It is my pleasure to have met Imran Emamdee of Gas Fireplace Services & Repairs today and have him service our (older) Regency gas fireplace. We had not consistently used it in 6+ years, it was no longer working for the last 2 years and we were considering removing it altogether and reverting to the original wood burning fireplace. Then we decided to have a look online to see if we could find someone who services the Toronto area.
After reading such positive reviews on HomeStars about Imran and his high level of service, I decided that he was just the person to call. We are happy to report that Imran gets 5 stars! Here is why:
* Prompt service - I called first thing this morning and he was able to make it to our home before 2 this afternoon.
* Very Knowledgeable - he was able to instantly determine from looking at our pilot light that there was an issue. He explained what he was doing each step of the way.
* Passionate - Imran knows his work with many years of expertise and it was a pleasure to see him work patiently, with enthusiasm and have a smile on his face.
* Respectful - he asked to move our furniture that was close by and laid all his tools down on a rug he brought so as not to dirty anything. He thoroughly cleaned all the parts that needed attention and when he was finished he cleaned up all the mess and left our home looking better than before.
* Honest - he explained what our system really needed and indicated the costs upfront before proceeding. In addition to a serious top to bottom cleaning, that the valve and sensor needed attention as they are on their way out and said it would have been easy to just tell me to replace those parts but given the price tag (over $1500 for parts alone), he wanted to save us money and not make us have to spend unnecessarily unless we had too.
And if you really want to know what made the difference between four and five stars.... it's the small things that make a huge difference. For example, when I told Imran that I did not particularly like how the flame was small and only blue, he said that was no problem to change and added mineral to make the flame look so realistic that it far exceeded my expectations. Also, I did not like the pebbles surrounding the logs on either side because they looked like they belonged in a fish tank (or that we should have a snake in our fireplace!) and Imran said "not a problem", he removed them and said they were not necessary, just for looks and he also preferred it when the surrounding was just smooth and black. Overall, I have to say that we are so happy we made the call to Imran and will be calling him again in the future! Thanks Imran... our family is now warm and cosy with an awesome, new looking fireplace :)