2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Moving & Storage
Victoria BC V9A 3M4
Moving & Storage
2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Reviews for 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

DS
DS
1 review Victoria, BC

Don't hire them. You've been warned.

We were quoted that it would cost around $2100 for a move of a 2100 square foot house - because I knew we had a lot of items to move I phoned them the week of our move to confirm with them that we had a “house full of furniture as well as a garage.”

We were rather concerned that nobody came to do an actual estimate of our belongings but we figured that they must know what you were doing.

When the first team of movers arrived, they walked through the house, declared that we had “a lot of stuff” and it was “really big” and then drove away. We received a phone call from your office, moments later, saying that we weren’t ready to move and so the movers were going elsewhere. We tried to explain that we had friends/family coming later in the day to move the items that “weren’t packed yet” because we wanted extra care taken with them, but we were simply told that new movers would come for 1:00.

We then received phone calls explaining that the movers would be there a little late - and then at 2:30 were told they were finally on their way. Ultimately they didn’t arrive until around 3:00. This was extremely frustrating because it meant that the friends/family we had lined up to help us at 4:00 were now “in the way” of the movers. As well, our cleaner who had been asked to come at 4:00 was not able to start her job as very little had actually been moved by 4:00. She ended up working until late in the night to get the cleaning done, as the movers were there until quite late.

Some of the new team of movers did not behave in a professional manner - one was shaking our shelving units (and was actually reprimanded by another mover and told to “act his age”), swearing, playing inappropriate music, speaking rudely to our friends, etc.

Somebody who appeared to be more in charge eventually came, and admitted that there weren’t enough movers for this job and that we wouldn’t be charged any more for the extra hassle/inconvenience of not having things moved in time.

But we were charged $4200- more than two other companies quoted us.

Whatever you do, do not choose these guys. You clearly get what you pay for. Although in our case, we paid double.

Private User reviews Langley, BC

Broken Promises

We went with 2 Burley Men for a move from Edmonton to Langley due to the length of drive it would take to do all at once. We were promised everything would arrive on time for our possession date on the 29th, which was important as my wife started work just 3 days after that and we needed the time to get prepared. I believe it was the owner who made that promise. We ended up getting told 24 hours before we were going to be there unpacking with a bunch of help that took time off work to help unpack, that they were going to be delayed as they had decided to add shipments to their order and put them before ours. Our stuff ended up arriving a day and a half late and they did not finish the move until late that night.

We were given no discount for the delays and virtually no apology beyond them saying "what were they going to do?". On top of that, the second moving crew with a boss that was busy berating his employees for most of the move, anytime we werent obviously nearby, damaged the one item that we specifically told them was important to us. An expensive glass drawer that was passed down from my wife's grandma. We received $105 for that but does little to fix our drawer.

The original packers were quick and their boss was polite. Everything after that was awful.

Sam in Kelowna
Sam in Kelowna
0 reviews Kelowna, BC

UNRELIABLE

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone... We had booked a move from Kamloops to Victoria while in advance. The movers were set to come on the Sunday to have us moved out of our house before the new owners took possession the Tuesday at noon. One week before our move date the driver called and said they were having truck problems so they would have to delay. He said they would now be coming on Monday and assured me everything would be moved out in time still. Then on Sunday they called and said they will have to delay again until Tuesday... the day we had to be out.... After many conversations with the driver and another driver (who was very rude) we were told they would be there Tuesday at 9am to do a 7 hour load... the time we had to hand over the keys was at noon... After many phone calls we were told they would come at 7 am and be done by noon. We did NOT trust them at this point because of A) how many times they had changed our pickup and how we felt like we were getting the short end of the stick with their truck problems and B) just how rude they about the whole situation,
We ended up getting our own Uhaul the night before possession and doing the entire move ourselves! It was a NIGHTMARE!!!! These guys are VERY UNRELIABLE!!!! If you need to be out of your house at a certain time pick a different company. They expected us to pay them $6000 for horrible LATE service.

