The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Robin C in North york
Robin C in North york
1 review North York, ON

2 Leather Couches

As usual the Chesterfield Shop is the only place I would buy furniture. My family has always only dealt with this company and I am appreciative that I did once again. They are helpful and stand behind their products.
Approx. 6 years ago I purchased two beautiful white leather couches. I loved these couches and received compliments from many. However, as time went on a strange thing happened. The couches were somewhat sinking in the middle.
Even though these couches were slightly past their warrenty with the manufacturer, the Chesterfield Shop stood behind what they had sold me. They had a repair person repair the couches and my family are once again enjoying them.
THANK YOU CHESTERFIELD SHOP AND ESPECIALLY BOB.
You handled the situation with professionalism and knowledge and have kept a large extended family as customers !!!
We wouldn't shop anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arvo in Richmond hill
Arvo in Richmond hill
1 review RICHMOND HILL, ON

Sofa Purchase

We purchased a sofa and loveseat on Jan 6th. We were told we needed to order them due to our colour choice and it would take eight weeks to build and deliver. We're now sitting at 11 weeks with the latest expected delivery date set at 14 weeks. The date has changed every time we've called and I'm not holding my breath it won't change again. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any concern from the company itself once they have your money. It's too bad because the purchase experience was great. We will not however deal with these people again.

Kelli in North York
Kelli in North York
3 reviews North York, ON

Condo-sized sofa

My experience with the Chesterfield Shop was fantastic. On my first visit to have a look around, the staff member was very helpful. He answered all my questions, showed me several options in condo-sized sofas (they call them city size) and explained some of the difference in quality. After shopping around at several more stores, the Chesterfield shop was the only one who carried exactly what I wanted and it was at a competitive price. Ordering the couch went very smoothly and I received my couch even earlier than expected - exactly three weeks later. I love it! It is exactly what I wanted. I would definitely buy another sofa at the Chesterfield Shop and I would (and have) recommended it to family and friends.

S. D. in North York
S. D. in North York
1 review North York, ON

custom loveseat

I always thought that the 'Chesterfield shop' was the place to go when looking for a sofa or loveseat. My entire family has stopped there for as long as I remember.

I recently had an experience that I won't soon forget. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE.

If there is something wrong with your furniture whether it is bought in the clearance section or custom ordered, do not expect any consideration from the management there, especially their Customer Service Manager at the Dufferin St. location

I will be telling my friends and family to really think before shopping there.

Totally disappointed. Maybe if you spent thousands they would treat you better, who knows.

very disappointed
very disappointed
1 review Stouffville, ON

leather sectional

March 20 purchased a $3000. leather sectional based after we shopped around on delivery time from other retailers. we where promised the date of delivery of April 17 just over 4 weeks for our new home . I put a depoit of $600 cash down.Two 2 days prior I went in as they had not called me...apparently the computer captured the wrong number and the left a message for someone else. I was told it would be an additional 2 more weeks. I search the store for something else...there was no manager available be me to speak to. The sales rep told me to wait and get the sofa I truly wanted. The next day we had a death in the family and we where rushed to by furniture for our home to accominate guest. They called a week later to say it would be in in a additional week. I told them the order was on hold. someone called again to say that it was now in 6 weeks later and again I said on hold as I was awaiting the refund and to visit the store as I was told I had to come in in person . I went in 2 additional times to be told it had to be approved or discussed with a manager. I never recieved a call until i called 8 or 9 times. I had a return call on June 3 from the CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER. WHO WAS RUDE AND BOLD AND DID NOT care to listen to the problem or situation. The sale rep had since been fired he said and I agreed that he most luckly only told be the date he could deliver to keep his sale. Never the less I was never told I could not get my deposit back, that it was a special order even though the floor model was not available and we chose the same color and leather.I never signed a document was was explained their Policies. The store told me they are KEEPING my $600 and refund no credit. This is a disgraceful organization. For everyone who takes the time to say they are unhappy there is ten people who do not. Spend your money wisely ..and not here. I will have to take them to small claims court.

davidtoronto
davidtoronto
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

couch

we purchased a leather couch here for our home office. We need a specific size and they had it. However the leather was defective, there were lines and marks in it that were very visible. We had to wait 5 weeks to get a replacement and the replacement also had some issues with it.
We decided to keep the second replacement because we were told we could not get a refund! The exchange was a HUGE HASSLE and they took weeks to get a replacement even thou the piece was very highly defective. They also took weeks to call us back which was very unproffessional.
I wont be shopping here again thats for sure. The prices arent cheap and the customer service is lacking and I wouldnt want to risk getting defective leather pieces again.

Natasha@home
N. A.
23 reviews Pickering, ON

Leather sectional

We shopped around and saw lots of things, but the leather sectional we bought from the Chesterfield Shop was not only beautiful but at a very competitive price. The pieces use kiln-dried wood and are Canadian-crafted so I know that the wood won't be full of toxins etc. The leather is full grain and beautiful. (When you are comparing, be wary of bi-cast leather or bonded leather which can be sold in Canada as 'leather'.) The design was very good. The sales were not pushy but still sales-y and the delivery was mucked up since they did not call us prior to arrival as planned so we could have someone home.

AjaxSammy
AjaxSammy
2 reviews Peterborough, ON

Furniture

I first went to the Chesterfield Shop with a friend a few years ago when she was looking for a futon - she found one there no problem (nice wood frame, very sturdy, and great looking - and she got a great price too. I recently went back (about a year ago) to look for furtniture for myself, and I found exactly what my friend and I had found a few years earlier - this place has great selection and great prices. The salesman with whom I dealt was extremely helpful and friendly, and even willing to 'haggle' a bit on the price (without making me feel like a criminal for trying to get a good deal). I would (and have) recommend this place to friends with confidence.

toni in pickering
toni in pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

leather couch and love seat

We bought couch and love seat 4 years ago.They have 5 years warranty ,but they are allready in terreble condition.When you sit you could feel the wooden frame under.I caal the Chesterfield Shop but they said that is normal wear.I nave leather couch from Lions that was have the price and is still in exellent condition.Don"t buy frpm Chesterfield Shope-overpriced,low quality!

ke in GTA
ke in GTA
6 reviews Thornhill, ON

Sofa

Salesperson was very helpful at purchase time - told me that I could take delivery of the sofa in 3 weeks - time was a major factor in my purchase decision. Too bad he didn't communicate this urgency to anyone else. When I called 3 weeks later, I was told it would be another 3 weeks. If I'd known it was going to take this long, I would have either purchased something that was readily available, or gone somewhere else. It's now been 5 weeks and I'm still waiting.

More about The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop. . . Your Leather and Fabric Superstore & More! Since 1948, this family owned and operated chain of Leather, Fabric and Home Theatre seating superstores, has been prouding serving generations of satisfied customers who keep coming back again and again for the great selection, quality, service and ...
Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?