Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Reviews for Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

New Furnace and AC

Our furnace packed up unexpectedly so,on the recommendation of a friend we called Boonstra. A technician came the same evening (no after hours extra cost), restarted the furnace but advised us it should be replaced as soon as possible. The technician arranged for Peter from their sales department to visit us the next day. Peter explained all our options thoroughly and checked that the equipment was available. The installation team of Jimmy and Vaughan arrived the next morning and installed the new furnace. Jimmy came back the following day with Mickey to install the new AC.
The whole experience went very smoothly and efficiently, everyone involved was highly professional and friendly. We would definitely recommend Boonstra.

Wray
Wray
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace repair

Conner came out to repair my furnace as it wasn't working. He trouble shot the problem and had it working in no time. Excellent service, professional, polite, and knowledgeable. Very pleased!

Cam N.
Cam N.
1 review Kingston, ON

Service work

Just finished my first experience with Haven Home. The technician was very efficient and knowledgeable. He completed the work and provided me with my options.
Very professional !
I would not hesitate to recommend Haven home heating.
Cam N

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Furnace Maintenance

I have never received such poor customer service from a business as I recently did with Boonstra’s Hamilton location. I booked a furnace maintenance appointment with them as a first time customer because they are a well known company so I thought they’d be a safe bet. I couldn’t have been more mistaken. They called me the morning they were supposed to arrive and cancelled the appointment. They couldn’t reschedule it sooner than 3 weeks later. The appointment was booked for the afternoon but my husband decided to book the morning off work so I called Boonstra a week prior to the 2nd appointment and asked to switch it to the morning. The girl said it was no problem and the time had been changed to between 8am-12 pm. The morning of the appointment I called at 9:30 to ask what time my husband could expect them and the girl said “you’re appointment is not until this afternoon”. I explained to her that I had changed the time a week ago and she said she would look into it and call me right back. An hour later I still had not heard back so I called again. Of course this time I got a different person and she told me the same thing. She did however call back and said that the technician would be there in the morning and she guaranteed me that he would be done by 1:30 pm as I told her that my husband has to leave by 1:30 pm. At 12:20 pm I received a call saying the technician was on his way and would be there in 15 minutes. An hour later (at 1:30 pm) we called back as no one had shown up still. This person told me he would be there in 30 minutes. She apologized as I
told her my husband had taken the morning off work and now he was going to have to take the afternoon off also. She told me she would have the district manager call me but of course, I never heard from anyone. The technician did finally show up at 2:00 pm without a word of apology and without leaving the promised “free” furnace filter for the inconvenience of them cancelling our first appointment. Not that I cared about it but still another broken promise. I really expected more from this company since the reviews are mostly very good. However, that was my first and last experience with them. I have told many coworkers, family and friends about this terrible experience and they were also shocked and said they would never use them. Dec. 3, 2021t

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

AC and furnance

Excellent job done. The whole company was very professional from start to finish
Kevin and James explained the entire process before the installation and did a great job. Would definitely recommend Boonstra.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace maintenance

Andrew was great. On time and always the professional. Furnace checked out fine as expected. He left the furnace room neat and tidy as he does everytime he visits. I told him l home to have a light installed in the furnace room for his next visit in the spring.

Avishek
Avishek
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Furnace and AC Installation

Changed the review because of 1 good thing about Boonstra - its technicians. Omar and Corey resolved the issue amicably; the earlier technicians (Andrew and Jimmy) were also good, friendly, and resolved our initial issues.

I am still taking away 1 Star because of the Sales Process that lacked transparency; plus some experiences with appointments not met and rescheduled by more than 3 weeks + some lack of and poor communication from Call Center left a bad taste.

Furnace and A/C Maintenance

The cost is $22 per month for two annual inspections and other benefits. I have had Boonstra maintain my furnace and A/C unit for 7 years now. When you pay monthly they also provide filters for the year. Just had Jeff in to do the pre winter maintenance. He was very personable and very thorough. He explained everything well. I have no hesitation in recommending Jeff and Boonstra.

1 review Burlington, ON

Furnace and Ac

Just had a furnace and Ac installed.I dealt with Sean their service rep.Very professional,explained everything in detail,very nice person to deal with.Oh ya he’s getting married so congratulations to Sean and his future wife.Your a lucky gal.Looks like the install guys did a great job!Equipment and performance review will come later

L. Jolioceur from Ancaster
L. Jolioceur from Ancaster
2 reviews Sudbury, ON

Furnace repair

We called for a furnace repair. Our technician was Mart and he was professional and efficient. He took his time to explain what was wrong with our furnace and how he would repair it. We appreciate the great service given. Highly recommend Boonstra and Mart.

More about Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning

Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning started in 1961 as a one-man operation out of the basement of Clarence Boonstra’s home on Algonquin Street. Shortly there after Clarence purchased the current location across the road. From its meager yet ambitious beginnings, the company has become one of the largest heating and ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Burlington?