Reliance Home Comfort

Elaine in London
Elaine in London
1 review London, ON

Furnace Rental

Got locked into a 7 year lease agreement. At the end of the 7 year mark, I called Reliance to buy-out the furnace and end the lease. It took 1 year, and a ton of phone calls, before the Reliance Rep would return my call and firm up a buy-out price for me. AND, all the while they were stringing me along, they continued billing me! Equals an extra $1200.00 worth of monthly payments!! Then they wouldn't even deduct this money off the final buy-out price!! RHC is an outrageous company that couldn't care less about the customer!!! Couldn't pay me enough to deal with them again. :) PS - they also appear to be spreading misleading information competing companies to avoid customers switching over! RHC you are totally DIRTY!

I'm sorry to hear about the experience Elaine. If you could please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com, I would like to investigate this issue further. Thank you. RM

Cameron in Etobicoke
Cameron in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Hot Water Tank Installation

Needed to replace an existing atmospheric venting water heater with a direct vent because I orphaned the existing when a had a HE furnace installed. The installers did a great job, including suggesting a new location for the water heater that would be a little bit more out of my way.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback Cameron. Thanks very much. RM

Larry in Dundas
Larry in Dundas
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Home Comfort protection plan

Furnace making clicking sounds, 2 appts booked, nobody shows up. Furnace finally broke, no heat. They won't come unjtil tomorrow. Don't waste your money on this company and their so called protection plan.

I'm sorry to hear about this experience Larry. Can you please email me rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more information and I will do my best to assist with this issue. Thank you. Rich

VOLLIE  in Stoney creek
VOLLIE in Stoney creek
1 review STONEY CREEK, ON

heating and air conditioning

I love reliance, the sales team that works at the homeshows is very helpful! I would for sure do business with reliance again, they were a recommendation from a friend which turned out great!

Thanks for taking the time to share Vollie. We truly appreciate it. RM

Jim in Hamilton
Jim in Hamilton
3 reviews HAMILTON, ON

New Furnace

There's nothing worse than waking up to a cold house during the winter months. We called Reliance for service and within 4 hours a technician was at the house. The problem was the heat exchanger (the 4th time in 12 years), time for a new furnace. The same evening a sales rep from Reliance came by, measured each room and then suggested a furnace. We made our decision, ordered a furnace and within 36 hours it was installed (it would have been sooner but the furnace had to come in from another city). The service technicians were here at the scheduled time, installed the furnace, gave me a lesson on the thermostat and had the area cleaned in very little time. Heat!!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience Jim. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Reliance for your home comfort needs. RM

Andrew Stassen in Hamilton
Andrew Stassen in Hamilton
2 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Looking for Hot Water Replacement

We bought out our hot water heater a few years ago from Reliance and thought about getting it replaced. We phoned Reliance to get a quote or to get back on a monthly plan and I waited for 10 minutes to talk to someone. I asked them if they could give me a price and the lady started to take down all my info. I asked her if she knew a price range and said she needed all my info before she could help and then said that she needed to transfer me and proceeded to put me on hold again. We later scheduled an appointment for a quote to have someone come out. Then when someone was to come out they left a message on our machine saying that yesterdays appointment got missed or something and no one came out. No call backs or nothing. I'll look elsewhere thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about this experience Andrew and would like to lend a hand. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will be sure to get you some answers. Thanks in advance. Rich

Annette Lindsay in Burlington
Annette Lindsay in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Hot Water Heater

Feb 29,2012 I - 9.00 am, I called Reliance to tell them I had a leak coming from Hot Water Heater. By 10.30am 2 techs were at the door and I had a brand new water heater installed within 2 hours.

I cannot fault the techs or the quality of their work or the professionalism they showed towards myself and protecting my home, carpeting etc.

All I had to pay for was the new venting PVC piping which was not covered by the service contract.

THIS COMPANY HAS SERVED US VERY VERY WELL FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS. NOT ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM.

Thank you for the kind comments Annette. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. Rich

frank h in Burlington
frank h in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Furnace Replacement - Rental Program

We had the pleasure of dealing with Reliance Home Comfort when coordinating the replacement of an 18 year-old furnace. The service technician who provided the initial assessment of the problem with the old furnace was very knowledgable, courteous and helpful, and suggested a number of options for resolving our problem.

When dealing with the customer service representative she too was extremely knowledgeable, prompt, courteous and considerate. Of utmost importance was her level of communication in keeping me informed of what my/our options were, and the results of her findings upon completing an assessment of the heating requirements of the house. As an engineer I was impressed with the CSR's technical knowledge of heating and cooling systems, and the importance of proper sizing for adequate home comfort – attention was paid to every detail.

The installation crew was also very professional and completed the job with utmost care and cleanliness - the quality of work was excellent. All work was finished-off properly and no "loose-ends" were left hanging.

My thanks to Reliance Home Comfort for a pleasurable customer-service experience.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience Frank. We sincerely appreciate it and will take this feedback to our teams to echo your sentiments of a job well done. Kind regards. RM

Matthew Buckley in Georgetown
Matthew Buckley in Georgetown
2 reviews GEORGETOWN, ON

Water heater repair

Considering a previous bad billing experience and everything I'd read on here, I was expecting the worst when I contacted Reliance about a problem with my water heater rental unit.

But, the two guys that fixed the problem were quick and did repairs that made sense.

I was given an afternoon service window (1-5pm) and they arrived well within that.

The problem was with the thermocouple and a (slightly) leaking drain outlet.

They installed a brass drain cap on the outlet. For the thermocouple, they didn't carry the part. It sounds like a common part you'd carry lots of, so, from what I've read here, I expected that'd mean a second service call at some unknown future date.

But, rather than wasting a trip to the parts supplier, they went to Canadian Tire, got the part, installed it, and now it's up and running again.

So, no complaints about this service call.

Great news Matthew. We appreciate the feedback and value the time you took to share this experience. Thank you. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort

At Reliance, the safety and well-being of both our Customers and our Team Members is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. We have implemented strict safety protocols to provide both our Customers and Team members with peace of mind during this challenging time. We continue to provide the exceptional customer experiences we are synonymous for and want you to know that we are here for you when you need us.

888-837-1451 is a TOLL FREE No., please feel free to contact!!