Structube

Reviews for Structube

tammy in Toronto
tammy in Toronto

bed frame

The bed frame is lovely, even though u will have to install urself. I asked my friends to help, but it still takes us 2 hours to install. The piece is huge, so make sure to pay for delivery if u don't have a big car.

in_shock in North york
in_shock in North york

furnishing our new home

WORST customer service...Manager is useless...very bad attitude towards clients. I will never shop at Structube again.
Everything is always on backorder and when it isn't and delivered ontime it's usually defective.
The thing that topped the cherry on the sunday was their lack of knowledge in the furniture they sell. How is the manager of a store not able to tell the client care instructions for a specific piece of furniture? NEVER AGAIN!

Grace Liu in Toronto
Grace Liu in Toronto

bed frame, shoe rack

I was looking for modern furniture that have affordable prices and have better qualities than IKEA. I fell in love with the simple, modern furniture styles that Structube has. The only complaint I have the prices at Structube is very firm, but the prices are reasonable and services are good.

Kyle in Etobicoke
Kyle in Etobicoke

Purchase of a coffee table

After purchasing a lamp from the Mississauga store, which we were able take home from the store, we decided to purchase a coffee table. We decided on the new 'Xenia' style. It was advertised as Oak and tempered glass.

We called the Oakville store, and placed our order via credit card. It was to be delivered on the Saturday (this is Saturday #1). When we ordered, the sales girl made sure to tell us, that if there was damage after we unpacked it, to call them and they would arrange a new one to be sent... We thought this was a little odd.. But we thought nothing of it.

On Saturday number one, the delivery was made. As soon as we unpacked the base, we noticed it looked like it had been dropped on the corner.... So obviously it would need to be replaced. We checked the glass top.. It had a 2 inch scratch in it - straight out of the box.

We immediately called the store - they assured us that they would arrange delivery of a new piece for us on Saturday. This would be Saturday number two....

On Wednesday we called to confirm delivery... And low and behold, IT WAS NOT ORDERED!!!! Structube has to have orders in by Tuesday for delivery on Saturday..... So after a few more calls we agree to have the new piece delivered to the store the next Saturday (Saturday #3). The store agreed to inspect each piece for us for damage. I even spoke to a rep there after confirming the base looked good, and reminded him to look at the glass... He said he would call me if there were issues...... I heard nothing from him. We also wanted to pick it up ourselves since we didn't trust the delivery guys...

Yesterday was Saturday #3..... We were able to look at the pieces in their dark, dimly lit back room. It looked okay. We brought it home. This morning we unpacked it and started putting it together. The base was fine. But the glass had a 4 inch scratch, again, right out of the box. What's worse, is as soon as we put the glass on the base the veneer cracked on the bottom corner, and chipped right off.

Enough was enough... We packed it back up, and brought it back to the store.....

- I was told when I came in, that this model table is having serious issues, something we should have been told when we first purchased
- both our tables, and their display model are/were damaged
- we couldn't even get our money back today because someone rung up our original sale wrong... So now we are minus a coffee table, three weeks of our time, AND $340, apparently it will be fixed tomorrow... But I doubt it will without some more phone calls

Bottom line, I would never recommend buying anything from Structube that you can't inspect and walk out of the store with. Their designs are great, but their quality is crap. You are better off going with IKEA - their service is much better, and their quality is much higher too.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Anything... It is simply horrible.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Spent a couple hundred more and shop at a more reputable place.
Neverstructube
Neverstructube
1 review Kanata, ON

tv stand & coffee table

We ordered a tv stand and a coffee table from structube in ottawa (train yards) last week and they called us to confirm the delievery, which would be dec. 18 from 2:00pm to 7:00pm. I took a day off today to wait for this delievery,but right now it's 7:30pm and I didn't get anything,not even a phone call!!! So I called the store and talked the sales person I was dealing with and she kept telling me that they were not related to the delievery company and they couldn't reach them. She kept telling me that she didn't know and she couldn't do anything about this. I am very very disappointed about their customer service! I shouldn't perchurse from structube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carmen in Avenue rd and Lawrence
Carmen in Avenue rd and Lawrence

Sofa and dining table

After long search, Structube showed a very good option for furniture. The employees were nice (not pushy) and the delivery is VERY affordable. The furniture arrived without any problems.
I recomend this store.

laur0406 in Thornhill
laur0406 in Thornhill
4 reviews Thornhill, ON

Floor lamp

The staff at this store were very friendly. I was meeting m husband there, and he was running a little bit late. We were specificaly looking for a floor lamp that the carry, and even though it was close to closing, they did not rush us when he finally got there. We were debating between two lamps. They were very patient with us. This made it a great shopping experience and I would certainly shop there again!

Sara in North York
Sara in North York
3 reviews North York, ON

Bedroom set and delivery

Structube has very stylish pieces but beware - their customer service is simply terrible. I ordered a bedroom set and had to wait over a month for delivery. Because they're a small company, they tend to run out of stock and customers have to be prepared to wait weeks if not months for their purchases.

I agreed to wait but was not prepared for the hassles that ensued after I made the purchase. First, the delivery date was delayed by over 2 weeks. Then they called me TWICE to remind me to pay the balance in the store before the delivery date. It was like adding insult to injury.

Worst of all, their delivery people were unbeievably rude and lazy. The guys carried the first items into my bedroom and I noticed they left their shoes on. As I had just had the carpet professionally cleaned, I was concerned. I asked them politely to take their shoes off and they refused. They pretended not to hear me and continued to bring in another load with their shoes on. I repeated my request and they decided to leave the remaining items in the middle of my front hallway, blocking access into and out of my condo.

I asked them to move the items into my bedroom and they refused, citing concerns about injuring their backs. What a piece of crock. I had paid $60 for delivery and these fools expect me, a petite 5'2" girl, to lift these heavy items by myself.

This is not how a customer should be treated, much less one who has spent close to $3,0000 on a single purchase ($5,000 in total) and has had to wait over a month for much-needed furniture.

A friend had recommended Structube to me but after this experience, I will discourage my friends and family from shopping here. They clearly do not aim to please their customers. The next time I need furniture I will be spending my money somewhere else.

BECA in North York
BECA in North York
1 review North York, ON

Family room furnishing

Loved the selection of pieces in the store, and was very excited about the sidetable and coffee table. Unfortunately, when we were called to pick up our order, it took the staff almost 40 minutes to locate it in the warehouse. Then when I unpacked everything I realized that they had given me an incorrect piece & there was a chip on the coffee table. When I exchanged the table for a new one, there was a chip on the new table top too. Although I liked the style, and I shouldn't have really expected too much for the price I paid, it was really disappointing to find out that the furniture couldn't even hold up to regular packaging and shipping without getting damaged.
Turns out the same thing happened to some friends also. I recommend Structube if you want something better than Ikea, but want to replace the pieces in a few years.

Grace in Scarborough
Grace in Scarborough
2 reviews ,

Table and Chairs

We have bought furniture for our condo which can expand and collapse given our small space. Structube offers a good selection for the price. The only setback is that their stuff is always hot, so you might have to wait a while for your order to come in. The other great thing about this company is that it's Canadian and Montreal-based.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Looking for Furniture pros in North York?