronan!

hi mark.

thank you for such a wonderful review. it was a great to be able to bring your project back to reality.
it was a challenge but with your patience and understanding it all worked out well!. thanks to Dave and team we got it done.

thanks once again

More about Carrigane Plasterworks

Welcome to Carrigane Plasterworks
Our story starts over 20 years ago in County Cork, Ireland. Carrigane is a family owned business where the fine skill of plasterING has been handed down from generation to generation.
Canada was a fine choice to move our business and we continue to offer our expertise in hanging drywall, plastering, mudding, installing crown molding and the high;y sought after Diamond Veneer Plastering.
We consider ourselves approachable, clean/tidy, transparent in all our interactions and we see you as a relationship and not a mere transaction.
We guarantee our work to a high standard finish and would encourage you to inspect our work to help you decide if you would like to work with us.
Reach out to discuss what is possible.