Jen G
Jen G
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Delayed move, unresolved repairs

We booked 2BM to move us within Edmonton on July 27, giving us a few days afterward to do a deep cleaning on our old place. We were told they would arrive at 8am that day. 8:12 am on the 27th, I got a call saying they local office had only just been informed that morning and they weren't going to arrive until 9am, despite us doing the booking a month prior. After 9am I got another call saying their truck had broken down, they were waiting for the back-up truck and would be there by 11. After more calls along this vein (can't drive stick, waiting for a new driver, waiting for a job to finish so we can just use their truck), they finally arrived around 6:30pm, but by then it was too late to finish so they did a bit over half of it and said they would return the next day as soon as one of them finished a job so they could complete our job. They did not return on the 28th and were mostly uncommunicative (busy) until I asked if I needed to find a different company, at which point they said they would be there by noon on the 30th. At this point, we had already had to cancel things like the carpet cleaning, which have since come out of our damage deposit. They did arrive on the 30th, again around 6pm.

Through the move they left dents and scrapes on the walls, some of them significant. The ones at the old place have already come out of our damage deposit, and they said if I contacted their Service department they would send someone to repair the new place. They also removed the door to our deep freeze for the move and misplaced the parts, so it no longer has an attached door. I contacted their Service department August 5 and despite repeated follow-ups have only gotten back broken promises to have things fixed "this week" or "soon", or simply no response at all. Some of the damage is keeping us from getting furniture into place, which has stalled our unpacking despite it being a month since, and aren't able to properly use the deep freeze.

They did, however, decline to charge us for the services of one of the movers each day to try and make up for the service delays, and they're quite friendly...when you can actually manage to speak with them.

Damanbir in Vancouver
Damanbir in Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Zero customer service and Unprofessional staff

THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL FOLKS WITH ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE COME ACROSS:

I arranged for a packing and moving service with these guys and they quoted me "$100.00 per hour - includes 2 men & 1 truck (Basic Tool) includes: Travel Time, Move Time, Boxes and Supplies)"

I was not at my place because I am stuck overseas due to COVID-19 so my friend oversaw the move on my behalf. I was hoping for some peace of mind hiring these folks to do the move but this is the LAST AND ONLY time I would avail their services and deal with them:

1) NO PACKING MATERIALS PROVIDED
2) UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF
3) NO TOOLS TO DISASSEMBLE THE FURNITURE
4) NO WEARING MASKS OR PROTECTIVE GEAR FOR COVID

Here is what ensued on the moving day:

1. The moving crew arrived WITHOUT the packing or miscellaneous supplies. Besides that, my friend overseeing the move on my behalf, had to help them pack up clothing and other miscellaneous items in plastic bags and other makeshift boxes while the girl (part of the moving crew) kept on saying it's not her fault, she only gets paid $19/hour, and generally being super defensive about everything. My friend called the office and the guy who answered said he'd get the Vancouver supervisor on it right away to bring boxes over and that he'd call back with a status update. My friend relayed the information to the movers and the girl just scoffed and said something like "What is he going to do? Drive all the way from Langley where the office is and drive over a few boxes?" That was very unprofessional of her to say something like that. Even after the move was finished and packed, my friend never got the call from the "Vancouver supervisor".

2. When the movers started taking apart the bed frame, they asked for a screwdriver and an allen key because they weren't advised by the office to bring any tools with them. When we spoke with them early on, we were assured that they would have all the tools necessary to disassemble furniture. What if we had no tools?! We were very lucky that my roommate had some.

3. When the movers were ready to leave for the storage unit, the girl asked for my credit card information, which my friend gave, and then the girl said things will happen in this order:
a. They will unload everything into the storage unit
b. She will take a picture of what it looks like
c. She will text it to me
d. She will call me to see if I'm happy with how it's organized
e. I would then give her authorization over the phone to charge the credit card.

