Mhc Home Comfort

44 Dundas St. W. Mississauga ON L5B 1H3

Reviews for Mhc Home Comfort

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

unethical business practice

My wife went to buy the Dimplex Opty myst pro in May . They make her pay in full in order to secure the unit. Said they will hold for her and she can pick up whenever we are ready. In mid June, we call them to tell them we will come to pick it up and they said they SOLD our unit to another customer. WE PAID THIS UNIT IN FULL !! and they resell our unit. We were very upset as now we dont have a unit and had already paid in full. They offer to return the money but now we dont have a unit and have to wait 3 months for new stock to come. Proof of receipt below. NEED TO STAY AWAY from this store!! save yourself the headache. No ethics at all with these people. I cant believe they are taking customer's money and then resell the unit and simply 'return me back the money' after 2 months. You cannot advance customer's money like that. Business take treats customers like this should not be around!!!!

Superb Gas fireplace

What a great experience dealing with MHC, from purchase to especially installation, Hamid the installer was so skilfull and thorough, and so genuinely polite and courteous, very professional , l highly reccomend the entire team, ty, the project went very smooth and nicely , ìt was a pleeasure, ty Hamid for a job well done

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Air Conditioning

I contacted MHCC recently to request service for my Carrier air conditioner. After 20 years, it simply cut out - in the middle of a heat wave! A service representative named Matthew was sent to do a diagnostic and offer his recommendations. He told me what I already suspected: my trusted Carrier needed to be replaced. Matthew promptly followed up with placing the order and promised he would do his best to have the installation done in a couple of days. That was Tuesday. On Thursday - July 1st - a new unit was delivered/installed. Matthew called later to check that everything was OK. Thank you MHCC - and Matthew!

Exuma107$
Exuma107$

A/C spring tune up plus cleaning

I have always been pleased with the service home comfort has provided whether it be for my a/c in the spring or my furnace in the fall. We have been fortunate to have the same serviceman, Matthew, for the couple of years. He is wonderful. Thank you.
Heather

Rose L
Rose L

Mrs

MHC has now installed three fireplaces in my newly built house and completed the job with a high level of efficiency and professionalism. Their selection of fireplaces is wide and prices are reasonable. I have already suggested this company to a few friends, and highly recommended it.

Malcolm in Mississauga
Malcolm in Mississauga

Naoleon Fire place insert AX36 with Mantel

Was installed March 2020. About a week later the EFire-CONTROLLER stop wiring. Eric came over and remove the Blue tooth module and reattach. A week later eFire-CONTROLLER stop working again. I saw what Eric did and I did the same.
I did not use the fire place again until September, and which time same problem. Eric came over again, did the same thing. Two days later again it stop working, this time it got worst.
The fire place was turn on, with eFire-CONTROLLER and because it stop working , try to use the remote control and it was not working. I remove the screen, but it was so hot I got burn. After removing the screen, I manage to reset the remote control.
Other issue Napoleon said I could have switch off the fireplace. Problem I still have to remove the screen. Now Napoleon said I should have someone to remove switch and install it outside. Issue I have an hearth installed and the walls is all bricked.
I would not recommend this product, without moving the switch outside.

February 11, 2021 MHC came over and give me a replacement for the Bluetooth. They also installed an extension wire for the switch. I now moved the switch outside of the fireplace and on the wall. We could now switch off the fire place from the wall. The switch is set to remote control. Efire and the remote is now working.

Firepace Gas Insert

We are seniors. On December 3rd 2020, during the removal of the existing wood insert, the concrete hearth was scratched; the wall panel on the staircase was scratched; a motion detector lamp bracket on the wall panel was damaged and last but not least, the back entrance door was dented and scratched. On December 3rd, we called Eric (the manager) and told him what had happened. Eric said he would come on December 4th, which he did. Took a picture of the damage made to the back door and said "It is my fault and I take full responsibility and will talk to my installers."
This company has not returned telephone calls or responded to our email, sent December 16th. Their payment policy and liability statements are questionable. We would recommend strongly to shop elsewhere as they ask for a deposit of one thousand dollars and full payment prior to installation. They do not take responsibility for property damage whatsoever. Surely, this company must have liability insurance.

UPDATE:

We were finally contacted by Roya, the owner of MHC Homecomfort.
She apologized for the time delay in responding to our concerns.
A settlement offer for damages was agreed upon and both parties have reconciled.
Thank you, Roya.

Dennis in GTA
Dennis in GTA

Tankless water heater installation

Background
I recently had changed up my 11 year old 50 gal water heater tank located in my basement townhouse with a 199 BTU Rinnai tankless. The tank had rust and leaking (rusty water) coming from the tank.so I decided to look for a new water heater.

Sourcing
I had requested for 3 quotes and decided on MHC due to workmanship familiarity and price. The other quotes were either 25% higher, asked to pay $80 for a quote, or never called back and they never left a call back number.

