Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Katie in Hamilton
Katie in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Furnace, AC and Water Heater

First off I just want to say that the people who I have met from them are wonderful however I had them in June installed a furnace, Air conditioner and water heater unfortunately it was done incorrectly. It took a couple of visits and some persuasion but I believe the issue was fixed in December. Because of this I have been paying extra on heating and gas. I called on December 28th and January 10th to be financially compensated but no one is calling my back. The people who I have talked to are very nice but they're not in the position to help me. I'm definitely regretting going with this company. I'll be looking this review up until I hear back from them.

Dundashomeowner
Dundashomeowner
1 review Hamilton, ON

furnace check and replacement of humidifier

The worker who came to replace the furnace filter and inspect the furnace yesterday did a great job ( Alex ? ). The 2 men today did a very good job of exchanging the humidifier that was installed in December 2020 with a working one.

R Mueller
R Mueller
0 reviews Guelph, ON

Heat Pump & Furnace Installation

Boonstra installed a heat pump and furnace that their sales rep. GW, assured us would qualify for the government incentives. We were just informed that it does NOT. We spent over $40k--too much to start--and now don't qualify for the Greener Homes Grant or the interest-free government loan at an additional cost of over $20k (loss of grant and interest-free loan cost). I contacted the sales rep, GW, a few times but no response eventually reached TI, Sales Manager, Right Time Group of Companies which owns Boonstra, and after initial communications with an offer to pay for the lost grant, $5,000, an additional $5000 for my "inconvenience," and to try to arrange for a 10-year loan at 4.99%, all of which does not make up for my losses and therefore is unacceptable, he has stopped responding also.
This company is incompetent at best, unethical at worst. I have lost all trust and confidence in Boonstra and will update on how well their No Loopholes guarantee works, the No Hassels, Just Right, and We Respect You aspects of their assurances obviously are not being honoured.

Laurie. in Burlington
Laurie. in Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Service

I pay a monthly fee for regular summer and winter maintenance. Today was the winter maintenance. Aprim was very prompt, personable and efficient. He did a very thorough job on my furnace and explained what he did very thoroughly. I would highly recommend him and Boonstra.

Laurie, thank you for your review and your continued support!

Sandy Nevard
Sandy Nevard
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Exceptional work as always

The crew were very friendly and professional. They completed the humidifier install in a timely manner and their clean-up was impeccable. I highly recommend BOONSTRA for all your needs.

Sandy, thank you for your recommendation. We appreciate you choosing Boonstra!

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Very friendly and thorough

We have had our equipment for approximately seven years now. No issues. We get the systems maintain twice a year and the service men are always very polite and knowledgeable

Thank you for your continued support!

Elaine Smith from Burlington
Elaine Smith from Burlington
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace and Air Conditioner Maintenance

I pay $22.54 per month for the maintenance package.

Boonstra technicians are always friendly and very thorough in their work. Today, Jeff, arrived in a timely fashion and discovered the problem with my furnace. Regular maintenance occurs every spring and fall to check both appliances. They contact me and make the appointment to fit my schedule.
I wrote the above review after the initial visit but since then I revoke it all! Communication was despicable. The parts were available one week after the visit but it was in the warehouse. I do not know why it could not have been delivered to bc the technician but it was not.. the warehouse is not open on Saturday but on Friday I was told they would have a technician pick it up from the warehouse and come to my house on Saturday. On Saturday I got a call that the part was not available for my appointment. I asked to speak to a manager snd he called but ip yo now have not received a call back re an upcoming visit. Absolutely unacceptable!!!

Review has 1 previous version

Elaine, I'm sorry to hear your most recent experience with us was not a positive one. We know you have been a loyal client of ours, and we would like the chance to make this right. My name is Brad and I am the Operations Manager at Boonstra. I will be phoning you so we can discuss how we can fix this. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, please call us at 289-348-0401. Thank you!

Catherine in Hamilton
Catherine in Hamilton
10 reviews Hamilton, ON

Heating & Air Conditioning Maintenance

We purchased our furnace/air conditioner from Boonstra 8 yrs ago and opted to pay monthly for the yearly maintenance program for each. The techs come in a timely manner every spring and fall and take care of any problems that come up in between. Thank you Jeff for going above and beyond with our humidifier yesterday, cleaning it out before replacing the filter we purchased through you.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Boonstra! We love hearing when our team can go above and beyond, so thank you again for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it!

R in Candiac
R in Candiac
0 reviews Burlington, ON

good job friendly service

We have delt wit Boonstra for over 50 years and have always been satisfies with service.

Thank you for the wonderful praise! We're happy you were able to experience Boonstra's service we pride ourselves on, and we're so glad to have you as a client! Have a wonderful day!

Nick & Pat in Hamilton
Nick & Pat in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Duct Cleaning Service

Thank you to Chris & Cory of Boonstra's. We were scheduled for duct cleaning today and received a call telling us that they would be there within 10 minutes.

Chris & Cory were very courteous and extremely mindful of our home. They did a wonderful job.

More about Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Burlington?