Reliance Home Comfort

Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Barry from Oakville
Barry from Oakville

Brutal Contract, don't do it.

Brutal Contract, don't do it. Nobody mentioned an 8 year review
on the installation., only appearing in fine print on contract. Costs thousands of dollars to cancel the "rental". Completely misleading information. Don't do it!

I am sorry to hear you had a troubling experience. If you require assistance please email me with your account details at gwillson@reliancecomfort.com - Gemma

Lloyd
Lloyd

Service call

I returned from a vacation and my hot water heater was not working. Called the next day and they sent a technician later that day. Ryan called and gave me 30 minutes of lead time and arrived exactly when he said he would.
He quickly diagnosed the problem and replaced the broken part in 20 minutes. He also suggested a couple of good ideas to maintain my water heater. He was very courteous and professional. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thank you for the great review. ~Nicole

Ariel
Ariel

Caused my pipes to burst.

Called reliance yesterday morning telling them the furnace is on the fritz and my pipes are frozen.
They told me the furnace is priority however my pipes are not and made an appointment for Jan 23.
I called back explaining I pay for their total home package that covers everything and that isn't good enough what happens if the pipes burst. They moved the appointment to the 19th and said a supervisor will contact me. I was told 3 times someone will call and no one did. I was told today they were going to outsource it to a 3rd party and they did not. My pipes burst and damaged my home. No one came. I had to call a plumber to come and pay money to have it fixed all while I pay reliance every single month to not show up. NOT RELIABLE NOT THERE WHEN I NEED THEM.

Mike
Mike
0 reviews Greater Sudbury, ON

Replace Furnace

The installation was done in 3 hours. Two techs were very polite and proffessional. They took the time explain how everything works. The job was done neatly and clean. Good job guys!

Carol in Toronto
Carol in Toronto

Service Please

Friday January 14, in the northern part of Ontario, with extreme cold for casted, I found myself without heat in the house. I called Reliance Home comfort to send someone to repair my furnace that I rent from Reliance. I called three times and no one showed up or called. Saturday January I called in the morning, afternoon and evening. Still no heat and now I have frozen pipes. I don't know what it takes to get some heat. I then spring it took four mothers to get someone here. They ordered a new part to the wrong address then when I got the part I called to have it installed and waited 4 months before they came to install it and I am not sure if every ran right but at -40 something you really know when a furnace is not working.
Carol

Tankless Water Heater Broke

Problem:
Tankless water heater broke (no hot water) in condo-townhouse, it's a rental. Urgent situation as it's wintertime with outside temperature below -15°C and this system provides heating to the home via radiator in the vents, so we do not want it to fail any further.

Reliance Response = Predatory Practises:

1) Instead of fixing the unit.. Reliance sends technician and claims it has reached it's end of "Useful Life" and required it be replaced. This clause in the contract only serves to benefit them and can be easily abused, no third party is involved.

2) Refused to install a similar unit and starting upselling to a bigger unit at 5X the rental cost claiming the original unit model is now incompatible. This is preying on those with little to no knowledge of these systems at costs nearing $10,000 retail or infinite rental periods.

3) Customer service knowing the urgency of the call transferring you from department to department, long holds and wait times (30min) each transition. This creates an atmosphere of despair and hopeless in the customer which they plan to relieve with an upsell claiming they'll quickly solve the issue.

Solution:
Find another reputable company willing to install a similar unit, cancel your business with reliance. The new company will return your rental equipment to Reliance as is standard practice.

Things to Know:
Reliance will use every feature about the situation against you, they will transfer you to their salesmen every chance they get to upsell you and confuse you under the pressure. The worse your situation is the more hostile they will be towards you.

Robert Allen
Robert Allen
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Leaking faucets

3 leaky faucets in my home was no fun.
I made a follow-up service call on Friday Jan 14/22 and got an appt between 4 and 8pm the same day!!!
There was a service call a week before on Jan 7/22 where another plumber ordered the parts required for the repairs.

Today, Jan 14/22 Tommy was the plumber and he arrived 30 minutes early but waited for me to complete some errands. So 15 minutes later (still early) he entered my home and started working. He is a very pleasant and decent young man and when he had problems removing crusty and encased 18 year old plumbing which required additional tools from his truck , he explained what was happening and just got it done.
He never muttered to himself, never swore, he just kept going.
At one point one of the nuts would not budge, so he called a colleague for techniques on how to remove it, and a short time later it was done.

One of the parts shipped to me was incorrect, so Tommy said he would order the correct part and I should call to get it installed.
On receipt of the part I will call and request Tommy to attend.

This young man delivers 'old school' service where the customer must be satisfied. This one is a 'keeper'.

A Murray
A Murray
0 reviews Thunder Bay, ON

Furnace install

My 30 year old furnace recently died days before an extreme cold warning. Reliance came as soon as they possibly could to inspect and make suggestions as to the best route to take. Vince Chambers was very helpful in providing a quote and information regarding our new furnace upgrade. The install went very smoothly. Everyone I dealt with was punctual and very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Barrie customer
Barrie customer
0 reviews Barrie, ON

Electrical

Today I had Brad from reliance at my house for a service call. Amazing customer service friendly and so full of knowledge. He explained everything to me that I fully understood what he was doing. I am one happy customer once again today. Reliance never disappoints. Thanks again Brad for having the patience to explain the issues we were having.

Dorina
Dorina
0 reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Water heater

The technician was very polite and nice, he went to Burlington to pick up a part for my water heater . He replaced and old gas valve with a new one . I would give him a 10 for his service .

Hello Dorina, thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort and thank you for your support! I am glad to hear of your experience. Thank you! - Karen

More about Reliance Home Comfort

At Reliance, the safety and well-being of both our Customers and our Team Members is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. We have implemented strict safety protocols to provide both our Customers and Team members with peace of mind during this challenging time. We continue to provide the exceptional customer experiences we are synonymous for and want you to know that we are here for you when you need us.