Note that A through D, DID NOT happen. What really happened was I noticed a charge from them on my card and quickly alerted my friend via text. My friend then called the girl on her cell and she said they were just finishing up and had taken a picture and was just about to text it to me. My friend asked her why she didn't do as she said earlier (steps a. through d.) and she made an excuse that it was all done now anyway and she'll be sending over the picture shortly. Also, because there was no receipt or invoice given to me, my friend asked her about the breakdown and she said it was 2 hours of moving plus 1 hour of travel. When my friend called her to find out why the card was charged without her authorization, it was 14:49h. She eventually texted the picture to me at 17:10h.

4. I am not happy that we had to be the ones to provide their movers with masks. As they mentioned on your website, they are an essential service. How are they providing masks and gloves for your movers? This is the least they could do to not only safeguard their own employees but the people who hire them too!

So as you can see we were extremely UNHAPPY with the service and requested a 50 %discount in a email highlighting our concerns listed above. This is the response we got (and I will let you judge how unprofessional these folks are):

"I have reviewed your email and have been in touch with the local manager and crew. We apologize for the staff defensiveness and I can only assume that is why some of the comments were made.

It is true that it would have taken over an hour to do a box delivery and from what I understand you were accommodating by letting our crew use your boxes, bags & tools. Thank you.

The travel charge is a flat rate of 1 hour for the crew leaving and returning to dispatch. The time it takes to arrive that the delivery address is considered move time.

PPE supplies are supplied to the crew however, they run out.
Since the move was only 2 hours plus the 1 hour travel we will not be refunding 50% of the waybill to your client. The time charged is well within industry standards.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced."

Bottom Line: If you want to HIRE a cheap moving service and DON'T care about the lousy moving service they provide, please go ahead and do business with them.

However, IF you want some one professional who knows what they are doing and know C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R S-E-R-V-I-C-E, then please stay away from these guys.

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto

Apartment move

I was delighted with the way you handled my recent move. A tricky one, with lots of stairs at the house I was leaving , & a too small elevator at my new home, but Shane & Dustin cheerfully dealt with all the problems, & worked fast & efficiently.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto
1 review Burnaby, BC

Late. Slow. Expensive

They showed up late.
The cost of the move was 120% higher than the quote
One the two guys they sent spent most of the day on his cellphone moving a single box at a time. He also had to 'get out of there to go to his girlfriends birthday party.'
They brought single 4 wheel dolly, I provided the other two and they lost one of them on a second stop - we had to recover it.
I personally worked harder than one of the guys they sent.
Definitely do not use these guys, even if everyone else is booked up. I sent them this complaint and they couldnt even be bothered to respond.

Margo in Toronto
Margo in Toronto
0 reviews Victoria, BC

Great guys to deal with! We dealt with Justin and Caleb in Edmonton. Polite and carrying!

We hired 2 Burley Men to move from Edmonton to Victoria. They exceeded all of our expectations, as they are also currently storing our furniture and will move it to our new place. Justin and Caleb are hardworking and polite! Overall great!

Glad to hear how pleased you were with your moving experience Margo. Thanks!

Heather in Toronto
Heather in Toronto
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

moving

Dustin and Will were just great. Very quick and efficient, very careful with my belongings and very polite and friendly. They answered my questions thoroughly. I'm sure the drop-off experience will be as good as the pickup was.

Thanks for the nice review Heather. Dustin and Will are two of our best!

Such a positive expweience! in Victoria
Such a positive expweience! in Victoria
1 review Victoria, BC

Such a positive experience!

Our daughter moved today from her suite to a storage locker, and what a positive experience it was! Both Sebastian and Warren were quick and efficient, very respectful , and what a couple of nice guys! We all THANK YOU so much for making this move for our daughter absolutely problem free! We will use you guys again, and happily recommend you to others!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Glad to hear your daughter's moving experience was such a positive one!

More about 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

2 Burley Men Moving is your go-to mover for local and long-distance moves throughout the Lower Mainland and across Western Canada.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Fort Langley?