Cba Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

Vancouver BC V6H 1P9
Alarm Systems
Cba Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

Reviews for Cba Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Horrible company

We got CBA alarm to set up alarm monitoring a few years ago. After a year of using their service, we didn't find the company nor the staff very helpful, So we cancel the service. The company kept sending us multiple invoices even after we have cancelled our service. They also called my work phone, called all my contacts on the emergency phone number list I provided them when we first signed up, called my sister in laws, my friends. Basically harassing us. We tell them sternly each time that we have cancelled years ago. They just wouldn't let go. One day a guy from the company just showed up at my door unannounced, asking for money again. We told him we have cancelled. The guy said they have to manually cancel some signal inside my house. They never said they need to send someone to cancel the signal before. Got in my house and did a bunch of things to my alarm system. We were suspicious and ask for that guy's business card. Turns out he's the president of the company. A few weeks later I still received an invoice from them asking for money. This is a pathetic company that probably operates with two person. The owner and his wife. Stay far away. I'm going to call the police if this guy dares to show up at my door again.

Our records showed that the client started the monitoring service on May 3rd, 2013 and expired on July 2nd, 2014 and that CBA sent out the renewal invoices automatically. The contract agreement said that service will continue unless there is a written notice for termination. Since we had not received any response from the client for more than one year, CBA started to call the client and property reference to see whether or not they still lived in the premise to continue the service. We are sorry that our few calls to the clients verifying clients' information made you feel like "...harassment "..."rude".

The client said she had called for cancellation..." in response to this point, we wanted to find out if CBA asked her verification code & address and a written form for cancellation. If not, there was no cancellation in exist only by a "what you say".

Finally, our uniformed technician was dispatched as pre-appointment to visit the premise to disable the signal & stop service.

It is ridiculous to say that "CBA operate with two people." CBA has been in business for over 25 years. BBB accredited member with A+ rating since 1996, rated one of top 10 biggest security companies by Vancouver Police. We always put safety on our top and utmost priority. Furthermore, CBA has made various charity donations or sponsorships to the communities such as VGH Foundation, Children's Hospital Foundation, Cancer Society, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Foundation, and Chi Heng Foundation, among others.

Dan from Surrey
Dan from Surrey
1 review Richmond, BC

Alarm system

We paid for the hardware upfront but the unit only works for 26 months before it completely broken down. There was no warranty or coverage. We just paying the monthly subscription but without the minitor service. Not recommend

The office, service department and monitoring center phones numbers are always available to help. We recommend the client to test their alarm every 3 months (sticker in the keypad has labeled all of the phone numbers). Sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service.

Lydia from Surrey
Lydia from Surrey
2 reviews Richmond, BC

ALARM SYSTEM

The sales/ Service staff is hard to reach, and barely returns phone calls. Once the system is installed, that's it, you won't receive any kind of follow up. I would not recommend this company.

Our service and monitoring centre phone numbers are always available, 24 hours a day. Sorry to hear you did not be able to reach us.

Jeremy Liao in Vancouver
Jeremy Liao in Vancouver
9 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Alarm Installation

When we moved into this house, we didnt know the master code. So we called up CBA and they sent a technician over. He was very professional. He found out that our battery was dying and changed it, and also noticed one of the sensor wasn't working and that was repaired. He also figured out where each of the sensors were and showed us how to use the system. Overall a very good experience. Would definitely use again.

Thank you. We always want to give the best service to all of our clients.

Josh Wong in Vancouver
Josh Wong in Vancouver
8 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Alarm System

I was previously involved with CBA (A Chinese-based Alarm Service) in Vancouver for my security services. After a break-in, I changed my alarm services for several reasons. After the alarm activated, they simply called me while I was on vacation asking, "Should we call the alarm?" (Unlike many of the newer security services, they do not have patrolling cars or officers). Secondly, they could not find a way to secure my home or provide comfort to me in anyway so I had to panic on vacation and call my neighbour (who was on vacation) to somehow secure my house. There are other alarm services that are out there who are willing to do much more (patrol, come to your house, secure the property, alert the police etc).

CBA is a multi-language company. Sorry to hear you had a break-in in your home while you were on vacation. We did handle the alarm signal accordingly; notified the property reference and dispatched the police. It is a matter of choice. Some other alarm companies provide both 24 hours monitoring service and patrolling service for extra charge. Our company always has the service and monitoring phone number available, 24 hours a day, and is always willing to help in any circumstances.

More about Cba Electrical & Security Services Ltd.

CBA Electrical & Security Systems Ltd. was established in 1989. The president, Bill Lau, graduated from the University of Waterloo and obtained a bachelor degree of Science. Mr. Lau has been in the fields of electrical contracting and security systems for more than 30 years. The business is growing perpetually under the leadership of Mr. Lau.

As per ‘Business in Vancouver’ annual reports, CBA has been ranked as one of the top seven biggest alarm companies in Vancouver for the past five years(1996 - 2000). CBA is the only one Chinese owned and operated alarm companies on the list.

CBA is a diversified company. Services include residential and commercial alarm installation, maintenance, closed circuit television system (CCTV) and fire alarm system. CBA also provides a bilingual(Chinese and English) 24-HR monitoring service and holds the highest class “A” unrestricted electrical contractor license.