Initially the MHC Sales Rep (Eric) recommend a 160BTU unit for my townhouse but I had concerns if I need to use all 3 shows in the house and a couple of faucets if we had a lot of guests I opted for the large capacity model (199BTU) as it was only $300 more plus taxes compared to the overall price.

Installation
This was done in 2 phases.

Phase 1:
First day was to connect another natural gas connection from the main to the tankless as it required a larger diameter pipe than the current 0.5 inch connection in place for the existing tanked heater. They drilled into the foundation, connected a flexible metal tubing and with any other gas leak validation was done in half a day. I ask multiple times that they caulk the outside the foundation around the tubing just to make sure no extra little things came inside that way.

Phase 2:
Installation day of the new tankless heater. The new device was definitely smaller both in sized and in the footprint compared to the tank heater. The new tankless is roughly 1/6 the size of my water heater tank and the tankless is mounted flush on a board against the wall freeing up 4ft x 2.5ft footprint. The piping in and out of the tankless was plastic (PVC?) instead of copper which is ok as it would be a better insulator compared to copper reducing some heat loss. The technicians drilled new foundation holes for the new tankless ventilation and the job was done in less than a day.

Post Installation Problems
1) Water flow or pressure issues
The hot water was not providing enough flow compared to the cold water (30% difference). Thus I could only one of anything (ie 1 shower or faucet) at a time. My wife mentioned this to the technician the day when the new tankless was installed but the tech indicated this was normal until I confirmed the issue measuring the water flows for Scenario 1 (2 showers) and Scenario 2 (2 showers plus kitchen faucet).

This took 3 weeks to resolve until the original technician remembered that the main water line may not have been fully opened before he came back the 3rd week. Larger diameter plastic tubes were used to replace the original 0.5 inch to the tankless but it was mainly due to fully opening up the main water line. The tankless did have some resistance but now hot and cold lines outputted a similar amount of water.

Things to think about or need to ask for
- Any drilling in the foundation I asked they at least caulked around the outside where the new vent pipes or gas line come into the basement. This is to prevent any water and/or very flexible rodents from getting in easily.
- Before the installation check how the water is flowing typically in your house under normal usage. I have to bath the kids when my wife showers and sometimes with an active laundry machine. So I definitely noticed when the low flow issue when I bath the kids. There was more water flowing out of my kids than the hot water. I didn't check the flows beforehand so I could only compare with the cold water as water should flow normally regardless of temperature. As it turns out I may not reach full capacity of my tankless as my water flow only gives me 5-6 GPM while the tankless can handle 9.6 GPM.
- Some cleaning up on the inside you may have to take care of on your own. I have concerns about the basement foundation holes so I caulked where the pipes came into the house from the inside of the foundation too.

Device installed
Tankless Water Heater
Brand: Rinnai
Model: RU199iN

Conclusion

Final Rating 8/10 (This is separate from the HomeStars rating)

Reduced rating score from 10 due to
-1 Forgetting to fully turn on the main water connection
-0.5 Troubleshooting for 3 weeks. I could still use a shower and understanding due to the overall pandemic situation. If it was not a pandemic or I could not use any hot water then the penalty is at least 1 if not more.
-0.5 Post clean up issue from the foundation drilling of the vents and gas line connection. Anyone who doesn't get this penalty is probably charging more upfront and this is a small issue to me as I can handle this myself.

Overall I'm fine with the installation and pricing. I was in a state where it was usable until MHC resolve my issues. I would recommend them to other people.

Hop Ho from Mississauga
Hop Ho from Mississauga

HVAC Maintenance and Furnace Repair

The previous owner purchased their furnace, AC and fireplace replacement from MHC Home Comfort as seen from their sticker on the equipment. Since I had their contact, I tried them out for HVAC regular maintenance. I am glad they came because they found out a serious problem with the furnace which I suspect was caused from a separate water heater leak which Matthew the technician revealed to me. MHC was reasonable with the costs and gave me options like replacing the furnace. I ended up choosing to replace the circuit board which luckily resolved the issue. Thanks MHC Home Comfort.

wainui123 in Mississauga
wainui123 in Mississauga

Furnace, barbeque, air conditioner.

Over the last 5 years we have bought a furnace, a barbeque, and an air conditioner from MHC. We have always been happy with their service and quality products. Fast, professional, and at a very good price. I definitely recommend MHC be on your list for quotes.

Dear valued customer,
We appreciate your feedback and are glad that we have met your needs!
Feel feel free to call us for any future services or inquiries.
Best Regards,
MHC Management Team

More about Mhc Home Comfort

MHC Home Comfort has premium quality products, and in-store financing along with the service that you need. Our warm and inviting 8000 square feet showroom displays the most advanced state-of-the-art fireplace technology, plus Napoleon gas grills, patio heaters, Carrier and Lennox furnaces and air conditioners. Comfort advisors and fireplace designers ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Mississauga ?